My sim has a "clone"!

Olive Specter

My sim has a "clone"!

Post by Olive Specter »

I'm having some trouble with my game. :eyebrow:

I downloaded "cleaned up" versions of some the Sims that come with the game, so I could add them to a new town. Unfortunately, it seems like something went wrong because there's a duplicate of one of my sims (Sanjay Ramaswami). I only discovered this because a copy of him came by one day and they became acquainted. I tried to ignore them and just avoid having them interact, until today, when playable-Sanjay was booking a vacation with his family, and imagine my surprise when clone-Sanjay seemed to have gone with them! I must have selected him from the list, thinking he was playable-Sanjay.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I've checked and there isn't another copy of the Ramaswami in town. I suspect I must have gotten something mixed up when I placing them from the bin. His wife hasn't shown up.

Is there a way to get rid of him? Will this cause issues to my game? I'm hoping it won't, since other than the same genetics and name, they're different sims.
:woot:
mandarine

Re: My sim has a "clone"!

Post by mandarine »

First - Back up your neighborhood.

It does sound like you have two different sims here...killing one off might do the trick. And if they're not two different sims, you have the back up
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

mandarine wrote:First - Back up your neighborhood.

It does sound like you have two different sims here...killing one off might do the trick. And if they're not two different sims, you have the back up
I'm pretty sure they're different Sims, because when I play with the family in question, the "clone" Sim will show up to visit so I end up with a playable and unplayable version of him on the lot. Unless you meant something else? I'm trying to figure out a way of killing him that won't affect the memories of the family now that they've met him, because it would be pretty weird if their memories said "Sanjay Ramaswami died" with the playable one still alive (I don't think any of my other families have met him, or I'd invite him to someone else's house and kill him).
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Do not Boolprop-Delete him! Do not do that!!
That will seriously mess up your game!!!!!

If you want to remove him from the neighborhood, move him in with someone and make him go into the SimBin. That sounds like the safest way
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

mandarine wrote:Do not Boolprop-Delete him! Do not do that!!
That will seriously mess up your game!!!!!

If you want to remove him from the neighborhood, move him in with someone and make him go into the SimBin. That sounds like the safest way
He's technically in the SimBin, I assume, since I've searched and there are no playable families with that Sim other than the one I've been playing with (with the non-clone). Thank you for the tip, though, I'll try doing this and I'm glad I didn't use boolprop to kill him off!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Don't delete him from the sim bin! Too much of that and it could corrupt your neighborhood.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Here's a "safe" way to delete the extra Sanjay http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i ... 205.0.html or you can just kill him off with boolprop.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”