TS2 to TS4

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: TS2 to TS4

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, Sims 4 came out for Mac, and while I was on my pain pills and ludicrously stupid, I checked it out, saw it was ON SALE! and bought it. I was able to play it for a few hours before the game crashed and I still can't fix it.

Even if I could fix it, though, I have already come to the conclusion that it's fun enough to play, but I don't want to do any story-telling with it. Just my personal preference, and those of you who do tell stories with Sims 4 - more power to you. I just don't really care for certain aspects I've already discovered, and I don't think I could handle getting involved with these characters, the way I do in The Sims 2.

So, I'm still a Two-Lover.

I love Sims 3, as well, except for that darned Error 12. If I could play for longer than 30 minutes before the game going flooey, I'd be on 3 a lot, too. And for 3, I DO love telling stories with it.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well Michelle if you're interested in fixing Error 12 on Sims 3, this site might help you. I have never had a problem with Sims 3 on either computer some say it's a memory issue that your computer doesn't have enough to save the world file, other just think that Seasons increased the frequency of it. I have up to Island Paradise on my laptop and I've never had an issue with Seasons or anything in Island Paradise (except for the damn lag whenever I want to make them scuba dive...)

Error 12 Fix
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

First of all my computer can't run Sims 4. I'm completely in love with the Sims 2. Even after all these years, there's things i haven't done. I'm very attached to my challenges and sims as well.

The Sims 3 was okay, very glitchy for me and not worth putting the time to create the CC folder to have mods. I play it very casually when I need a break.

But I don't ever think I''ll switch to the Sims 4. The emotions are cool, but I don't like the lack of options in hair and clothes. I know it can be fixed with CC but I don't really care enough to look for good CC. I don't necessarily like toddlers a whole bunch, but I love having them around. Potty pics and puppy kitten spam are so very cute. I think not having an open world is definitely a step backward. As well as leaving pools and basements. I just feel that TS4 could have been so much better if they had put more effort into it, instead of rushing the game like they usually do.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ani-Mei wrote:Well Michelle if you're interested in fixing Error 12 on Sims 3, this site might help you. I have never had a problem with Sims 3 on either computer some say it's a memory issue that your computer doesn't have enough to save the world file, other just think that Seasons increased the frequency of it. I have up to Island Paradise on my laptop and I've never had an issue with Seasons or anything in Island Paradise (except for the damn lag whenever I want to make them scuba dive...)

Error 12 Fix
SQUEEEEEEE!!! Thank you so much! I have GOT to do some Sims 3, now, and see how that works out. Oh, boy!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I honestly still haven't used my free game time from Origin yet - for one thing, that requires actually closing my Sims 2 game...not likely to happen unless it's update the computer day or it crashes. So jury is till out here, though I do like how they are handling the game this time around, with actually useful patches/free content etc. I will say that in all honesty I"m more likely to play 4 than 3 - though you know I'll get the complete 3 collection cause I'm a nerd! But those pudding faces make me want to punch my screen, even though I like different game aspects - it's even hard for me to read yalls 3 stories without wanting to put my fist through the screen lol.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
littlenettleheart

Post by littlenettleheart »

out of all the games I tend to always go back to the sims 2, I have all of them.
Installed on my laptop is TS1, TS2 and TS4. I boot up ts4 from time to time, but until they have weather and pets, I dont see much that captures my interest. I need to remind myself the TS2 started off the same way xx
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

I'm not a big 3 fan, I stuck to 2 because I bought all the expansion packs and I'm supreme lord of everything in it.

I like being supreme lord. -hard stare-

But 4 is quite lovely, and though it has some rough edges here and there I enjoy it much more than 3 and in time I expect to be playing it more than 2.
Berret

Post by Berret »

I don't like 3. 4 is okay, but still needs a lot of work. However 2 is still my favorite one, simply because there's more customization in it, I can actually make my own hoods instead of being stuck with a predetermined hood with the exact same lots! While in 2 I can pick from a list, I can pick the size of the lots, where they go and so on. Among other fun stuff. :)
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

I tend to like 3 due to the nraas mods that became rather a must in my thinking...

4 still needs some work, thats certainly true...

Sims 2... Dare I say I started up the ult collection earlier and got most my cc on my other install and works fine on win10... with some work arounds found via mod the sims..
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

I wouldn't have thought that Sims 4 would be that hooking.
But I play 2 and 4 for different reasons.

When I want to have some quick (4-hour long) fun, I tend to load up 4, but when I feel creative and productive, I open up 2.
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”