What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Radiochocolate »

I hate my creation. Peasants in an apocalyptic world is :banghead:

Lesson of the day: do not have children before lifting at least one restriction.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 2 of my Alphabetepic apocalypse is posted.

Generation 2 (with founder as generation 1) is all grown up, and Generation 3 is born.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

It's allowed to grow children up early, right? The self-interaction, I mean.

If it is then I plead guilty.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The self interaction is allowed. You're just not allowed to use cake, until Culinary is lifted.

I think the self-interaction is vital, because sometimes you just need to do it RIGHT THEN, to avoid total aspiration failure. I use it all the time.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I used it to avoid getting children stolen again. Though now I'm not sure of what to do with the teens.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Skill the teens up, and keep them cleaning, cooking, and fixing stuff, I guess. Or making friends with all the walk-bys.

Speaking of kids, my first child of generation 3 (with Ragnar counting as generation 1), has just grown into an adult! Yaaay! The chapter is written, and uploading, as I type.

And Chapter 3 is posted!
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I decided to start a new apocalypse family. I went to my neighborhoods screen and I had one titled Ground Zero. I had a family already there with two kids called the Spectrum family. The neighborhood is dirt with seasons set to all winter, the house looks apocalypse style but I don't remember this family! The last apocalypse family I remember was the Storms which got to generation six before the kids ended up in university and I didn't want to play university so I ignored them. I sort of remember a family where I was naming kids after colors, but didn't remember it being an apoc family.

Ah well, going to try an adult start as soon as I figure out a theme.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, since it's an apocalypse, why not have disasters as your theme? You could name them after volcanoes, famous hurricanes and tsunamis, and the like. Name them after cities that had famous disasters, like fires that burned down half the city, or that were wiped out by an epidemic or an earthquake. Then again, there are wars and famous battles. Troy and Carthage were pretty much wiped off the map, when they were conquered.

The list of possible names goes on and on. And actually, that could be rather inspiring, if you stick to names of cities that were hit hard, and nearly destroyed, but managed to revive and thrive, despite it all. London, San Francisco, Chicago are just a few examples off the top of my head.

Or, just don't worry about a theme, name your family anything you want, and just enjoy the game. I gave up on my "Rock" theme really early, even though I had a long list of names ready to go.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I don't have a theme for the McHeroes either, and having tons of fun anyway! I planned on finishing the challenge this summer, but as of late I've had quite some trouble with my hands (RSI, probably), so I'm not able to play much if anything at all, which makes me sad. :( Going to the doctor on Monday though, so let's see what he has to say about it.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

So sorry to hear that, Anne, and I hope your doctor is able to help you find relief soon! :hug:
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, Anne, I sure do hope your doctor can help! HUGS!
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Well, so Henry got into the Adventurer career, which I was happy about because it's one of my favorite first lifts. After almost two weeks, he got fired :(. He got a job in Gamer, but has gotten nowhere (not entirely true, he got one promotion... and promptly demoted). Luckily, however, he's gay, so as of the next Tuesday, one boyfriend (he has three) will be invited over and we'll try to get a kid to lift Hopelessness. I'm using the apocaborg life of crime restrictions, so I should have enough money to make it through until adulthood, especially if Henry spends the rest of his adulthood writing.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Jendra, I found those Seasons careers chance cards are the pits! :banghead:

I'm anxious to hear if the alternate strategy works for you and Henry.
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks you guys! :hug:

Wow, Jendra, that's a tough start... Good strategy with the kid, though, I hope it works out!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Jendra - COOL! See, I would have just started over at that point, but that's an awesome strategy! And really shows some stick-to-it-ive-ness-tude. YEAH!

So, are you posting it? I want to read about it!

Ooooh, now I'm just so tempted to do a new apocalypse with a founder who doesn't even TRY to lift hopelessness, herself, but just goes for a big family to start off.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Failed :( . He had twins and turned to an elder the same night they turned into toddlers. I've seen elders refuse to change diapers before, but I've never seen them refuse to feed the toddlers. I couldn't watch them starve anymore :( . There's no way they would have made it into childhood, they'd only been toddlers for a day at that point.

While he was pregnant, he had the worst case of food poisoning I ever saw. He'd throw up four or five times in a row, and every time he got up, he'd have to run off and throw up again. It never got dangerous, so I thought it would be okay.

I'm going to try from my last save, which was a couple of days before he got pregnant, see if someone walks by that can be a parent a couple of days earlier. Otherwise, I'll have to go for a total restart.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I haven't played mine in a while, at this point I'm scared to open the save just in case there is utter chaos.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

There is a high chance I will be playing more of my apocalypse than the other challenges this month.
Which might seem a little odd or ironic or whatever since it's one of the toughest challenges and I've just started school again. Then again I tend to play it a little bit at a time since it's so frustrating, so it might go well with my limited spare time. Plus I don't have to try so hard to be funny :P

I'm about to start rotation 3, it should be more interesting now that the taxes are suspended.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So I restarted. I opened my first one thinking it would give me a couple of extra days, turned out it would have given me one, not worth it, so I started with basically the same character, except I made him popularity instead of knowledge this time. On Friday, the last day before a three day break that would have made him an elder, he topped military. He was gay, but Michelle was the first of his friends to walk by, so oh well, I guess he's prison het <grin>. (Actually, ACR rolled him as het this time, but I preferred the chances if he was gay, so I switched him, I'm just putting it back the way it should be.)

Michelle is in Culinary, Level 4, with low skills and is a fortune sim. I shouldn't have rushed to get her that third logic skill for the promotion though, she would have two days off in a row in a couple of days if she doesn't get promoted. I'll have to see what I can do to keep her miserable until then, hmm? ^_^

Big problem is I didn't get as invested this time with Henry because I didn't want the disappointment if he didn't make it, so I didn't take near as many pictures, don't know if it's even worth trying to put up a story. I kind of wanted to at first, now I'm not sure. Trying to keep up with writing is one reason several challenges have gone by the wayside.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Jendra, it's OK to go heavy on the text and light on the pictures.

Was this Michelle my simself, or is that just me being egotistical and paranoid? :cheeky:

Also, "prison het" in order to get the needed heir, while he really wants to get it on with his boyfriends could make for some excellent drama fodder.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”