Random Reset jumps, please help

cowplant

Post Counts

Random Reset jumps, please help

Post by cowplant »

My game has had the tendency to randomly reset my sims and it has increased in the past few days. Annoyingly.
Sometimes they are just resetted, with canceling all their actions, and sometimes the game will pop up the "Cancel, Delete, Reset" Dialogue. On lots with and without CC, before and after a run through with the hood checker. Sometimes, it will even delete the sim from the scene (hapilly, this has only happened on Community lots so the Sim was not lost).

Edit: I suspect that whatever is causing this also to kill my Sims' autonomy!

It has become really annoying and I suspect my game being corrupt :/

What I've done to my neighborhood: Killed of glitchy sims (The Ottomasses), deleted a subhood, moved graves on a community lot.
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Random Reset jumps, please help

Post by Ani-Mei »

Deleting from the Sim Bin is a major no-no, even the Ottomases. A patch for Seasons was released that fixed Samantha so that she would birth the twins without the BSOD appearing. Sims Wiki has links to those old patches, when I make a new hood instead of deleting the Sim Binners I Townie them and the hood runs fine. Except for those two dogs that came with Pets they are borked no matter what so I delete them. Cyd usally gets to stay since I don't know how to make Townies/Strays out of pets in the bin. I also use the Bat Box and the Sim Blender to fix things too, they get placed on every lot; residential, community, and Uni lots so no matter where they want to glitch out I can fix them. Also if you're running the UC I don't know if the hood checker will work with that.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Hi cowplant! Ani-Mei's advice is good, especially using the FFS Lot Debugger (Batbox) and SimBlender to adjust things/debug/fix things. You said you've had this problem on lots with no CC, but did you still have your CC in, even though the lot didn't have any on it? Some CC, especially mods, can affect things even if its object is not on the lot. Surprisingly, hairs and clothes can also cause problems that you wouldn't expect. After a backup (always a good idea when changing things!), I would take out your CC folder completely (just move it to the desktop for now), and try one of those CC-free lots and see if you're still having the problem. This will either tell you that you have a CC problem, or it will rule out a major cause and you can keep narrowing things down from there. Jump bugs and resets mean the game is trying to do something with either the sim or an object the sim is interacting with but can't, so it resets the sim. As for deleting sims from lots, that's a bit scarier, and I'll do some research later to see if I can find out more about it. Right now, I'm heading out the door, but I just wanted to mainly point out the thing about CC. Good luck! :)
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Ani-Mei:
I don't delete them, I kill them. With fire, flies and satelites. i hoped that would put an end to their glitchyness.
Hoodchecker seems to work with UC, it detects stuff and deletes it. But I can't say in which depths, I'm not skilled enough for that :D

Taube: Ok, I'll try. Even though I'm suprised how buggy this game is on its own! I mean, absent objects and hair?! Hair should be something purely cosmetic and absent objects should be...well...absent! Gnah :(

Edit: I'm not going to take out my genetidised skins and eyes. Taking those out may corrupt some townies' genetics. And can neighborhood deco corrupt the game?! I wouldn't consider that before now, to be honest
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
My little lazy legacy
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Update:
The autonomy is back after I took out everything except genetics (skins and eyes). No reset jumps right now. I'll put back my hair defaults and neghborhood deco now. let's see how that works out
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
My little lazy legacy
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

As much as I love Sims 2, I do have to admit that they built a game that can be severely corrupted with no really extra, special measures, and that's a shame. I think the skins and eyes were a good call (I don't use them, so I forget that some people do). Good luck with adding things back in. That's the really tedious part, but slowly adding in and then checking is the best way to track down troublesome CC.

I've heard some people have luck with a "divide and conquer" method, where you add in half of your CC. If there are no problems, you know the problem is in the other half. If there are problems, you add in half of that half and repeat the process. It's supposed to be a bit quicker than adding things in randomly if you're not sure where the problem might be. :)
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Ok, so my custom content itself seemed to be ok. Maybe it was a combination of mods/files or maybe just the sheer mass of stuff that made my game borky.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
My little lazy legacy
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Hmm, so the problem stopped when you took your CC out, but it didn't restart when you put it back in? Or have you not put all of it back yet? Either way, hopefully this is on the path to figuring it out. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”