OK, I have never figured this out. Will someone please...

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

OK, I have never figured this out. Will someone please...

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Tell me how to find out how old a sim was when he died?

I mean, sure you can check their age every day, but what happens if they take you by surprise? Do all you legacy writers (the ones who tell us how old someone was at their death) actually check the stats every day? I mean, some of you can actually tell all kinds of stats, along with age, even if they're not in the family panel to select, anymore, and I can't figure it out. I'm envious of your simming superpowers. :yuck: (the smiley that was as close as I could find to "green with envy.")
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: OK, I have never figured this out. Will someone please.

Post by Thaitanic »

Whenever I've managed it I've always like paused the game to check the age before the elder passes? but its all luck honestly :lol:]
call me Thai!
they/them
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

Yeah, I've just managed to pay attention and keep checking their stats. I've had many pass without me having the foggiest idea. :)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

This mostly applies to TS3 (it's a while since my TS2 days so I'm a bit foggy on the intricacies of aging and death) but I just make a point of checking their panel every day once their life bar maxes out. I used to record everything (age, skills, relationships, etc.) in a notebook, but these days, with the beauty of MasterController, I can get all kinds of stat lists just by clicking on a sim. I also launch through Steam, which lets me take screencaps of those stats that autosave to a folder on my PC. This is sounding so much like an advertisement haha, but really it's just been a slow process of refining my methods over time. :P In the end I'm not sure it's entirely worth it... the only stat I really care about is the age they died at, and even if they catch me by surprise I can usually count back through the screenshots, purely because I take about 3,000 pictures per minute. :lol:
Image Image Image
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Maybe making the ghost selectable would show the amount of days they died at?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hmm, making the ghost selectable sounds worth at try.

As for just checking every day, it's not worth it to me. It's nice to know how old they are, but not enough for me to be that diligent.

I have trouble remembering it's time for someone's birthday.

Thanks for all the feedback, though!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

I also just checked regularly how far the aging bar of the Sim in the control panel was - once it was almost full, more often - a quick scoot showed me the age, and when the Grim Reaper showed up, a final scoot...

Aside from that, Sims 2 elders age is determined this way:

When Sims become elders, they are considered to be 54 days old, regardless of the number of days they have actually lived.

They are then provisionally given 10 days as an elder, but two numbers will affect this:

1.) First, a random number number of days from 1 to 10 will be added on, there is no way to influence this number.

2.) Secondly, aspiration comes into account; days are added as follows: Platinum = +10, Gold = +7, Green = +3, Upper Red = 0, Lower Red = -2.

So actually the maximum days of age for a Sim would be 84!

Of course, this does not include days added by drinking the Elixir of Life (+3 till - 3 days) or the milk from the Cowplant(+5 days), or using the Give Me A Long Life wish from the genie (+4 days till - 3 hours) - and neither it does include time being spent in college or being a vampire... and zombies can't die of old age anymore anyways...

Finally, the number of days an elder Sim has left can be viewed in SimPE, but after their death the number becomes some sort of '6000s days left' gibberish....
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

This is good to know, because I have an aging mod so I was just gonna count rotations. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, I am still impressed with those simmers who say "So and so lived X number of days," because no way am I going to bother with all that stuff. It's like all the staging and posing. I MAY do a LITTLE bit of staging and posing, but some simmers go all out, and I'm very impressed!

I am a merely mediocre simmer, but that's OK, because Im not in competition with anyone. I just like to have fun. And torment sims. I'm really quite nice in real life. Honest!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”