What's going on in your Apocalypse?

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Final generation, Ani-Mei? Ooh, the stuff is about to hit the rotational cooling device, I'm sure.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I'm still working on my Badass Alphabetocalypse. However, I was talking with my sister, and trying to convince her to join Boolprop, and she said that she doesn't really care for the style of apocalypse story where the sims are all PREPARED, and have their problems solved, and don't truly suffer. I told her that IF she joins Boolprop, I will play a story just for her. If she writes her own version of the apocalypse rules, to see what she wants, then I will play-test those rules for her, and post it up here, failures and all, restarts and trauma and death and everything, so she can really enjoy all the suffering. In return, she has to 1) write the rules by which I will play that challenge, and 2) write up her own "Lab Rat" challenge.

I said even if she only includes one picture per posting, I'd read and enjoy it, because she has a very engaging writing style (but she almost always forgets to take pictures when who's playing the Sims). Her Lab Rat Challenge is very similar to an ISBI, and it sounds like a lot of fun. She's given me samples of the writing style for it, although she'll have to start fresh.

So, she's tired and going to bed now, but hopefully, she'll join us in the morning.

And on that note, I have to finish my Badass apocalypse as soon as possible, so I'll be free to do the other stories on my plate. WHEW! Welp, off to play!

So, I've lifted Law Enforcement, and have only three more official lifts, plus Alien Tech left to go.

Thread
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I always have the hardest time waiting for my teens to age up... and then on top of that I make them have more kids. I could just slap myself.

I did have the hardest time with Dustin Broke in the Alternate world where he didn't go to Uni... he started the Extreme, Adult Start. OMGoodess, I didn't think they'd make it. I really wanted to kill his wife. XD
Funny thing, both Dustin versions married the same Sim, Marisa Bendette. XD
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hah! I guess that chemistry was undeniable.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I finished my Badass Alphabetocalypse today, when Deborah at last lifted Science!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Woot~ Congrats, MichelleCYoung! :#1:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you, Rflong!

So, now what's going on in my apocalypse? Well, I started a new one, and my brand new founder is just beginning his college career.

Prologue
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

I've got Dustin Broke in two different Apocalypse- one with Uni and one without. Guess which one is doing better? XD

It's pretty fun and I like one family more than the other- don't tell them though.
I've got about 8 more lifts on one and about 20 on the other. Wow- how things can go fast with just a few breaks.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The thing I like best about university in an apocalypse is that if you choose your major right, and max your grades, you can use a computer to get your job, and actually start at level 9, so although you spend the time at Uni, you don't have much risk of losing the lift to the Slacker restrictions, because you only have ONE promotion to get before you make your lift. Plus, there's the chance to change your aspiration, which can be really helpful, too.

Uni is also a great opportunity to boost the home family's friend count for careers. I know a lot of people hate it, but there's no denying, it has definite advantages.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Yeah but ...Can only get that level 9 job if Science and Gamer are lifted...and if not Gamer then on Tuesdays between noon and midnight with the computer. Without Uni but with Science the jobs are at level 6 which is about a week of work time. With the Paper, the jobs are at level 6 for Uni grads so it evens out.-imo
Plus, with Level 9 jobs, it's usually only 3 days of work and I always seem to catch them when they don't work and they sit there for a week. XD

It takes 2-3 lifts to get to Uni- Education, Military and if you can't wait til Tuesday to use the phones- Gamer.

Friends are never a problem for me with all the walkbys- although early on, keeping them can be.
Sometimes, it's just fun to go a different route and lift Showbiz first- which is now one I'm going to do. Education can wait until 2nd generation. XD

I waited this time until nearly the last to get Uni degrees (besides the founder). With a Uni Grad in the house there are less job options for non Uni Sims- usually. That's one reason I don't want a Uni grad for an heir. To me, half the challenge is waiting for jobs to show up- so annoying. :begging:

IMO- Music can be very important. It opens the skies to give Sims time to Watch for UFOs if their interest is high enough in Science- can't Summon UFOs. :(
Plus it has the bonus of Suppressing the Artist Restriction. Yay for Painting! :upsidedown:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I'm currently playing my Apocalypse again for the first time in a few months, and I'm loving it! There are now four Gen 5 kids (a teen, a child and two toddlers (cheesecake twins)), and I can't wait to start lifting some more restrictions with them. I at least want to lift Music with generation 5, and Show Business as well. Politics is high on my list too, and for the fourth lift I'm doubting between Architecture, Natural Science and Artist. The spouse will be lifting Slacker. :) Things are going well for the McHeroes! :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

That sounds great, Anne!

BIG congratulations on finishing yours, Michelle! :woot:
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Whoops, totally missed that! Congrats, Michelle, that's so cool! :applause: :hug:

I sort of have this goal in mind to finish mine this summer (when I don't have uni to worry about)... I hope I'll be able to do it!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you!

The next one will not be finished for years, but I'll have fun playing it. I'm in the preparatory college phase now. Not my favorite part, but very important to play thoroughly, and make it count. I really missed that, doing an adult start. Wow, adult start is hard.

My new guy spends more time downtown on his cell phone than anyone has a right to, but a wide range of best friends is vital to my strategy. I do have the comm-skilling mod, now, that allows activities that build skills to build skills no matter where the activities are performed, because it just makes sense, realistically. Still, most of the skills are earned at the home lot (or the vacation-home lot. I LOVE Takemizu Village in the fall! Super skill boost!) Downtown is for socialization and catching lots and lots of fish to sell. And busking. And digging for treasure. And generally making the fortune that he'll need to buy that vacation house, and eventually the safe house. Any skills earned downtown are simply a by-product of that, such as learning to cook from grilling oodles of hotdogs, or gaining a mechanical point from repairing broken sinks, or learning creativity skill from busking, or logic from playing chess with someone I hope to befriend. Vacations are for determined skilling, talent badges, gardening, and earning those lovely lifetime happiness points. He's going to get that big boost from collecting all the vacation mementos if it's the last thing I do before graduation. I only have five more mementos to get.

I do like that at college there are all those college lots where, even without the commskilling mod, a sim can get all the skills he needs, as well as food and showers (Yaaay, gym! Yaaay, cafeteria worker!), and all he needs at home is a tent or energizer to get by.

He got a genie lamp, and I'm debating whether or not to use the wishes now, or carry it with him, in the hopes of an early Paranormal lift. But then again, it's highly possible that he'll get another lamp on his new lot quickly enough (before or shortly after a paranormal lift), so I'll probably use up the wishes before graduation.

Oh, and
Spoiler:
my simself surprised me with her stalker tendencies, so I have embraced that and written it into the developing story.
I've made sure he meets as many sims as possible and finds out their jobs, and written it all down, and lo and behold, I think my game is borked. You see, every last one of the Socialites is in business, and every last one of the Techies, Bohemians, and Gearheads are low Culinary. As for the Jocks, all but one is low Culinary. One is level 1 Oceanography! This is not what my Prima guide said it ought to be.

Still, it is what it is, and I'm carrying on. The Townies and Downtownies seem to have a decent career spread, so far.

Anne, I look forward to seeing more of your apocalypse. It's one that inspired me to play an apocalypse, in the first place!

Rflong - yeah, those lifts are important. I always want an early Gamer lift. I can't tell you how many times I had to re-load, because my founder got to be too old when he lifted his restriction, and couldn't call the spouse-to-be before aging up. I didn't show all the reloads, but believe me, they were there. The first lift, especially with adult start, is so hard, and the phone calls only once a week. Just ONCE, I'd like to have a founder who falls for a stalker. Then, the stalker would just come over whenever they wanted, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting the final promotion on the Wednesday after the last Tuesday before aging to elder.

On my old computer, I had a game going pretty well (but undocumented here, because I was just using story-mode in-game), and the founder lifted Gaming, and his spouse lifted Journalism. Those two worked really well for starters. I was surprised how useful Journalism was, especially with a senile founder, who kept wanting to read the darned newspaper and do the crossword. Once Journalism allowed it, I didn't have to micro-manage around a senile founder nearly as much. "Oh, he's reading the paper? Great! He'll be there for hours, and I don't have to worry about him getting a snack."

Now, I'm hoping for a very early Intelligence lift, which will allow the founder to invite his college friends to move in.

Showbusiness for first lift, and the founder inviting in his own friend for his heiress to marry - two things I learned from Romancing the Apocalypse. Showbusiness was surprisingly useful!

And Music! Such a handy lift! I supposes that if Music is the first lift, a male founder wouldn't even need to get married. Just have alien babies to carry on the family.

That's what I love about this challenge: There are just so many different ways to play it!

Wow, this post is practically a novel. I should get back to my game.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

Well I've decided to pick up my apocalypse after a two month break. Two boys went to college, one just got expelled and grew up into little bald man! Good thing he wasn't the heir haha! I'm having fun again, I stopped playing because I was panicking too much about everything and failing but I'm just having fun now. If I make a mistake I rectify it and issue a punishment so I need to stop panicking!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Yay! More Apocalypse players returning. I really need to catch up on all the Story Reading. :thup:

I've been bouncing between three... Why is it so fun to start but so hard to keep going? I don't know. I just love starting them off without anything just to see if they can make the harder restrictions but once the kids come, it slows down so much. Maybe too much for me.

Happy Apocalypse-ing! :pan:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Oh My Goodness- I'm 4 lifts away from finishing and I've quit to start a new one. :mutter: :banghead:

Someone slap me upside the head... Something is so wrong with me! :dizzy: :rotfl:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Rflong - I can totally relate. That last home stretch can really be a pain. After all, you've already proven that you can make that family survive and thrive, and now it's just checking off the least important boxes, right? It's tough to keep going, when you don't feel the urgent need.

Maybe, though, when your new one gets to be annoyingly tough, you can take a break from it, to do your nearly-finished one. I find that switching between projects can be helpful.

And I finally got my new founder through college, so I can get started on the real meat and potatoes (yuummmmm - potatoes!) of the apocalypse! Ragnar Rock has graduated!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Oh, Wonderful- MichelleCYoung :highfive:
Now the real fun begins. And you're doing it Epic- with each lift as a Start? Cool. :popeye:

Well, I did buckle down and it's finished. I'm just going through the pictures and will upload them. Nothing fancy because I'm not a writer so there's no plot. I hope it's less than 14 chapters. I take waaaay too many pictures. I don't know why I take them most of the time. :lemonade: :haha:

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”