Picture Tips!

Picture Tips!

Postby Chan » September 3rd, 2014, 5:47 pm

I just so recently began playing around with FRAPS for my in game pictures and PS for my out of game edits and it's a ton of fun! A little challenging (Photoshop is anyway) but I love how much better my pictures look.
My question or prompt(?) is what do you guys use to edit your pictures?
If you use PS, is it just a mix of curves and vibrancy? Or if you don't even use FRAPs, what makes your pictures pretty? I'm so inspired by the edits/graphics I see on here and I'm just curious as to how you guys get your pictures so dang nice! And if there's a distinct look you go for; i.e. more pastel, more vibrant, etc!
Chan

Medals: 1
Great Migration of 2014 (1)

Re: Picture Tips!

Postby mandarine » September 4th, 2014, 3:09 am

I use Bandicam for screencatching, and then just Gimp to crop my pics.
While I think that all these filter stuff looks nice enough, I don't see the need to it
mandarine

Postby Heather » September 4th, 2014, 5:24 pm

I use Gimp to crop and edit my pictures, though 'editing' for me consists of duplicating the layer, screening it, and then playing around with the opacity depending on the lighting. Sometimes I get ~fancy~ and do a colour overlay, but I prefer leaving my pictures as they are for the most part.
Heather
Human Dumpster Fire
Staff Moderator

Medals: 60
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 9 Winner (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1)
Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) Monster Mash (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1)
2017 Xmas Events (1) 2018 Pick a Treat - Black Cat (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1)
Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1) Creator's Creations (1) Pride (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1)
Drinks on the House (1) Bubbles! (1) One Eye to Rule Them All (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Treasure Chest (1) Singing in the Rain (1) Gary? (1) Ice Cream Float (1)
Bolt of Lightning (1) Shooting Star (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1) Snap, Crackle, Pop (1) Hey Cupcake (1) Canada (1)
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse

Postby modelmgt » March 29th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Picture-taking-wise it's either the in-game camera or shift-print screen in combination with the camera-man mode (tab).

Picture-quality-wise, if I want a really nice shot or want to be able to monkey with the colors, it's either in Open Office, Libre Office, or because I uploaded them to photobucket(and used their photo editor tools) prior to posting them.
There's an Auto- HD button that's really nice there, as well as a color-correction button (can't recall what its name is) on the same page.
I usually don't do very much in the way of color-correcting or "spit & polish" for my legacy chapters though; just the addition of props, effects or accessories I create in Open Office.
Hope all that helped! :thup:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity on Livejournal Smith, Grunt, Spectre & Beaker Updates Fugly Family Scrapbook & Polls
modelmgt
Right hand to Abnerazak

Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
Medals: 5
Story of the Month (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)

Return to Sims 2 Photo Sharing