Sim won't grow up

captainmills

Sim won't grow up

Post by captainmills »

I just had my first toddler to childhood transition for Gen 3 of my legacy...and he went through the animation and all, but he won't actually grow up. He's able to go to school and stuff, but he's stuck looking like a toddler. I exited the lot and reloaded it, but it didn't help. Please help. I just came back to my legacy from a long hiatus and I don't want to lose it because of glitches.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Sim won't grow up

Post by Taube »

Hmm, that's a tough one. I assume you've already saved after his birthday while he's in this state? If not, go back to before the birthday. What's happened basically is that there are age "behaviors" and age "body states," and they're misaligned in this sim. The classic example of this happens with toddlers that act like babies and so can't be interacted with and create a nasty bug when the social worker comes to collect and can't pick up the baby/toddler. Yours is different, and I would think maybe not as bad since it sounds like it's the body state is off in the other direction, and the behaviors still work if he's going to school. I would try aging him up with cheats (such as with the tombstone or the Sim Blender or something). Three things are likely to happen: he'll age into a correct child, meaning he looks *and* acts like a child; he'll age into a teen, in which case you can try aging him back down to a child and see if that fixes him; or you'll get an error of some kind. If you can't adjust his age and it creates errors, that might be a case for simPE but that is beyond my limited skill in this case. Whatever you do, make sure you have backups! Good luck!
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Thanks for the advice. I try to avoid the Tombstone, though. Especially since the Great Game Corruption that killed my apocalypse. I suspect that it may have been the Tombstone's fault. I did end up trying it, but he kept going back to looking like a toddler no matter what I did. So I ended up just reverting to a backup. Thankfully, the backup was made the day before his childhood birthday, so I didn't lose much at all. His birthday went fine this time, so hopefully everything will be okay.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I don't use the tombstone either, but I do feel pretty comfortable with the Sim Blender, but big mods like that aren't everyone's cup of tea. I'm glad to hear you had a backup and that the problem didn't reoccur. Good luck going forward. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”