Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Objects Changing Directions

Post by Heather »

I installed TS2 UC on my windows 10 laptop, and for some reason I'm having difficulty placing objects. Whenever I place something, it changes direction on me, unless I rotate it using my mouse. This obviously makes placing anything on an angle impossible, which is frustrating because I like to use angles a lot when I build.

This is probably a long shot, but does anybody know if there's a solution for this? :|
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Objects Changing Directions

Post by Taube »

Not a solution, but I found at least two other people with what appears to be the same problem. No one replied to them, unfortunately.

Are you having any other graphics/display/gameplay problems since installing the UC? And I assume that this is just since installing the UC and nothing else has changed? The only other thing I can think of is that when I was doing searches for this, I kept coming across people in Sims 4 that were having trouble because they hadn't set the Sims 3 camera option, which made me wonder if this could be kind of related in that something with the camera or a graphic bug was causing this, in which case it might be fixed by some of the utilities that get Sims 2 UC to play nicely with newer computers. I don't really know though. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Objects Changing Directions

Post by Heather »

Thanks for the reply! I was able to fix all but one graphical issue after installing UC on windows 10, and it's a minor issue, so it doesn't bug me too much.

As for the problem with rotating objects, I think I'll just do my building on my win 7 laptop, since I still have it, and don't have the same issue with it. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”