Photoshop CS 6 Actions

CandyHarlequin

Photoshop CS 6 Actions

Post by CandyHarlequin »

Ladies and Gentlemen of Boolprop,
Today I bring you the first of [hopefully] many custom content creations. I made some photoshop actions using CS 6, and I decided to share them with you all. The first set is to help with making massive numbers of recolors using images wherein you wish to preserve transparency. The second set is a labour of love, in which I made my variations of the Sims 2 base game and OFB lip colors.

{CH} Useful Actions for Transparency Preservation
{CH} Sims 2 Lip Colors

In order to use the first set of actions, you must do the following: open that PNG containing transparency you wish to recolor. Select all [ctrl+A on windows] and copy [ctrl+C on windows]. Deselect. Run the first action under Useful Actions for Transparency Preservation. Recolour using the action of your choice [let's assume you are making a base, so you would go to image -> adjustments -> black and white, then you would run Pooklet's Volatile]. After running the color of your choice, run the other three actions in that set in order. By doing so, you will create a recolor of the original image and manage to preserve transparency. Save the image as a new PNG and you're done!

The above image uses Bruno's Heavy Metal Lips (resized to swatch size [64x64]). To achieve a purity of color, Curious B's Lighten Base action was used, followed by my Sims 2 actions. The swatches appear grouped by expansion and then alphabetically. The first group is Base Game, and the last five are Open for Business.
Last edited by CandyHarlequin on September 18th, 2014, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iya

Post Counts

Re: Photoshop CS 6 Actions

Post by Iya »

Thanks for sharing, Candy! :D Is there pictures of some examples of the results?
ImageImage
CandyHarlequin

Re: Photoshop CS 6 Actions

Post by CandyHarlequin »

Picture added!

Return to “Sims 2 Creations”