United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by Jenn »

Lorinsv wrote:Congrats on the University! I just discovered from a BaCC I saw posted on Tumblr, that bags of money wished for with the Genie are good for attracting the burglar, though I haven't had a chance to try it myself.
I would so love to try this. Round 4 and no genie lamps or burglars still.

I finally got a business district last night! 15 community lots, but I couldn't get anyone to top the business career until yesterday. I just need two more tycoons and I'll be happy. Population just reached 1,200.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Do graves count as playables? Because I've seen some people count them and some not.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Radiochocolate wrote:Do graves count as playables? Because I've seen some people count them and some not.
Some people count them and some people don't. I count them because I don't want to deal with the situation where I have barely over 500, stick someone in a career that opens up at 500 and then have some people die and bring me below 500.

Realistically, the dead don't count toward population.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Well, I'm playing with zombies and matriarchy, so there goes realism :P

I think I'll count with dead people as long as they used to be playables.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I count my dead. I feel if I played them, I'm entitled to count them, and reaching 50K population is plenty difficult without throwing population setbacks into the mix.
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I'm never really sure what to do with them either (no one has died yet in my current BaCC), but not counting them seems like such a step back... I agree with you, Loring - you've played them, so you should be entitled to count them. :) I think I'm going to do that too.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I think I'd count recently dead as population for unlocking careers; if they died three generations ago that might be a bit excessive. (Not that I've ever gotten past four generations in the same neighborhood without having to restart...) Of course, that's sort of realistic for my personal rules on who can be ressurected; that you can't bring back someone who's been gone for a significant length of time, though I don't have a hard and fast rule whether that's ten rotations or a generation.

I've also been playing with significant self-imposed limitations on having zombies around. :plumbob2:
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I might soon have more zombies than playables unless I stop converting simselves.

Even with all the rules, Solfège is exciting to play.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Finally opened a University!! 3/4 through the 2nd year and I have a Uni Opened! Right before my first teen grew up too!

Finally got to a point where I'm starting a new family! Which will involve my Simself, being forced into a challenge that I couldn't help but dream about all last night. :diablo:
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I drifted away from The Sims for a little while and now I've found my way back. I've started another new BACC (only yesterday or the day before so it is early days)

I made a female founder called Peony Glass (Knowledge sim) who started a home business sellinng fridges and married Benjamin Long. They had two children, a son Sea (Glass) and daughter Stain (Glass). Normally it gets way out of control and I have too many houses so I'm trying to keep it small so I don't get any CAS sims but we'll see how it goes. I don't even know if I'll continue with this that much. Recently Peony & Benjamin died of old age just after Sea left home to make a new household with Dagmar Bertino (he took her name). Stain, the Glass heir, has grown in to an adult and will take over the fridge business (at Rank 7) with the help of her new husband Alvin (previously Futa)

I also just bought University, Nightlife and Pets since at the minute I'm only playing with OFB and the base so it'll get exciting soon! I'm debating starting a new BACC when I get these new EPS but I'll see how it goes
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I finally returned to my unpublished BACC. I just finished up round 22.

My stats are:
Spoiler:
Playable Sims (I count my dead): 126
SM: 14
Population: 1,764

Careers Unlocked:
Athletic
Business
Culinary
Dance
Medical
Military
Music
Politics
Science

Career Positions open in Locked careers:
Adventurer: 0/1 (Sirius Ray - Level 9)
Architecture: 3/5 (R2-D2 Ray - Level 10, Castor Pangalan - Level 9)
Artist: 1/1
Criminal: 7/8 (Data Ray - Level 10)
Education: 27/27
Entertainment: 3/3
Intelligence: 4/10 (Eric Ray - 6, Elliot Schehl - 9, Roy Micari - 10, Winry Micari - 8, Fletcher Ray - 10, Tiffany Ruben - 8)
Journalism : 7/8 (Meredith Jung - 4)
Law: 18/20 (Izumi Davison - 10, Kevin Upsnott - 8)
Law Enforcement: 4/7 (Cameron Jung - 9, Teyla Ng - 10, Allyn Ray - 5)
Natural Scientist: 3/3
Oceanography: 0/2 (Edward Micari - 6, C-3PO Ray - 10)
Paranormal: 1/1
Show BusinessL 1/1
Slacker: 0/1 (Daniel Graham - 9)

Number of Fires: 8
Number of Electrocutions: 29
Number of Burglaries: 5
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Waaaaah! I just lost a family. *sniff*

It's all my own fault. I know he was cold after staying out so long trying to get the wolf to like him... I know I shouldn't have left the fireplace unattended... I knooooow. :guilty: :hissyfit:

My Gypsy family, Komei Tellerman, and his new wife, Marisa Bendett, are now dead. They leave a poor baby whose birthday was the next day... They were my second rotation family.

He was cold but took time to but his daughter, Bendett, in her swing before warming up and doing some light cleaning:

The next thing I know~Woosh! Flames surround the baby. Not one, not two but a whole carpet full of flames right from the start. Never seen that before. :banghead:

They tried. Both ran to the flames and did all they could...

But it wasn't enough. Oh, my but it wasn't enough. Marisa was over taken first and Komei screamed for his wife and child as the flames climbed up his legs.

Little Bendett was alone, flames still around her and all alone.

But no fears, little one. The Social Worker came to get you. I'll have the founding family adopt her. The only one left of Komei and Marisa Tellerman. :cryingeyes:

Not even one* rotation in my first BACC. *sigh* I'm counting them. Komei earned me a University with my Sports place worth 250k and the 1mil (plus a little extra for their gypsy trailer).
He had just opened the Toy store, he came with a gold toy badge. Marisa opened the gym and had it at level 6 before going home. She was pregnant from the dream date that evening.

RIP. :cookie:

*I was thinking about not saving but I did... it's the first time I didn't do such a Huge fire on purpose. :eyebrow:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

:jawdrop: Rflong7, what a tragic event to befall a city in its founding stage! That lends a feeling of real history and depth to your new city. Wow. I know it's sad, but it's also very compelling and interesting (sorry if that sounds insensitive). I could really get into a BaCC with that kind of a start, and the fact the founding family can adopt the little orphan is really cool too. Thanks for sharing, that was awesome!
Image Image
ISTJ
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Thanks, Lorinsv :)

I should look at it that way- an interesting twist. I think the next lot will be a cemetery and their daughter will move into their old lot when she grows up.

I don't remember reading that the water sprinkler fire system was against the rules, i'll be using that next time I play. :ouch
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Rflong - that is compelling!

When my father died, some years ago, a friend showed me a graphic that said, "When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, 'Plot twist!' and move on." It has been my desktop background ever since, and I have no intention of removing it any time soon. I take a strange comfort in it, whenever anything sad or upsetting happens.

This is quite the BACC plot twist! Especially since they were so darned successful, already. It just goes to show that nothing in sim-life is certain.

Also, I'm proud of you for saving. That took real guts.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi, Michelle :mrgreen:

Oh, goodness- So sorry. :(
What a great idea- Plot twist... I'll have to write that down and hopefully remember that. :D

I wasn't sure if I would save or not- it's one of those, "But it's my favorite Sim!" moments... I should have put in the sprinkler or not put down that rug. XD
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

Question-

Just because I earn another University doesn't mean I actually have to use it, does it? If I earn 20 but only want 2 I can still use all the Unis I've earned when figuring the SM, is what I'm wondering.

I just want one....

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

:check: You are correct, earning a University or a Business District doesn't mean you have to actually place them.

That's a really cool looking University, and a nice manageable size too!
Image Image
ISTJ
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Thanks so much for helping, Lorinsv. :D
That's so good to know. And Yay about the Business districts, too. XD

Thanks- I've got most of what they need on the one big lot (3x3) in the middle. I hope it works well.=D
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Rflong - that is compelling!

When my father died, some years ago, a friend showed me a graphic that said, "When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, 'Plot twist!' and move on." It has been my desktop background ever since, and I have no intention of removing it any time soon. I take a strange comfort in it, whenever anything sad or upsetting happens.

This is quite the BACC plot twist! Especially since they were so darned successful, already. It just goes to show that nothing in sim-life is certain.

Also, I'm proud of you for saving. That took real guts.

Umm I may or may not found a graphic with the quote of Plot Twist on google and turned it into my background.....
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”