simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by simsterlyrock »

Quick question: to unlock music, do you think it would be okay to place three musical instruments of some sort on a lot that will mainly be a bowling alley to count as an athletic something-or-other to unlock Athletics? I think I'm going to do it anyway (the main activity will be bowling but there will also be a small gift shop and a break dancer mat outside, so a stage with some musical instruments wouldn't be too crazy I don't think). I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. :lol:
Berret

Post by Berret »

So after a really long time I return to Sim! Been slowly playing my new BACC, and I do mean slowly since I need to get my simming legs back, I'm super rusty!

I also 100% forgot that Past me was evil and installed the triplets and Quad hack, while my founders Husband, Komei just had a boy but my founder had quads! I'm already feeling overwhelmed!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi! That many kids at once would be really difficult for me, but they are super cute! I find that some adult(s)-only households focusing on businesses offer a welcome break from ones with big family, and still increase the population. I hope you continue to enjoy and post about your BaCC :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

@Simsterlyrock I've been holding myself to one lot for each unlock with the Nepheris ruleset.

I've mostly been doing maitenance for my BACC neighborhood - I'm trying to make myself a multi plant sim and multi PT hack in advance of sims who are going to have kids that way, with skins that match my current skinset a bit better than the defaults I've found.

... anyone want four different colors of green skin? XD
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

@Scribal_Goddess: I'm using the original ruleset and it said that the musical instruments can be on a lot with another function, so I'm counting it for now. I might have someone open up an actual music lot (especially since one of my Sims has a LTW to have 3 top-level businesses) so that I don't feel like I'm bending the rules as much.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I started a Bacc hold last night. I wont be posting it, just for fun. But I have 3 households and 8 sims. My SM is 2 so my total population is now 16 yay. I already unlocked music so now I'm trying to unlock paranormal by having my third household marry old women and waiting for them to die. LOL.

Finally had my first fire. I open my game to start my new round and the woman starts making herself something to eat and then sets the house on fire because she wants to woohoo her husband. URG
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I'm on to winter with two families with no income other than crafting, digging and gardening, so this should be lots of fun.

They won't starve though, they both have full fridges.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm resisting the itch to start a new BACC. I just love the struggle especially in the beginning. But Silver Bend is so much fun too, now that it's really getting going.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I have a question for my fellow BaCC lovers. I made a ruleset for the challenge and to me it makes sense while I'm play testing it but would anyone be willing to play test the rules to double check me?
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'll play test, I need an excuse to start another BACC. :lol:
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Pony you are the best!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm really enjoying Hollywood's ruleset. Some parts are harder and other parts are easier.

I just opened my first community lot in Veda, a club. I really love the couple running it. The husband, Tyler wants to be a professional party guest and his wife Michelle, wants to be a business tycoon. So they're both counting on the club making it to level 10.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I'm having an internal debate about increasing my custom lifespan setup.

On the one hand, it feels more realistic to increase the ages, on the other, I can't find a skilling hack that would decrease skilling to something like 75% of the vanilla game speed, which would make it feel more balanced to me. All the ones I can find are for super long lifespans that I'm not interested in because I would like to eventually have a generation 3.

I don't think I want to "balance" by arbitrarily making businesses harder, because I generally don't play maxed out businesses and I have multiple ones per household with a limit of how long I can play a business at once. But I also want to be able to actually fulfill skilling wants in a reasonable time frame.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I've thought about using a lifespan hack. Right now I just feed the adults elixir. I didn't there was hacks that affected skilling too. That's kinda neat.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm not currently using an aging mod, but I did use one for a while that made the adult stage longer, teen stage shorter, and changed child and toddler slightly without making them too crazy. I haven't used it with my new BACC though, mostly because it doesn't affect born-in-game-PlantSims, which was really annoying. I like the idea of having supernaturals with different life spans though. Especially the witches/wizards. I feel like they would have some sort of magic that allows them to live longer!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

simsterlyrock wrote:I'm not currently using an aging mod, but I did use one for a while that made the adult stage longer, teen stage shorter, and changed child and toddler slightly without making them too crazy. I haven't used it with my new BACC though, mostly because it doesn't affect born-in-game-PlantSims, which was really annoying. I like the idea of having supernaturals with different life spans though. Especially the witches/wizards. I feel like they would have some sort of magic that allows them to live longer!
Yeah, I need to figure out what to do about plantsims. On the one hand, since they come with so many skills and don't sleep or pee, I think their toddler stage is fine as-is, but if I end up de-planting them for childhood and adolescence so they can live longer and actually connect with their human siblings, they'll be the wrong ages.

Witches and Wizards I usually let take elixir as elders. I mean, witches and wizards are traditionally old and wise, right?
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Scribal_Goddess wrote:Yeah, I need to figure out what to do about plantsims. On the one hand, since they come with so many skills and don't sleep or pee, I think their toddler stage is fine as-is, but if I end up de-planting them for childhood and adolescence so they can live longer and actually connect with their human siblings, they'll be the wrong ages.

Witches and Wizards I usually let take elixir as elders. I mean, witches and wizards are traditionally old and wise, right?
I love PlantSims, but I never liked that they go straight from toddler to adult. It's so annoying! Especially since it's such a pain to make them normal and then turn them into PlantSims when they're older. And they wouldn't even have the PlantSim skintone as children and teens.

Letting Witches and Wizards use elixir is a good idea, though. I always forget about the rewards and rarely use them. XD I should try and use those more often!
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

Hello I am back attempted this again and I have my first 2 careers unlocked and a have a want for a business tycoon (woo) I have been played for roughly a sim month and do have stats and a story but dont want to publish it while Im playing because its too much at once plus im super ill :'( (so ill I went to a & e and have a hospital appointment ) so I hope to be playing it lots next week when I have a week off work I dont know why but I want all my sims to die with platuim grave stones but I think that will be hard but it is a goal to work towards lol
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I always try and complete my sims' LTWs so that they have platinum graves. It can be challenging in a BACC if they have a career related LTW that isn't available yet, but I do my best. :)
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

:wave: feels good to be back

I never really cared about LTW in my BAC I alway thought it has one goal and this is the set way to achieve it which is why every time I have play it the same way made all the families the same ect no matter how matter many restarts which is why they didnt last long so this time Ive decided to let the residents dictate how I should achieve it as so far its been really fun as I thought if I dont like I dont fail and if I played it this was every time would be different and every family would be different
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”