Best fix for business glitch - owners can't leave

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Best fix for business glitch - owners can't leave

Post by MichelleCYoung »

What is the best way to fix the glitch where your business owners can't leave their business lot? It's happened to me a couple of times.

One time, I wound up killing them off and having a neighbor raise them into his own family.

Another time, they were the only playable in the neighborhood, and I basically just said, "Screw it" and started the neighborhood over.

A time after that, I just killed them, there at the business, and left their tombstone, started a new family, and avoided the lot, entirely.

Is there anything I can do, if it happens again? Sometimes, you just can't get help from the neighbors, but this can really break a whole legacy/challenge!

Yes, I've boolpropped and forced an error, but that didn't seem to help. Every time I try to get them to leave, they just keep getting stuck, whistling and waving.

Is there a mod to fix this? It's beginning to frighten me. It's OK to visit un-owned lots, or lots owned by other players, but I'm rather afraid to play any sims that own their own businesses, now. Which is kind of screwing up my challenges.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Best fix for business glitch - owners can't leave

Post by Heather »

Have you tried using the sim blender to teleport them to another lot? Or simply exiting the game without saving?

I can't say I've ever experienced this glitch myself; the closest thing that's happened was I accidentally deleted my sim and went into live mode, but that just crashed my game without saving the lot.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”