Millwood Moments: Galatea & Flynn Astra (UPDATED 12/01/17)

bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Millwood Moments: Galatea & Flynn Astra (UPDATED 12/01/17)

Post by bookloverblue »

I recently managed to get The Sims 2 working again on my laptop. I decided to re-play the game in my good old-fashioned way: I set up a new neighbourhood - Millwood - and will share a few snapshots from the lives of its ridiculous, remarkable residents. I'll begin with the Astra Family...

Dr. Galatea Astra, a respected academic in Millwood, has just built her first Servo. As she’s always so busy inventing things and undertaking scientific research, she could use someone to help around the house. His name is Flynn.

Apparently, the classic Servo look isn’t what Galatea had in mind. Looks like Flynn’s being upgraded!

Once Galatea finished the upgrade, her creation was eager to check out her handiwork in the mirror. Looking good, Flynn!

Last edited by bookloverblue on January 12th, 2017, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: Millwood Moments: Galatea & Flynn Astra (UPDATED 12/01/1

Post by bookloverblue »

So, Dr. Galatea Astra's new Servo, Flynn, has been given a human-style makeover. Now, he's spending his time learning more about his creator, the human race, and what it is humans do.

It seems that, despite being a robot, he does have a artistic flair, and has taken up painting. The Creation is now the Creator!

And perhaps creative ability isn't the only human-like trait Flynn has in his programming. He always fulfills his primary function - to serve and obey his mistress - but could it be that he has a motivation to do so, rather than some mandatory drive?

Galatea can't help but be charmed by her new mechanical companion. After initially seeing him as a tool of usefulness, he eventually becomes something of a friend... and soon enough, her feelings grow even further. Yet, it is Flynn who makes the first move.

Galatea has to admit it. She's in love. At first, she thinks these feelings might simply be a product of her loneliness, but later, she comes to realise that she sees Flynn as much more than a machine. Her affection for him is genuine.

She worries that his apparent feelings for her might just be a result of his design, but he seems to show legitimate concern for her happiness - and does so freely. He proves this by disobeying requests for chores from time to time... but his romantic spark always remains. Clearly, this is a robot with free will.

That said, Galatea knows one thing for sure. If people were to know that Flynn is a Servo, their relationship would never be accepted. This fact upsets her... but her blossoming romance is also a source of comfort.

Flynn, on the other hand, doesn't care what other humans think. He is happy, and Galatea is happy. Nothing else matters. When he re-activates in the morning to start on the housework, he leaves Galatea to rest... allowing her the pleasure of remaining in sweet dreams for just a while longer.

In her dreams, Flynn is Galatea's loving and faithful husband.

And soon enough, she decides to make that dream a reality... whether society likes it or not.

Return to “Sims 2 Photo Sharing”