OFB & Bon Voyage Real Estate Selling Mechanics

Twilightoutside

Post Counts

OFB & Bon Voyage Real Estate Selling Mechanics

Post by Twilightoutside »

Okay, since I want to add a Real Estate Agency as a business to my BaCC in the future, I playtested, how the mechanics for selling real estate works. This includes testing how to sell vacation lots aka residential lots in a vacation hood. This is, what I found out so far and like to share with everybody:
Spoiler:
1. You can buy a Community business at a Computer or phone, a vacation lot only at a phone, and you'll get a deed for it.
2. In a Business, you can set up a deed for any price you want, down to one Simoleon; if you set it cheaper, zero or negative, the offer to sell interaction with a customer is there, but won't lead to the customer getting a sales meter.
3. You can have multiple deeds of a lot, either buy a copy for 15 Simoleons via computer or phone, sell a lot back to the community, then rebuy it, getting a second deed, or buy it several times as described in 8. and 9. You can put all of the deeds up for sale at the same or different businesses.
4. Vacation Lots work like businesses; however, the following bug always occured when I tested it: if you buy a vacation lot at a business and later have a vacation on it, you'll have the business panel in the corner, despite the lot not acting like a business; you won't get any customers or customer stars and you can't sell anything, but you still can see how much money you spent or earnt on the vacation lot; selling and rebuying the vacation lot via the phone removes the business panel.
5. If a Customer wants to buy a deed, you get a pop-up saying that she/he wants to buy it, but you have the option to say no; You don't need a cash register to sell a deed, after answering the pop-up with yes, the Sim immediately becomes the owner of the lot and the deed vanishes.
6. If a Townie/NPC buys a deed, you can immediately re-buy it via computer or phone; if the Townie/NPC who bought the deed moves into a household, there is no deed in her/his inventory and she/he is not the owner of the purchased lot.
7. If a Playable buys a deed, you can't immediately re-buy it via computer or phone; if the playable who bought the deed moves into a household, the deed is in her/his inventory and she/he is the owner of the purchased lot.
8. If a Playable visits a business where a deed is put up for sale, she/he can buy it, getting the option to put it in the shopping bag, then she/he gets the pop-up from 5.; After buying, the playable can revisit the business and, as the business resets and the deed is still there up for sale, purchase it again, despite already being the owner; he/she then just gets a copy of the deed for the same lot.
9. If another Playable buys the deed from 8. on the resetted or another business, it transfers ownership from the owner in 8. to her/him(!); If the owner from 8. has already built/placed something on the lot or achieved a business level with it, the new owner will get the lot in its current state, with build/buy mode objects and the business level; The money paid goes to the former owner, the price is the one set at the business.
10. As an exception to 8. and 9., if the current owner of a lot up for sale is currently visiting her/his lot, nobody can buy it. If a playable visits the business where the deed is put up for sale, the sales interaction doesn't appear. The offer to sell interaction with a customer won't lead to the customer getting a sales meter.
11. The deed for a Business itself can be placed for sale at the business; if the owner sells it, the business is closed and everybody sent home, the other playable is now the owner; if a playable visiting the lot buys it, she/he immediately leaves the lot home and is now the owner.
Okay, that's all - there were some additional bugs/glitches, but most of them I couldn't reproduce...

Happy Simming!
Phamser

Re: OFB & Bon Voyage Real Estate Selling Mechanics

Post by Phamser »

Been so long I played landgraab I barely remember how I did the deed sales. XD still don't remember selling to playables and recalled hire someone with gold or silver sales badges helped a lot.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”