It's been a year since I've even looked at sims.

muleofthefoxxes

It's been a year since I've even looked at sims.

Post by muleofthefoxxes »

So last July in this order, my one year old flipped the computer off the desk breaking it quite thoroughly, a friend moved away, one cat ran away and then the other cat died, I accidentally gave the computer viruses while installing a downloader so I could install patches, and my sims game wouldn't recognize the new graphics card. Also my birthday happened in the middle of that. So I kinda gave up for about a year.

Well this week I finally decided to make the game behave found a tutorial showing me how to fix my graphics card, downloaded the necessary hacks and then some. But wellll... It's been a while and I was wondering if anyone can share any easy to forget game tips?
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: It's been a year since I've even looked at sims.

Post by Little White Comet »

Don't forget to pay your Sims bills.
Even though you do get a warning it is very easy to let the bills slip your mind once more and the Repoman will come for you.
It's not so bad when your playing Sims with money but if your starting fresh it's something that will really make things difficult for you.

Also if you get a Sim pregnant then watch her needs. They will drop really fast, especially if she's pregnant with twins or more.
muleofthefoxxes

Yeah bills are easy to forget.

Luckily for my pregnant sims though! I still well remember the days when my still too young to really be playing sims yet sister needed me to come save her newest pregnant sim just about daily.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

Birthdays are a pain to remember as well. Especially if you're planning to do a party for them and then they grow up at 6 before going to the cake.
muleofthefoxxes

I'm not normally big on parties, I'll keep it in mind for those parties I do through though!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Don't EVER delete a gravestone or urn (or bulldoze a lot with gravestones on it, or have someone die with another sim's urn in their inventory etc.), let Samantha Ottomas' give birth to the unborn twins she's shipped with, move an occupied lot to the lot bin or delete sims from the Family bin. If you really want to attempt the first two, then get the appropriate hacks/fixes. More info can be found here.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
muleofthefoxxes

I still remember the horrible things that happened in my only real attempt to play Riverblossom after those twins were born....

Thanks for the other tips and the link!
Strawberry

Post by Strawberry »

Radiochocolate wrote:Don't EVER delete a gravestone or urn (or bulldoze a lot with gravestones on it, or have someone die with another sim's urn in their inventory etc.), let Samantha Ottomas' give birth to the unborn twins she's shipped with, move an occupied lot to the lot bin or delete sims from the Family bin. If you really want to attempt the first two, then get the appropriate hacks/fixes. More info can be found here.
Oh no! What happens if she has the babies?!
Author of Bella Noir.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Without the Seasons patch, the babies don't have complete character data and might end up with a random sim or even a pet as their "father" in the family tree. It might sound like fun at first, but it could cause unwanted changes to the hood in the long run.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Yeah, I always sim blendered Samantha Ottomas' pregnancy into oblivion, sim blendered her a new one, forced twins / got twins with cheescake, and let life proceed as normal.

Things to remember:

1) If you have seasons and forget to put up lightning rods you can potentially kill a sim / render your lot unplayable due to the number of lightning fires going on.

2) Pets have to be praised for eating food from their bowls or they never learn to do that. Pet bowls also can't be put up against anything and be accessed reliably. Also, most CC doors can't be used by pets.

3) Get a hack that lets you change the weather for free and banish thunderstorms from all owned community lots, or you will neverreach level 10 because a fire can rocket you down two whole ranks.

4) If you have any sim that's going to be pregnant and you have free time, make sure ALL of their lifetime points are in needs reduction.

5) The seasons sparkly food will make your sims fat if you actually eat a whole plate of it. Jump Rope is not any good at changing their fitness level back.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

lol! Great tips, Scribal! #5 is especially the best!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”