Zombie Nannies = Blue T-Poses + Stuck Toddlers FIXED

modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Zombie Nannies = Blue T-Poses + Stuck Toddlers FIXED

Post by modelmgt »

Ok. :heavybreathing:

I had a nanny accidentally die when she wandered off and got eaten by a cowplant on one lot. Instead of leaving her dead I decided to try resurrecting her(via bone-phone) as a zombie and possibly moving her out on her own to play later. She now lives with that household, earning skill points and what have you.
Of course she works for various households in the neighborhood, but I didn't consider this at the time or thought it would work itself out...
Today I went into another house in the 'hood to raise a toddler to a child and get a family portrait. Turns out the nanny(now zombie-nanny) also worked for this house.
I got into the house and at first all I saw was this black figure in a T-pose that had no face, but the outline of the figure looked like the nanny. If you've seen enough BTS green-screen stuff from movies(or memes) you know what a T-pose is:
http://v110.wiki.optitrack.com/images/t ... seback.png
I had another sim dismiss the T-pose nanny for the day; the black figure turned blue and began flashing, and the face appeared. Sure enough, zombie nanny. I don't know what will happen for the nanny's next shift, but I assume another nanny will show up.
Now we have another problem:
The couple's toddler daughter was apparently being potty-trained at the time of the hiccup and is now stuck on the potty, and isn't even peeing, which she needs to do. She's not moving at all! This will probably result in social services coming.

Will it work if I just move the family out of the house and bulldoze the lot? Meaning will that reset the family(toddler included) to normal?
Or, is there another fix that would not involve rebuilding the house? I wouldn't mind rebuilding but would like to avoid it.
I need to know this because there are likely to be more houses that need fixing because this nanny died and got resurrected.
Last edited by modelmgt on October 5th, 2017, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Zombie Nannies = Blue T-Poses + Stuck Toddlers?

Post by Radiochocolate »

Easiest way at this point to make sure Zombie-Nanny doesn't show up is to kill her off again. Summon using cheats, kill using cheats (wow, I've gotten really blasé about these things).

As for the toddler problem, don't go moving the family out just yet. Resetting the sim should do the trick:
1) moveobjects on
2) Select the toddler and delete her (yes, this is safe)
3) Save and go to neighborhood screen (preferrably by clicking the "Save" button first, rather than saving through the "Exit to neighborhood" button)
4) Enter the household again. The toddler should now appear by the mailbox with her needs in the green. At this point you're free to turn the cheat back off.

I've used this several times on babies that refuse to age due to low motives, as well as to fix a plantsim motive glitch (that was apparently just a hidden "Fun" motive).

Keep me updated on how it goes!
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Zombie Nannies = Blue T-Poses + Stuck Toddlers?

Post by modelmgt »

Long time no see Mia! :wave:
I had done the reset once before on a baby that was stuck in its crib, but couldn't remember how I did it.
I'll let you know!
P.s. Pitty I can't have a horde of Zombie-Nannies without borking the game! :-(

EDIT: So far I have moved the nanny out WITH the cow plant. They will go on an empty residential lot together for her actual death.
I'm thinking that:
A. This will make it easy for the nanny to die again, and I won't be distracted from the goal with tending to the family.
B. The cow plant can no longer create future problems on the family's lot, and will serve me well in future if I get the idea again with any other nannies who accidentally die.
C. If the nanny dies on a separate lot, she can't haunt the family's lot where she died before.
D. WHEN the nanny dies, she can also serve to haunt the NEXT accidental death, should I forget and try this again.

UPDATE! Thanks to Mia, this has been fixed! Another nanny showed up to take over, and Hildegarde (the stuck toddler) is now a child! :party: Thank you so much! :hug:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”