No one is showing up at downtown lots!

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

No one is showing up at downtown lots!

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I don't know what's going on. Everywhere I go, it's like a ghost town. There are plenty of townies in this neighborhood, and they walk by, but as soon as my sim heads downtown, to meet them, there is just no one to be seen. He stays for hours at the park, and absolutely no one shows up. Same thing at Club Crypt-o-Night.

Anyone have any idea what's up? Is the neighborhood borked? Is there a way to fix it?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: No one is showing up at downtown lots!

Post by Radiochocolate »

Is this a hood with more than one Downtown? Due to the game coding (presumably to avoid multiple Tricou kids), only the first Downtown you add will have sims in it, even if it's a custom one.

Are the barkeepers missing as well? Have you recently started using a particular mod? Do you have mods that might block the portals or otherwise affect who's allowed on the lot?
Do the townies appear in the primary hood and/or other subhoods?

For finding out eventual neighborhood corruption, I suggest running Mootilda's Hood Checker. It's become a habit of mine between back-ups.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ah, thanks for that link! I'll check it out.

It's actually the only downtown for this hood. But I've had multiple downtowns before and had no problems. Sure, you don't get new downtownies with each new downtown sub-hood, but you do get people to SHOW UP.

Hmmm, I did download a mod from simlogical, since my last play, but I haven't actually used it, yet. I hope that's not the problem. I was looking forward to playing with a prison. I'll try that link and see if I can figure out what's up.

Thanks, again!

Looks like this is going to take a while. I have to back up everything, first, and that's an hour, right there!

Yipes. Make that 6 hours and 30 minutes, according tot the estimated time remaining. But we know how reliable that isn't. Anyway, I doubt I'll be able to actually play sims today. Ah, well. Did you know that Stardew Valley has updated? WOOT!

I have too many obsessions.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I just use SimPE for my back-ups, which might only copy the neighborhood.package :shifty:

Inge's stuff shouldn't cause problems, but you could try taking them out (since you haven't used them yet).

Did the barkeepers show up at the Crypt?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yes, the barkeep, the waiter, cook and host for the restaurant. At the park, the barista showed up. Just nobody else.

So, I backed up my entire "Sims 2" file in Documents (which did take six and a half hours), and today I ran the hood-checker on Belladonna Cove (the problem neighborhood, although others are glitchy, too, especially Shady Glen), and now I will test it and see what's up. I may have to send someone on vacation, because it seems that a bunch of tombstones may have been sent to a hotel, despite my selecting "Gothier Green Lawns," but we'll see. If all else fails, I'll take out my downloads folder, take out the Sims 2 folder, re-run th game to repopulate (factory re-install), add the downloads back in, and the neighborhood backups. It's a pain, but I do have a plan.

Also, I could take out the prison mods, but I don't want to have to do that before I ever even got to play with them. I had PLANS for that prison.

Edit: Well, I play-tested after the neighborhood check fix, and the people still did not show up at a lot (barista did), so I think I'll finish this date and then quit the game, and remove the simlogical mods, after all.

Edited again - I also put in TwoJeff's Visitor Controller. Could that have something to do with it? I'll try taking that one out, as well. No, I'll try taking that one out, first. Wait. Maybe I need to spawn the adjuster and set it to actually allow people? Maybe it's keeping everyone away? I'll try that, before I take out any downloads, and give you an update after that.

Update - With the Visitor Adjustor, I can now get NPCs to show up. No playables or townies, though, yet. Hmmmm... I should play a different household, and make sure there ARE other playable left in this town. Although, I know there are townies, because they walked by the house before, so I am very confused why they don't show up downtown. This is the base Nightlife Downtown, and I'm going to base lots, not self-built or edited. So strange.

Updated again - I tried allowing all with the visitor controller, and got NPCs, but no one else. I got rid of the visitor controller, and got no one but the barista, bar keep, waiter, etc. I got rid of the Simlogical prison downloads, and now I have a single playable sim showing up! Woot? Wait, there's another one. And two more! Huzzah!

Well, so much for my prison scenario. Oh, well. It's strange, though, because I've never had trouble with Inge's stuff before. I am now going to re-load her stuff in batches, and test it, and hopefully I'll still be able to do at least some of the stuff I had planned. I added several of her things on the same day, so I'm taking out everything I added on that day (including prison), and adding them in batches, and maybe it's not even the prison thing. Maybe it's one of the other things, like Break Up Anytime, or Multi Hider.

Update: Confirmed. It's the Prison downloads. Rats. Now I'm wondering if it is one specific thing within the Prison folder. Maybe the "No Escape" patch? I hope so.

Update: IT WAS the "No Escape" patch! I got rid of that, and tested with Prison, and it worked. I even added Visitor Controller back in, and it worked! I have playable and townies on my community lots again! HuZAAH!

Thanks for your help, Mia!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Huzzah indeed! I look forward to seeing what you do with the prison!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Two things I want to do with it. One, use it for a new punishment for the next infraction in Youngdale, and two, Build a Penal Colony.

I know I go crazy with having so many projects going on, but it just depends so much on my mood, as to what I want to play that day. I seem to be constitutionally incapable of just noodling around for fun. I have to have SOME sort of challenge and/or rules set. I don't know why. Even if I'm only play-testing something, I have goals. I've just always been a very goal-oriented player, even if the goal is, "Let's see all the different animations," or "do ALL the things!" or "how long can this person last without X item?"

For example, I once spent the first two weeks of an apocalypse without giving my founder a bed, because of money and space, and just had them pass out in a 1x2 room, every night, thus following the "no sleeping outdoors" rule, while at the same time, saving on furniture that could not later be moved, as I built the house out and up, until I could place the bed where I wanted it to be, long-term. The "pose" option is your friend, if you need a person to stand still, until they pass out. Or just get them inside, close and lock the door, until they pass out. They'll actually pass out standing up, and I have found that their comfort does not tank as much as when they pass out on the floor. So weird.

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”