Townies with unnamed careers.

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Townies with unnamed careers.

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK, this is bizarre. Now, when my sim asks a townie "What's your job?" they reply with "I'm a ."

Literally, NOTHING. I have used boolprop to make them selectable, and checked their employment tab, and it shows days and hours to work, but NOTHING in the area where normally there would be a job name.

It just happened.

I put in a whole new neighborhood, and it happened again. Deleted the neighborhood, and put in a whole new neighborhood, and it happened again.

Any ideas? For an apocalypse with Intelligence restrictions in place it's not too bad to have a mystery career, but what happens if they marry in, and keep their mystery career, and I just have to guess?

Oh, I'd better see if my playables are affected. Yikes!

Updated to add: It does not seem to affect playables already in the game, or townies the playables have already met. Not sure, yet, about taking jobs. I quit without saving (again), because I'm just kind of freaked. However, I'll try it out again, and see what happens for sims getting new jobs.

Maybe it's just that one neighborhood? It wasn't one of my challenge neighborhoods, so if they work, I will continue, and just go "Awww, shucks!" about that one useless neighborhood. I just was rather hoping to add a new one, for some story-telling purposes.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Townies with unnamed careers.

Post by Teresa »

It seems I used to see that but I always thought it was due to me forcing creation through cheats. :shifty:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”