Seasons - Indoor Ponds In Winter

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Seasons - Indoor Ponds In Winter

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK, I'm pretty sure that there is some way to make an indoor pond that won't freeze in winter. I could have sworn I once had one, years ago. However, now, I can't for the life of me figure it out. Do you build the pond first, then the house around it? Or do you build the house and then the pond, and hope for the best? Must a greenhouse or lamp be involved?

BTW, I LOVE greenhouses. But I thought they got rid of weeds, too? Mine don't get rid of weeds. The plants are completely cut off from outside forces, so where are those weeds coming from?

Is this a mod-thing? Do I need to download a fix? I don't call it a hack, because it seems to me more like a fix. I mean, in real life, a pond wouldn't freeze indoors, while everything and everyone around it is toasty warm, and there wouldn't be any weeds in a greenhouse, either.

If it does require a mod/fix, then I may just have to break down and add it to my "vanilla" game and call it "French vanilla." Still, I want to get through my apocalypse challenge without it, if possible.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Re: Seasons - Indoor Ponds In Winter

Post by Simsimity »

Greenhouses get rid of bugs, not weeds. And I'm not sure about the indoor pond idea, never tried it!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I did do an indoor pond in my legacy, however it didn't prevent freezing in winter even inside. I guess some things are hard wired into the code and can't be altered.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, that's a pity. You're probably right. I've searched online and never found anything about it. But then, my Google-Fu is weak.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Ani-Mei wrote:I did do an indoor pond in my legacy, however it didn't prevent freezing in winter even inside. I guess some things are hard wired into the code and can't be altered.
Yeah I tried the indoor pond bit when I was setting up the good & evil hood idea. The fishing elves in the good neighborhood are pretty well blued and tattooed since the hoods are eternally winter. :no:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

I too tried the indoor pond thing and alas pond froze over in winter. I was all well shoot there went that idea for keeping a bunch of poor roughin it saps alive and fed during winter. Shame really.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Weeds in a greenhouse- sure, from the soil and the door being opened...
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I know that greenhouses don't keep trees from going dormant, so I assumed that they also did nothing to keep ponds from freezing.

As far as weeds go... nothing stops weeds!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”