simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by simsterlyrock »

Yeah, I might start paying more attention to when the Sims are actually born so that I can try and keep aging as consistent as possible.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I used to keep a notebook with everything written down in it. But I moved and haven't found it. Maybe I'll keep better track if I start another BaCC.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

The aging thing bothers me, too. I have learned so many things from my current BaCC, and I'm developing a long list of things I would do differently if I do another. Sort out aging, use better houses (working on it now, I really like my current house downloads), take better pictures, actually figure out doing nice family portraits. The list goes on.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

BaCCs are like potato chips. You can't just have one lol. Each one is definitely an adventure.

I need to get better about the family portraits, though it's hard to rangle all the kids in some of my mega families.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Urgh, I really want to do family portraits, but my fine motor skills are so poor that I can't really get people lined up properly. I've got some poseboxes and things, but all of my experimentation just looks a bit iffy. Once there's more than two people, it just looks really wrong.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Also, how do you track how people are related across the neighbourhood? I am thinking of just deciding that if the game doesn't consider them family, they're not family, otherwise it is getting a bit complicated. A couple of the families are so big, I don't think I am going to be able to keep them from getting seriously intertwined...
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I know people will use family tree sites to use. My BaCCs haven't become big enough yet. And I feel like the families get so interwoven it's hard to keep track. Now of course I'm paranoid about inbreeding, even though sims don't suffer ill effects. I kinda think of my families like dynasties. So two sims that are both from the Pokemon dynasty can't marry. But they can marry someone from the Diem dynasty.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I did start a family tree, I should probably start that up again. I really need to get new blood in, there are far too many people who share Dean Lee as a grandparent.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

That's because he's awesome. And you know those Space, Idaho people. They're prolific.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

That's why I prefer moving in townies over having big families for increasing the number of inhabitants. As of the 5th week, my second generation is just starting to become adults, and no one in a different house (30+ so far) is related yet. I know that will change eventually, but if I keep using that strategy, I will have a lot more unrelated households and quite a few less generations, ergo less keeping track of familial ties, by the time I finish.
Image Image
ISTJ
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I figure that once the game doesn't consider them family it's fine as long as they are from the same generation. My unpublished BACC has Sims of breeding age or younger from generations 3 to 8. So far in that BACC none of the Sims in the same generation qualify as able to marry each other.

The everyone's related problem is also one reason why I've grown to prefer BACC's that start with multiple families.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I use The Plum Tree App to do a family tree for each family, but I'm also at the beginning of my BACC so each family is still early on. The second generation is just starting to become adults now. Some of the teens have started to crush on each other and kiss/woohoo, but I don't know if they'll end up intermarrying. Depends on their wishes.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I wish my BaCC kids would start developing relationships with each other instead of townies, but the randomizer just keeps killing people off >.<
Maybe I'll start another BaCC (not that I'd make time for it lol). I already have so many ideas for plots.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Mia I love your Penal colony. Everytime I get attached to someone they get killed off :lol:

I spent a good part of yesterday building community lots for Veda. I'm loving how the street that the lots are on is looking like a real mainstreet.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Seera wrote:I figure that once the game doesn't consider them family it's fine as long as they are from the same generation. My unpublished BACC has Sims of breeding age or younger from generations 3 to 8. So far in that BACC none of the Sims in the same generation qualify as able to marry each other.

The everyone's related problem is also one reason why I've grown to prefer BACC's that start with multiple families.
If/when I do another (new laptop, does everything better than the old one), I'll be starting with more families for exactly that reason.
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

To deal with the "everyone is related" issue, I've been redeeming my CAS sims early. I've used 7 so far as a mix of 3 spouses already in play and 4 that are basically university placeholders that will get played through. This way I can branch out the families before they all start intersecting as well as create new ones with an interesting admixture of genetics.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I think I might use some of my CAS points as spouses for the soon-to-be-adults if they're not able to find townie spouses easily.
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

I do my family tree in paint to give a bigger view point, as the tree is now getting so big I have it in smaller little individual trees then merge them together so i dont get over whelmed, I also have family profiles of each family as well and a over all neighborhood profile as well as the blog its self and I have to force the game to generate new townies every round as all the mover outers eat them all up and I make them allllllll related even though thegame doesnt reconise it I did have one sim who I cant remeber kept rolling to fall in love with a distant cousin and for fun I went only with it but only made it a fling as I didnt want to mess up my tree
Rough tree:
Branch folders:
Profile pics:

and then I tided it all up and publish it, Im going to update the site this week as Im nearly done with round 19:
Tree:
http://www.simapopulas.co.uk/family-tree
Profiles:
http://www.simapopulas.co.uk/residents-profiles

If you look at my found family profile its getting quite long:
http://www.simapopulas.co.uk/residents- ... ray-family

the gonazaga family are quite long:
http://www.simapopulas.co.uk/residents- ... aga-family

the long family have just had the 5th generation:
http://www.simapopulas.co.uk/residents- ... ong-family

I have like 20 plus unplayed sims and I would be devastated if my pc couldnt handle simapopulas no more
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

My BACC is coming along! I think I have enough in donations for a Downtown (playing with a different rule set that unlocks Downtown earlier), so that'll help with my population quite a bit. I have quite a few households now since I started with 5 families and each one had several kids, but luckily I really like all of them so I'm okay with how many households I have now
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Booted up Silver Bend for the first time in awhile the other. Felt good like coming home. I played the Guevara family, Bulbasaur LTW is befriending 20 pets. She has so many dogs. Her husband, Greg and her basically fill food dishes all the time. I'm having her build a dog park so it'll be easier for her to make pet friends.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”