Who gets to teach a toddler their skills?

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Who gets to teach a toddler their skills?

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

So, I have a family where the oldest child was born out of wedlock before their father moved into the household. Now that she's grown up into a toddler, teaching her skills is not available for her father, though it's available for her mother, her uncle, and her uncle's wife who did live on the lot when she was born, but wasn't related to her in any way then.

I checked that her father is indeed set as her father, and he can give her the family kiss just fine. He has a more than 20 point daily relationship with her. He just can't teach her anything... does anyone know of some way I can fix this? Do I have to re-set his relationship to her in SimPE? Or is there a separate relatedness check for the family kiss than there is for skill teaching? (Since I've been told that you can set a sim temporarily as a cousin in order for someone like a live-in nanny to teach toddler skills, I'm wondering how this even happened...)
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Re: Who gets to teach a toddler their skills?

Post by Mauricette »

They have to be at least friends with the toddler. 50/100. It applies to non-family as well.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Mauricette wrote:They have to be at least friends with the toddler. 50/100. It applies to non-family as well.
That's interesting, actually - the dad didn't get as much of a relationship boost with the kid when she was born because he was off the lot, but a little experimentation showed that he had to be selectable / considered a member of the household when a family flag was added, so I think that was the problem.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

From my experience, the toddler and teacher don't even have to be related, but the friendship flag may have to be applied. And of course being in the same household.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”