House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

alien eyes help? (Solved)

Post by Little White Comet »

It seems like creaturefix is no longer working for me.

This kid is meant to have alien eyes like his father. He grew up with alien eyes but when I made him go and change his appearance I was greeted with these eyes. I did the same with the father, who has skin 1, and the same thing happened to him.
I've changed the kids eyes in SimPE to brown and then back again, I've used the full face make-up trick, I've changed my defaults, I've even aged the kid down to a toddler and up to a teenager but nothing works.
Can someone help me with this please?
Last edited by Little White Comet on August 17th, 2016, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: alien eyes help?

Post by Heather »

Hmm, you might have change a filename so that the eyes load after creature fix? I have witch replacements that don't work correctly unless creature fix loads before them. Try putting your alien eyes in a separate folder in your downloads, name the folder Zzalieneyes (or anything that starts with a z, really), and see if it helps. If not, I'm afraid I don't have any other advice, other than to try the 50-50 method.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

I think I found the problem. I've been using Theo's Unlock Alien Eyes for all Skins ever since I found out normal skin children can inherit alien eyes. The thing is my downloads folder has a habit of randomly deleting files when i forget about them and it seems like that one is the one that suffered, hence why creature fix is no longer working; I use default replacements.
So if anyone knows where i can download this again or is willing to pass it over to me that would be awesome, I really can't play this household without it.

Nope not that. While it was gone it hasn't changed anything.

What has changed though is that I can no longer select the default replacement eyes I have in CAS. This is different as I was able to create Miles Velazquez from Arborndale because I could select my default alien eyes. They were also always classed as alien, not a CC set. It used to go the normal colored eyes and then alien would be there unlocked.

So I'm looking for something that unlocks the alien eyes in CAS but also shows my default replacement, not what the Treeag version does from Mod the Sims. Does that make sense?
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I second Heather's suggestion on loading the defaults either before or after creaturefixes.

Have you run the HCDU to see if you have anything that directly conflicts with creaturefixes? Do you have the right version of creaturefixes for your game setup?

What defaults replacements have you used for the alien eyes?

Also, it seems that the skin you're using is custom. Have you had success before in changing the appearance of custom-skinned alien-eyed sims? When was the last time? Did you install any new EPs/SPs between now and then?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

I use WynNyx's-Rensim's eyes as Alien Default, the one labeled alien, so it does load after both Theo's fix and creaturefix. I also have all the games accept GL stuff so I use AL life version of creaturefix.

According to HCDU everything is going alright with creaturefix. Nothing is clashing with it.

Could it be because the skin is loading first? I use default replacements for all my skins and in my downloads folder they're all labeled as [Venice] meaning that they load before everything else. Do you think that could be effecting the eyes?

This is Miles and Leonard. As you can see Leonard inherited his eyes from his father.

He grew up with his eyes like normal.

And I was able to change his appearance as a toddler.

The problem is this is a neighborhood where I have to play household by household for each season, meaning I haven't played this household in a while as I had 7 households in between before I could play it again. So I don't even know when this problem started.
All I know is that I can't do the 50/50 thing with the downloads folder because I can no longer create sims with alien eyes in CAS, and when I try and load this household with different CC the game just completely crashes.
So from what i can tell I'm missing the download that allowed my default alien eyes to appear on sims with normal skin colors, because I just tried with a sim with alien skin and the eyes did appear then. Maybe Theo's fix is the problem? I'll do a quick check.

-
I've just tested my game with just my defaults, creaturefix, Theo's fix and ACR and my alien eyes were working! Meaning it's something in my downloads folder that's causing it. I'm now slowly going through the folder to see what the problem is.
If I find it I'll get back to you!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Fixed it!
There was a weird eye texture file in my downloads and that was causing the problem.
Thanks for helping me you two!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: alien eyes help? (Solved)

Post by Heather »

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed! :)
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Yay for finding a solution!

I just have to ask though: the random deletion of files from your Downloads folder, do the files get wiped out completely or do they just go to the trash bin? Either way, a disk cleanup program on your computer might be behind it, if it's set to automatic.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Yeah that make sense, I'll have to check that. I've noticed it happens whenever i try and back up my download folder, after doing it I'll load up the game and find something wrong with it. Usually it's really easy to notice what's missing, this time though really stumped me.

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”