Premades!

Olive Specter

Premades!

Post by Olive Specter »

I'm wondering if anyone else really likes playing with premade families. I used to think it was boring, but nowadays it's one of the things I like best because in a way, it's a challenge to take sims you didn't create and decide what to do with their lives. I figured I'd create a thread where people who also love premades can talk about it. :drinks:

I've been working on a town where all the families are premades. I'm really excited to see how they'll develop over several generations, I can't wait.

What are some of the premades you like best? What are things you enjoy doing with them? Do you usually play the "default" stories for them (if two sims are in a relationship or it's implied in their bios that they could be, do you make them get together?) or do you make up something of your own? Do you make their lives a mess or do you fix their problems?
:woot:
Jamesie

Re: Premades!

Post by Jamesie »

I just decided to just play around with premades after getting Sims 2 again from Origin and so far I am enjoying playing with premades, it's like I am creating an alternate universe. Also I am posting my progress now. If you want to see

I really like the dynamics with the Pleasant family, it's soo dysfunctional and I like trying to redeem Lilith by making her outshine her sister at the end.

Good luck with your town as well. :bounce:

Proud Narutard, Pokenerd and overall an Anime and Manga fan.

[Sims 3 simself] [Tumblr]

Sig by Thai
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

Jamesie wrote:I just decided to just play around with premades after getting Sims 2 again from Origin and so far I am enjoying playing with premades, it's like I am creating an alternate universe. Also I am posting my progress now. If you want to see

I really like the dynamics with the Pleasant family, it's soo dysfunctional and I like trying to redeem Lilith by making her outshine her sister at the end.

Good luck with your town as well. :bounce:
I'm definitely going to check it out, thanks! I've always had a soft spot for Pleasantview so it's great that you're playing with the premades in there.

I really love the Pleasants too. I'm debating on whether I should add them to my new town (with some background story like them moving to a more idyllic place in the hopes of fixing their marriage) or if I should save it for when I play in Pleasantview eventually. Probably the latter since I don't know what I'd do with them now! Lillith is my favourite too, I always feel torn between feeling bad for her and liking the idea of messing up my Sims lives. :diablo:
:woot:
Jamesie

Post by Jamesie »

I agree with you with Pleasantview, my closest after Pleasantview is Strangetown cause I always loved the Alien storyline.

That family is soo complex, I just feel they are as iconic as the Goths in a sense.

Proud Narutard, Pokenerd and overall an Anime and Manga fan.

[Sims 3 simself] [Tumblr]

Sig by Thai
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Honestly, I've never played with pre-mades before. But lately, I've been reading some Uberhood stories and is itching to try a hand at it. Of course, I'm have to set up the hood, the houses, and the pre-made's makeover first. Don't know why I want to give myself a migrain going at it that way, but I guess I just like to torture myself. :goodvibes:

But if I were to start now, i would be very interested in playing Bella Goth and Don Lothario because I heard so much about those two.
ImageImage
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Not to play devil's advocate, but I don't really like the Pleasants. They've always seemed kind of dull to me--them and the Brokes. Just seems like nothing I do can make them interesting. On the other hand, I really enjoy playing the Goths, Calientes, Mr. Lothario, (I guess I like their storyline!) and occasionally the Burbs. (not sure why)

I've been playing Pleasantview occasionally on my off-legacy simming time, playing with each sim getting (or attempting to get) five wishes fulfilled every day. In this playthrough, Don ended up getting married to Dina (one of her wishes) and he's been remarkably faithful (not wishing a lot for other women *gasp*). Angela and Lilith's lives have almost exactly paralleled each other, getting married at the same time and having the same number of kids at the same times. And John Burb died by starvation in the very first round (oops), making Jennifer and Lucy actually very interesting to play. Especially when Lucy grew up and immediately started wishing for Don (by then an elder). ._.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I've been playing Strangetown since I downloaded TS2 again! Everything is on my Simblr and I love them all so much! The Smiths were the first family I ever played! :couple:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I've been playing wishes in Pleasantview--fulfilling (or trying to fulfill, more often than not) five wishes a day for every sim in the household. My sims get to pick when and how many kids they have with who (courtesy of Risky), when and who and if to get married, when and what and if career they get into, all that. It's been incredibly fun--I've never had more fun playing premades before. And I would never have guessed that Lucy Burb and Don Lothario would be interested in each other. -_-
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

I used to use Pleasantview all the time before my computer went kaput. When I got UC on my new comp I decided to work with Belladona Cove in AL. I'm really liking the family with Benjamin, Isabel, Marcus, and Sophia (of course I forget their last name at this critical time). Anyway I got into them because my sim fell for Carlos Contender. When I looked into his house I found out that Isabel was his niece. This is the first time I got into premades. I also find it helpful to experiment on things with them so I can see if things with my created sims will work out.

Edit: I remembered. Belladona Cove: The Baldwin family (Isabel, Benjamin, and their two kids Sofia and Marcus). Carlos Contender. Geoff Rutherford. Connor Weir. The Patel family.
Avery

Post by Avery »

I loved playing premades, I played a lot in Pleasantview mostly. I really liked all the storylines there.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

I want to say my favorite family was the curious' in strangetown, because thats where I always headed first but I always ended up in Circes lot. Lol I forgot her last name. It must be going around. She and her husband aren't even that cute so I'm not sure why I gravitate to them. :I
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I like getting the alien babies with the Curious brothers, but my favorite is playing the Travellers. I just ADORE Tina Traveller.

One of these days, I'm going to break the "Founder must be made in CAS" rule, and just make her my legacy or challenge founder, because she is AWESOME!

Cyd Roseland, on the other hand, just annoys me, for some reason. I can't put my finger on it, but if I play him, at all, he inevitably ends up as ghost-fodder in some way or another.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Michelle, if you download one of the Premades data over maxis taste (http://maxis-taste.livejournal.com/tag/downloads!hoods), you don't break the CAS-Rules.
And I'm pretty sure those are meant to guarantee that your Founder is a clean slate (without memories, skills and relationships)
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Cool! I bookmarked it. Thanks!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

You could probably even make Tinas Parents afterwards and Simpe-edit their family ties as long as you meet and make friends with them the "correct" way (chatting them up as they walk by etc, so that it's real work)
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”