Bon Voyage: Hotels in the normal neighborhood.

Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Bon Voyage: Hotels in the normal neighborhood.

Post by Twilightoutside »

Just a little tidbit I recently discovered:
Spoiler:
A hotel lot, if placed in the normal neighborhood/downtown/business district, acts (almost) like any normal community lot. While you get the normal hotel greeting upon visiting the lot, telling you to choose a suite, you can actually skip that and still use all the amenities outside the suites.

In fact, all the NPC's you find at a community lot will spawn here too, whether it's a barkeeper, host, waiter, cook, chash register clerk, DJ etc. This means you can shop here, dance at a club, eat at a restaurant - and if you are tired, book a suite and spend the night here.

Note: the only object that mysteriously does not spawn its respective NPC is the stylist for the makeover chair :shrug: - but since you could place makeover tables and mirrors, this isn't such a big problem I guess.

So if you want to have a hub in the neighborhood where you can spend the time indefinitely (or until you run out of money), you could use a hotel lot for it. Of course, you could also add a normal community lot with a camping ground and tents, which comes at zero cost instead for the night and also allows you to get ugly haircuts from the stylist chair...

Aside from that, if you want to run and/or own a hotel... unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about this... :indifferent: - The closest thing thing I discovered are two mods from Simlogical: A hotel podium, which is a modified restaurant podium, that doesn't force Sims to eat and then leave, but lets them just stay on the lot, and a lot income mod, with which you can buy the income rights to a hotel or other lot and earn money from it, provided you stay there for 24 hours on the lot.

Happy Simming!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”