Sim bin in TS2?

Olive Specter

Sim bin in TS2?

Post by Olive Specter »

I haven't played TS2 in a long time and I'm just getting back into it thanks to the Ultimate Collection off Origin. Before I start wrecking things in the game, I need some help with the sim bin!

I want to play with some premade families. I'd also like to have "backup" versions of those families so I can add them to other neighbourhoods, make their lives go in different directions, etc. if I so choose. The trouble is that I can't figure out how to do it. When I try to add existing families to the bin, they just seem to be moved out of their homes and placed into the bin, not just copied.

Is there a way to use the bin in a way similar to the way it works on TS3? Is there some sort of option or does anyone have any advice on how to "clone" families? I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't really remember what this aspect of the game used to be like.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I ended up finding out that you shouldn't move families straight to the bin anyway. I forgot about that corrupting files. Sorry!!
:woot:
mandarine

Re: Sim bin in TS2?

Post by mandarine »

If you want the premade families to be saved in Bodyshop etc, I suggest that you check out http://maxis-taste.livejournal.com/tag/downloads!hoods
They have every premade from every hood in TS2 for download.
With a little help from sims.wikia you can easily recreate your favourite families
Olive Specter

Re: Sim bin in TS2?

Post by Olive Specter »

mandarine wrote:If you want the premade families to be saved in Bodyshop etc, I suggest that you check out http://maxis-taste.livejournal.com/tag/downloads!hoods
They have every premade from every hood in TS2 for download.
With a little help from sims.wikia you can easily recreate your favourite families
Thanks! I ended up finding the families I wanted for download on another livejournal, but this is a really helpful resource. :thup:
:woot:

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”