Default skin question

ceruleanbabe

Default skin question

Post by ceruleanbabe »

Say you have default replacement skins. If you were to package a Sim using a default (but replaced) skin, would the skin show as custom if someone downloads it? Or would it show as the downloader's default?

Thanks for your help in advance! :lemonade:
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Default skin question

Post by Rosanna »

I believe they'd show up as the downloaders default
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I was wondering the same thing, except with eyes; I'm assuming it's the same deal. Is there a way to package Sims without them? I'm a total n00b when it comes to sharing Sims/houses/etc...
hello! :heartbeat:
ceruleanbabe

Post by ceruleanbabe »

Chase wrote:I was wondering the same thing, except with eyes; I'm assuming it's the same deal. Is there a way to package Sims without them? I'm a total n00b when it comes to sharing Sims/houses/etc...
I think the guaranteed-to-work way is to just take out your default replacements temporarily, package the sim, and then put the replacement back in. That's a little more work, but I guess it's the best way to be sure...

But if they end up with the CC? I'd think it's only a big deal if someone doesn't want any CC in their game. It's not like skins or eyes come with meshes... you'd just have to be careful not to send a zombie-skinned Sim to someone who doesn't have Uni, etc. I don't think that would work too well :hmm:
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Well, there's always the [url = http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/]CC Installer[/url]. That nifty little thing lets you decide what to install to your game.
ceruleanbabe

Post by ceruleanbabe »

mandarine wrote:Well, there's always the [url = http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/]CC Installer[/url]. That nifty little thing lets you decide what to install to your game.
Oh, I completely forgot about the Clean Installer!! Thanks so much lol :))
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Tech whiz-zing, that's what I'm about ;D
docnerd

Post by docnerd »

If it's a true default replacement, it only affects your game, as opposed to being a custom skin. I've packaged many Sims with default eyes, and they'll show up in other peoples' games with whatever THEIR default eyes are. The only way that stuff shows up in someone else's game is if it's custom, like if you had a Sim with a skintone 3.5, and then the downloader has the choice to use Clean Installer to download the custom skin, or not download it and use whatever they have instead.
You can find me at my Livejournal.

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”