What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Re: What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Lorinsv wrote:I'm not sure about a ghost color challenge other than what's in the Bonus section of the Legacy rules:
1 point for each different color ghost you have on the lot at the end.
Also:
*NEW* 2 points if you manage to collect ALL the different types of ghosts on the lot (see post below)
And under the Advanced Legacy rules (the "see post below" mentioned above?):
Category: Ghosts
You get half a point for each different ghost color on the lot. If you collect all the ghost colors, give yourself 10 points for this category.
The ghost types are:
Old age
Fire
Fright
Drowning
Electricution
Cow Plant*
Scissors (download it here)
Elevators*
Satelite
Illness
Flies
Starvation
Rally Forth*
Sunlight*

*if you do not have the EP that allows this death, you do not need this death to complete the collection.
There's also the Free Roaming Ghosts handicap that gives you 2 bonus points, but you'd probably end up with more ghosts on the lot than you'd need to get the collection points, unless you're following the Advanced rules which give you half the points for each color.
Thanks! That's the one I was looking for. (Hmmm... well, if I'm going to collect for the Riverblossom Hills graveyard, I do have one person slated to die of "illness" in-story anyway... and I feel vindictive enough after editing this chapter to have Leod frightened to death, so that's two checked off the list...) :diablo:
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

76/113 slides of chapter 2 done, Founding couple is dead, and Founder has scared each of her grandchildren (that live in the main house) at least once. I may consider creating a mausoleum for them to make it a bit easier. Also second generation has started getting old now.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Anariel Elvensong has finally gone to college! Now to play the required "party day" I have at the end of every semsester so that she can move into the greek house with her siblings and all their friends...when she and Lydia arrive, that house will be at capacity. :celebration:
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

My generation 3 Heir Phoenix Sparrow has now given birth to 8 children. Two sets of triplets from different fathers, a single birth and also a surprise abduction birth. To top it off his husband has now also been abducted by aliens and is expecting twins.
I've actually already decided on who is going to take over for generation 4 and I'm looking forward to playing them next.

Update - 01/11/2015: Things have been eventful in the Sparrow household lately. Phoenix' alien child and his husbands alien twins have been taken by the Social Worker because Autumn, Phoenix's child, overheated while sleeping. Luckily for me Artemis, Apollo and Alec had just grown up into teenagers leaving me with all candidates for the next generation.
Neil was heart broken though and seeing as he was going to become an elder soon I let him have a Plantsim baby
Finally Ashton, my little genius kid, was working on maxing his logic skill when he ended up getting abducted by aliens. I was honestly glad for that seeing as he can get a scholarship for him but when he went back to telescope the next night he was once again abducted. Two abductions in two nights? The aliens must really like him.
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Has anybody ever tried to vid-record a legacy?
Since exchange is dead, I've really had problems getting pictures and text together. It's not that i dislike the writing, I dislike the process of photgraphing, cropping and color adjusting the image, inserting it in powerpoint, getting it in line with the text, refreshing it since powerpoint looses it every two seconds...
Right now, I'm thinking of gameplay videos and written story interludes.
Does that make sense to you guys?
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

cowplant wrote:Has anybody ever tried to vid-record a legacy?
Since exchange is dead, I've really had problems getting pictures and text together. It's not that i dislike the writing, I dislike the process of photgraphing, cropping and color adjusting the image, inserting it in powerpoint, getting it in line with the text, refreshing it since powerpoint looses it every two seconds...
Right now, I'm thinking of gameplay videos and written story interludes.
Does that make sense to you guys?
That does make sense.

As for my own legacy, I'm just starting to get things photographed again and restarted. I'm probably going to recreate the kids as best I can from pictures and just edit their relationships in game to Alec and Manon.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Well, Satchel finished his second year of college....a week ago or something like that. I really need to get to cutting and uploading @@
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Secret-y things that are. . . secret. :pearls:
I'm back on the special project involving one of my undocumented legacies! :applause:
I only ever stopped working on it because we attempted to do a system upgrade on my desktop that TS2 did not even want to run on. :banghead:
Fortunately I had back-ups of all things game-related and just had to wait till I got an older (but still new for me) upgrade.
Sooo I'm keeping the fun parts a secret (tho it will be hard) until its release! :zip: :shhh:
BUT it involves TONS of picture-taking(by me) that will, by the time it's completed, represent a fun new activity for anyone that wants to play, at least for as long as it runs, that should generate a lot of discussions. :-)
It may be too late to start a legacy story about them but it doesn't mean we can't still have fun with them!
Be on the look out for an estimated release date. :#1: :shifty:

And have a :nuts: while you wait. :bounce: :bounce:

Teaser #s 2 & 3 are gone, replaced by the site of the project! :party:
http://www.boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2613 :awesome:
Last edited by modelmgt on June 26th, 2016, 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I have 60% of the new chapter filmed and 75% written. I just lack the motivation to do picture editing and junk (or finish writing) because this week at work was for the birds. :)
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

So, I finally started playing my legacy again and I've played way past the point I've written up to. My heiress and her wife have given me two sets of twins and, according to ACR, I'm about to get another set. And of those twins so far, I've only had one girl. Drusilla has the Super Fertility benefit, so that's probably why. Never again. Never.
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

My generation 4 kids are all moving to college now. I've just got the youngest to get through 2 more days and then I'll be playing them in college.
My generation 3 heir's age bar is also getting pretty full so I don't think he's going to live long enough to see his grand-kids which makes me sad :(
I just added a load of family bin sims to Luna Lake and played them for a bit just so they will be more kids for my Sparrows to bring home from school in the next generation.
So basically I've just been working to get to the end of this generation.
milaek

Post by milaek »

Hnggggg I'm like three chapters or something behind on my writing because I am lazyyyy but Gen 2 is about to be grown up/born haha age differences and I'm an idiot and made gen 1 spares adopt kids and get alien pregnant to try to fulfill their brother's 'have 6 grandkids' want hahaha well now he has 4 nephews/neices at least? I'm also crying over trying to fulfill a 20 puppy/kitten LTW without culinary unlocked in the apocalypse
Eden in the ApocalypseMost recent update: August 13th 2017

milaek's Simself
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

I'd like some opinions on something that has recently happened in my legacy.
See for Generation 4 I'm going for a double heirship will Alec and Apollo. The two are as close as anything and I know they'll be perfect to carry on the family line.
The thing is they have both fallen for the same guy and thanks to ACR neither gets jealous when the other one flirts with the guy in front of them. They've also both woohooed with him while the other brother was in the dorm and there was no reaction. Turns out neither of them will get jealous for anything,
Now I'm all for the two sharing him because they've shared everything else in their life why not a husband too?
But what do you guys think? Should I do it? I do have a backup plan if not but I think this might be a really interesting twist to my legacy.
milaek

Post by milaek »

Re little white comet,

Yes. Do it. 100% do it!!

Also ive been screaming at my apocalypse gen 2 spare getting fired before slacker was lifted. Whyyyy
Eden in the ApocalypseMost recent update: August 13th 2017

milaek's Simself
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

New Legacy Chapter is up! I've gotta start doing shorter ones...

The Elven Heritage Legacy, Chapter 15: Cum Laude
Shaz-a-Fraz
United States of America

Post by Shaz-a-Fraz »

I've just gotten to the Main House after playing through most of the spares (all the relatives are played, there's just a weird order). There are so many spares and second cousins and whatnot from the family, but I really like updating their family tree and seeing how large they've become! But honestly, the Smiths and their relatives have taken over the neighborhood completely. I also just wrote out most of the intro/dialogue for the next chapter, as there will be some plotty things, but I am dreading staging and taking pictures, haha!
Shazi
Sims LJ | Simblr
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Since my last update, I've pretty much just been rebuilding Riverblossom Hills. I had a bunch of disappearing sims, and then my legacy college kids got flagged as uneditable sims, so I just sort of bailed, and started work on a new, clean neighborhood setup on my new laptop.

On the plus side, the neighborhood is really pretty now, with all new houses rather than the Maxis puke that comes with RBH, and I edited the terrain to give it a more sensible layout (and more country lane dead ends for lots.) And I dumped a large number of low-quality geneticized skins. I also gave myself license to skip college for all the people who were upperclassmen at the time, because I'm not replaying that mess. Shorter semesters are being enacted before I try again.

On the minus side... I have really large families (The Greenmans, the Ottomases,) that I had to make separately in CAS and flag as relatives by hand. And every single sim that I had to age down to a teen to set their proper relationships, then age back up, is crying over "never going to college," because they're all nerds.
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

I'm about the start the seventh generation of my alphabet legacy (minus the founding generation) and it's a little bit strange. This is where my longest lasting alphabet legacy (years and years ago) was halted due to a glitch. Unfortunately, my founder's data is glitched so I'm afraid of what could happen next. I just need to be careful with this one.

All in all though, I'm about 30% through the challenge if you include the founder's generation (which I guess you should seeing as generation Z is considered over once the third child is born). It's a strange time. I want to get back to playing.
Peanutbutter

Post Counts

Post by Peanutbutter »

Mine's still in the beginning stages- the first child of gen 2's only just been born! Trouble is, sometimes I get sick of trying to always take photos of stuff and just want to play- that's probably why I haven't done this for a few years!

TS2- Compact Legacy Upd 10th Apr 20 | Sweetheart Legacy Completed!
Widespot Never Knew What Hit It! Upd 22nd Dec | Be A Flamingo Among Pigeons Upd 3rd Jan

TS3- Party On My Lawn! Upd 8th Jan

Other stuff- Simblr :: Dreamwidth :: MTS downloads

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”