Things I learned while rebuilding Neighborhoods

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Things I learned while rebuilding Neighborhoods

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Hi all! I thought I'd make a quick list of some things I've learned while rebuilding Riverblossom Hills. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

1) Save Often, Quit Early. I actually learned this from the last rebuild I did - don't just keep on playing when you have a VBT, like missing households or unclassifiable sim data. Exit out of that sucker and start extracting your sims via simPE. Related to that, extract and package your favorite sims somewhat regularly, and keep more than one hood backup.

2) Praise Boolprop for Paper Notebooks. I wish I'd been using my notebook more often, actually, because even though I have my sims' zodiac, aspiration, LTW, and One True Hobby written down, I really should have still had the data for everyone's ACR setup, interests, and skill and badge accumulation.

3) Clean Neighborhoods Rock. Even though I'm reconstructing the RBH families' relationships by hand, I've already noticed that the hood runs smoother and faster with a minimal number of townie and NPC character files.

4) Fixing Character Ages and Relationships by Hand Sucks
- If you age a character down and back up with the sim blender, send them to a mirror for their makeover or they'll show up flashing blue later.
- Every aunt, uncle and cousin has to be set independently for every sim, yet setting a sim as the child of one sim out of a married couple will assign the sim's partner as their other parent.
- Sims can theoretically be set to have more than two parents, which is useful when you're making a child of divorced and remarried, or born out of wedlock sims.
- Sims that never lived on the same lot which are set to be siblings of an adult sim will not show up in the family tree.
- There's no point in setting sims as friends unless you also set them as having the minimum relationship level required for it.
- If you let your sims socialize on a blank lot for a while, giving them ACR tokens and setting romantic relationships before they've socialized stomps on their likelihood of socializing with anyone else.

5) Thank Plumbbob for the Batbox About 50% of generation one was in college when Riverblossom Hills 2.0 exploded. They're all getting the appropriate degrees via the batbox, which I don't consider cheating since, as I have been saying for this entire thread, I'm rebuilding everything from scratch.

I'm sure I'll learn more as the rebuild progresses. Any advice, tips, tricks, or rebuild stories are welcome here. :drinks:

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”