Can I just say, Bon Voyage and NightLife change my simworld?

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Can I just say, Bon Voyage and NightLife change my simworld?

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Seriously, heading downtown and digging for treasure has made my sims SO RICH, SO MANY times.

I don't know what I'd do without it. Whenever I have struggling sims, that's where they go and what they do.

Well, I guess I don know what I'd do without it, because of all my apocalypses, but yeah, if it's an option, they totally do it as much as possible.

Mind you, I think it's fair, because they are definitely putting in the work and the hours, and have to take care of their moods. Still, if your story is these sims started out on a blank lot, with nothing in their pockets, now what, and at the end of the day, they have a four room house, fully but cheaply furnished, I have to wonder at it all.

My sister says my sims games are boring, because there isn't enough carnage and suffering. But darn it, if my sims do not HAVE to be dirt-poor, I just can't make them stay that way. I don't mind watching sims drown, burn, starve, feed the cow plant or get hit in the head with an axe, and I certainly love apocalypse restrictions, but letting them suffer true homelessness is just something I cannot do. It's like crushing on a married man. My brain simply won't allow it, for some reason. Mental blocks are weird.

I wish it was so easy to wipe out homelessness and poverty in the real world. "Homeless and broke? No problem! Just go to the public park and dig for treasure! Don't worry. The police won't stop you, and you can totally carry it all around in your back pocket. No need to drag it to a pawn shop, either. You can just sell it into thin air." Yeah, I wish.

Do any of you play with BV and NL, and yet manage to avoid using them to get stinking rich, really quickly? How do you discipline yourselves to keep your sims so poor?

You know, in the original game, and University, I rarely sent my sims off the lot. Every now and again to buy groceries, maybe, but usually, I just ordered it in, and I'd send my college sims to the library long enough to meet some Secret Society sims, and then, if they got into the Secret Society, they tended to either go home quickly, or else spend the rest of their time right there. You know, you can add a bedroom, if you want.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Re: Can I just say, Bon Voyage and NightLife change my simwo

Post by Simsimity »

I like playing with stinking rich families, but my poor ones stay poor thanks to things like taxes. I'm not a big community lot player either, but I'm starting to incorporate more of that into my playing style, which can help keep poor sims poor too!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

How long does it approximately take to actually find a treasure chest? I sure haven't got one yet (if I remember correctly).

I use money cheats for anything that isn't a challenge, but usually it's just so they can get nice houses.

Personally I think having a stinkingly rich sim can be boring after a while, as can perma-plat sims; I want some day-to-day goals for my sims (or just some other type of micro-managing than taking care of needs). That's not to say that I like all my sims to live like the Rautas <.<

NL does play a large impact in my sims world though, thanks to the date feature. If my already established sims need to mood/platinum up, I just send them on a date! And thanks to AL, dating on community lots comes with networking advantages thanks to the social rep going up. "Blatant PDA? Here, have a free TV!" :mrgreen:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Radiochocolate, iirc the chances for any treasure item are random (1/whatever) every time you enter the dig command.

Generally I have sims that have to dig less than 100 times before they hit the jackpot, though I haven't been keeping strict count anywhere.

The intersection of BV, OFB, AL and Nightlife is truly sweet. One can get all benefits by camping on an owned lot and save your game while you do it!
SaraStrange22

Post by SaraStrange22 »

Nightlife is a must for me because I like my sims being able to drive! Seasons is a must for me too cause it added so many new activities and having an actual change of weather makes it more realistic, I think Seasons is my favorite EP out of all of them.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”