Fixing the dead.

muleofthefoxxes

Fixing the dead.

Post by muleofthefoxxes »

So I found the tutorial for fixing dead sims on the sim wiki, but it doesn't specify whether or not you need to make the clones in the hood your broken dead sims are in or if you can make them in another.

I did follow it with Skip Broke seeing as how there are two of him one borked and the other just unlinked. I also relinked them both, and then got a green eyed baby girl out of Brandi. So I know I can follow the tutorial! I just need to know if I can make a neighborhood to create these clones in, or if I have to create them in the main hoods, and then go hood juggling.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Fixing the dead.

Post by Taube »

Can you link to the tutorial you're following? I'm not familiar enough with what method you're using to give you an answer without reading about it. SimPE's pretty complex after all, so it could be totally different from what I'm thinking, and I'd hate to assume. ;)
muleofthefoxxes

No problem.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:B ... acter_data

I afterall don't want to just assume on where I can make the clones. :)
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thank you for linking that. :) Before I state my opinion, let me just note that I am not a programmer or even a SimPE expert; it's just something I've used and understand a little about. It's always a good idea to make backups before you play with SimPE, because it is a tool that can mess up your game potentially. Also, if anyone else has an opinion on this, I'd love to hear it too to see if we're on the same page.

In answer to whether the clones have to be made in the same neighborhood, I am not 100% sure from reading the tutorial either, so you're not the only one. However, my hunch is that they should be made in the same neighborhood, so that if any of the information you are copying over references the neighborhood, you won't break those references. I don't know exactly what the files the tutorial is telling you to copy contain, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that something neighborhood-specific could be in there. That said, you are only using the clone to generate these files, and the re-linked original sim should contain the files they need in their own package after this technique, so you could attempt to safely remove the clones afterwards if they bother you. Backup first just in case!

Finally, if you create a backup, you could test creating a clone in a different neighborhood and then seeing if the technique works. I could be totally wrong on this (wouldn't be the first time in my life ;) ) but that is my gut feeling based on the tutorial and the bit I know about these sorts of files. I know that was couched in a lot of "maybe" and such, but I hope it was still helpful. :)
muleofthefoxxes

Yeah it was helpful. If only as a someone else thinks the same thing about it as I do. So thanks for actually thinking about it with me. :)

I'd think rather do backup juggling as opposed to trying to complete delete. i.e. make a back up in which I actually intend to fix the ghosts, make the clones, copy their needed files, move that hood, copy in my main back up and then get to fixing.

Does anyone know if the dead sims in strange town that the sims Wikia says are corrupted not just missing files what exactly is corrupt about them? That sentence flows badly. I'm not sure how to wright it better though.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

There's a little bit of info on Strangetown and corruption in the first half of the first page in this thread. I didn't read the other pages, so there may be more, but I don't have much time at the moment. :)
muleofthefoxxes

Thanks bunches!

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”