TS2 to TS4

djdesib

TS2 to TS4

Post by djdesib »

Is TS4 more appealing to you than the TS3 was? because I know a lot of people stuck with TS2 this whole time, now the TS4 is out and stays close to TS2 rather than TS3 is it more appealing to you? are you planning on switching over this generation?
Iya

Post Counts

Re: TS2 to TS4

Post by Iya »

The honest truth is that TS4 does appeal more to me than TS3 ever was, a reason why I never bothered to play it. But I'm rather put off by how much EA want to milk money out of us by taking things out that are rather essential to the game, i.e. pool and toddlers, and probably make us pay for it later in an expansion pack. This make me feel like i'm dishing out more less for less stuff. Also I've been looking at gameplay for this game and I am not impress with that they have to offer. It is a wonder why they keep the gameplay under lock and key until a few days before the game's release?

However, whether I switch over or not will depend on when I get my hand on the game. If the gameplay is of such that appeals to me, I probably be able to survive with mods and CCs despite all the things they take out. But I don't think I'll switch over, because quite frankly, what I saw of the game so far doesn't seem to give me much hope.
ImageImage
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

For me toddlers were so boring and repetitive, I would like to see them in the game ONLY because its a crucial stage to aging but at the same time toddlers never really had much to offer to me besides filling that gap between baby and child. And as for pools, i never even used them except for fountains. I was at a point where i didnt even bother to customize their swimwear. and really? I looove the new game play features, I feel like because of the emotions ill be able to play longer sim games without getting bored as easily
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

I actually love the emotions for sims 4, the biggest factor of why I had the game pre-ordered. even though the gameplay didn't impress me much, I'll hold off saying more about it till my copy is mailed to me, which probably means I won't get to play this week with everyone. I ordered a hard copy that comes with the collector's edition from UK, which means waiting a few extra days or so.
ImageImage
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

I'll probably stay with TS2.
Little rant ahead.
Spoiler:
The build mode and CAS almost had me, but then there were all these missing features (state: hesitating) and then there was all this footage with the insane clipping (state: slightly put off) and then there were the livestreams where the Sims didn't even properly respond to a fire (state: completely put off).
And now, since the first patches are out, I only think "Nope."
It's another SimCity.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

mandarine wrote:I'll probably stay with TS2.
Little rant ahead.
Spoiler:
The build mode and CAS almost had me, but then there were all these missing features (state: hesitating) and then there was all this footage with the insane clipping (state: slightly put off) and then there were the livestreams where the Sims didn't even properly respond to a fire (state: completely put off).
And now, since the first patches are out, I only think "Nope."
It's another SimCity.
the first patch is already out? lol. :applause: Simcity allright. what a disappointment so far. I could have spent my money on a new book or something. :banghead:
ImageImage
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

One book only?
The cheapest pre-oder is worth 2 (really expensive) novels around here. 4 if you have a moderately priced taste in books xD
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

mandarine wrote:One book only?
The cheapest pre-oder is worth 2 (really expensive) novels around here. 4 if you have a moderately priced taste in books xD
lol. I'm a readaholic, so no, not only one or even four. when I buy, i usually spend at least a hundred dollars. lol :goodvibes:
ImageImage
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I considered buying it, until they released the full sims 2 collection for free. I was missing half of the ep/sps for the game, so now I have a bunch of new content to play around with. Having a digital copy also get means I won't have to worry about my disc ever getting too scratched to function.
Chan

Post by Chan »

I never really considered buying TS4 because I never fully made the switch to TS3. Now that the Ultimate Collection is out and my love for Sims 2 has grown, I don't see the point in spending money when I'm already completely satisfied for free.
I do like the CAS pictures I've seen on simblrs, but besides that, I have no use for it. Maybe when it's cheaper and they give up on TS3, I'll think about trying 4, but for now I'm good with my 2D Simmies lol :D
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

The problem is that sims 2 is sort of like EA's golden game. It has so many possibilities, and people can play it however they feel. It's also been out so long that there is loads of CC for it, (even though a lot of it is disappearing now) so each person has their game modded to be exactly to their play style. It's sort of like our first love. I just don't think that later games will ever live up to my expectations, and if they do, they would be pretty much identical to sims 2, and then, what's the point of spending money on it? Though the Create a sim almost had me at buying it.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

My computers can't run it, my laptop would only barely able to run it on 50% capacity. And it still has the one family per hood thing that I loathed about Sims 3 so why would I want to waste 70-80 bucks on something that would only piss me off or blow up my computers? The baby to child thing is so Sims 1 and I hated that even back then so why would I want it now? Nope, no Sims 4 for me, ever no matter how shiny they make it.
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

That about sums it up. I'm hoping they fix that baby to child thing with a later expansion pack. Because otherwise I completely agree with Ani-Mei.
Ani-Mei
Nope, no Sims 4 for me, ever no matter how shiny they make it
*Edit: Okay, so I am such a lier, though it was unintentional. EA, may have been having a black friday sale, and sims 4 may have been half off... I tried it on Keika's computer first, and I was sitting there squeeing over everything and laughing at the sims. So... I bought it. Am still really enjoying it, though there are several things that bug me. Namely the baby child thing. Still holding out hope Maxis will fix it in a later expansion, though. And the create-a-sim, oh, I am in heaven! Can't wait for more options in the future, but I am in HEAVEN!
:plumbob:
:hearts:
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I'm still undecided honestly - I like aspects of it (ironically the emotions and the more TS2 feel) but other aspects aren't really doing it for me. I know I'll probably buy TS3 if they do a complete collection, though I probably will never play it - those sims make me want to punch the screen, seriously. The one family per hood thing REALLY bugs me, since I like playing really, really large families...and I may be a micro-manager. :shifty: So the jury is still out - well, until it's over and TS4 comes out in a complete collection. :lol:
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

My position is still the same, computers can't run it and there's still the baby to child thing. My mom got a new laptop for Christmas and guess what she got for it? Sims 4. Yeah...oh well her new laptop doesn't have a dvd drive so she can't play the Sims 3 discs anymore. I MAY go and steal her Into the Future EP since I have up to Island Paradise on my laptop here.
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Your mom can get an external CD drive that plugs into the computer. I have one because my laptop doesn't have a disk drive either. Then she can still play TS3.

To continue on the original question of this post, I don't think I'll ever fully switch over to TS4, since I love TS2 so much. Though, I definitely love playing 4 and it is just sort of an addition. Can't wait for more content though. Another reason I'm not willing to switch over at this point, since I am feeling the lack of stuff in 4 at the moment. *sigh* money.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

WistfulRose wrote:Your mom can get an external CD drive that plugs into the computer. I have one because my laptop doesn't have a disk drive either. Then she can still play TS3.

To continue on the original question of this post, I don't think I'll ever fully switch over to TS4, since I love TS2 so much. Though, I definitely love playing 4 and it is just sort of an addition. Can't wait for more content though. Another reason I'm not willing to switch over at this point, since I am feeling the lack of stuff in 4 at the moment. *sigh* money.

She did get one, we went out to Future Shop here and got a good for less than a $100.
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

I'll keep playing TS2 right now. I like 3 as well, depending on which features I feel like playing with. The problem with 4 is that I see a lot of similarities between it and 2 but without some of the features. Some Maxis games have been unplayable during the first months and even though I didn't play that latest Sim City, I noticed with TS3 that it was so buggy I couldn't play it properly until enough patches (and mods) were released. I'm not ruling out TS4 yet but I might wait and see, especially since the TS2 collection was released.
:woot:
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I'm going to keep playing TS2 out of respect for my laptop and dedication to my legacy family.

I also never really liked the more quest-oriented TS3 gameplay, where you can only really work on one family and you're forced to do things like leave the house unless your sim has one specific trait... and I sort of disliked the traits in general when I figured out that some of them were traits, some were aspirations, and some were kind of useless, or actively prevented me from changing my plans for a sim when I got bored of the gameplay I had going on. (I made my sim friendly and yet her want was to paint x number of masterpieces and sell x number of best sellers... she kept "having" to go out on the town to meet the useless townies.)

Also, TS4 doesn't have horses, the one thing from TS3 (besides bodyshape sliders and better recoloring options) that I really, really wanted for TS2. :fluffy:

Initially, I thought that if TS4 was closer to TS2 in gameplay (having multiple families alone would have done that for me...) and had the building and customizing options of TS3, it would be great... but that's not what I'm seeing at all.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Scribal_Goddess wrote: Initially, I thought that if TS4 was closer to TS2 in gameplay (having multiple families alone would have done that for me...) and had the building and customizing options of TS3, it would be great... but that's not what I'm seeing at all.
Now that I would have liked; the multiple families in one hood of Sims 2, with the open world, customizing, jewel, rock, and metal hunting of Sims 3 (the only thing I bother to slog through the long loading screens of TS3 for) and the graphics of Sims 4.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”