What's Happening in Your TS2 Challenge? Chat

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: What's Happening in Your TS2 Challenge? Chat

Post by Keika »

I discovered, just so you know, that you can invite strays to parties, and they will show up at your house. I used it to make one of my undocumented sims a werewolf by inviting the leader of the pack to parties; I'll betcha you could use it to get puppies, too. ;)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I'm playing an asylum with a selection of sims from my legacy. My doctor needs to top Culinary to get everyone out, and it's been 6 days and it has yet to show up in the newspaper.

My sims are never getting out!
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I started a DITFT :D
Spoiler:
I used the one kid in my apocalypse that didn't get to lift anything (because I won) as my founder. I never cleared his skills (which he had maxed) or relationships or anything, I literally just moved him out... which is probably not the recommended founder situation, but I still made it fair. I only let him make money off of things that you don't use skills on... which was very difficult (this prevents him from getting a job, painting, and writing basically). Digging for treasure worked until the Winter, he was a barista at a community lot, then I got him a cat, the cat got a job, the cat destroyed 3 beds..... the cat got taken away because I forgot to feed her once... then he got married (and Spring came, which means plants which = money) so financial issues are gone!

The couple has twins, a boy and a girl, very convenient for DITFT purposes. Their both Family Sims, so I probably should have let them have more... but playing with over 10 kids at the same time in an apocalypse kind of ruined that for me. They're children now. I'm gonna let them have very little time as teens, then ship them off to university. Then after that, it's time for the next generation!
I'm liking this challenge a lot. It has structure similar to a legacy, of course, but it is easier to keep playing with the guided objectives. The first generation style of playing (farming for $) is very different than how I usually play, but it is breezing by with crazy speed. If it weren't for the SAT's and auditions for my school musical, I might've had generation 4 finished by Saturday :shifty:
hello! :heartbeat:
getmygameon

Post by getmygameon »

Let's see...well, I was an idiot and so I just rebooted my WYD challenge upon learning more information about being able to tell genetic from non-genetic when it comes to eyes and hair (been playing this game for about 6 years and still learning! XD). She's already had the first baby, and I made an absolute decision that if she hasn't found a spouse by baby 'E', she'll marry the FIRST baby daddy, which for me was Armando Cox. He's not too bad on the eyes and heck, could've been worse - could've been Komei! Haha!

Um...I'm not sure if I mentioned, but I'm also doing a Board Game Challenge, which if you haven't seen that before, the rules are here, and personalized cards describing each generation's goal are here for use in your own game. I'm continuing the one I did to reboot because I lost the computer my first one was on (R.I.P. G6 my precious...), and so I'm doing a new one which I sorta took a break from, but I'm back on track with it. The person who started this I believe is pursuing a career in Culinary Arts, so they're not really active anymore - or at least at this time, but all of their story thus far is on LJ if you'd like to check it out. As soon as I get mine together, I'll post the archive of links and such as I'm hosting it between my Tumblr, LJ and DW (although I x-post from my DW to my LJ)

I also saw someone post a Black Widow Challenge on LJ the other day, which I'm sorely tempted to take on - later on. I did one ages and ages ago and it was tons of fun!

So yeah...that's all for now :)
getmygameon

Post by getmygameon »

Sam wrote:Does anyone know if Servos need flamingos on the lawn in the OWBC? I've put some down, but I couldn't remember.

Other than that, my founder and his wife now have 4 kids and the house is coming along nicely.
From what I can remember - it's been a bit since I did a OWBC, I don't think Servo's count in the family member count for the household.
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

My new BaCC is cursed!!

I'm playing with Nepheris' ruleset. And mod conflict happened on the FIRST lot. :guilty: After spending almost two days trying to find the problem, I ended up infecting my new pretty hood with hideous townies on accident. I've been playing clean neighborhoods for years, I literally can't stand fugly townies. Plus it breaks the rules at this point! :timebomb:

But I'm not giving up just yet. :cover: I plan to not have my playables interact with said forbidden townies until they're unlocked. Then I'll open a salon and save some of those poor, fashion inept pixels. I love this group of settlers too much to give up on them...hopefully nothing bad happens again.
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
getmygameon

Post by getmygameon »

apocalypticautumn wrote:
My new BaCC is cursed!!

I'm playing with Nepheris' ruleset. And mod conflict happened on the FIRST lot. :guilty: After spending almost two days trying to find the problem, I ended up infecting my new pretty hood with hideous townies on accident. I've been playing clean neighborhoods for years, I literally can't stand fugly townies. Plus it breaks the rules at this point! :timebomb:

But I'm not giving up just yet. :cover: I plan to not have my playables interact with said forbidden townies until they're unlocked. Then I'll open a salon and save some of those poor, fashion inept pixels. I love this group of settlers too much to give up on them...hopefully nothing bad happens again.
Uh oh! D: Well I wish you luck. I did a mock bacc just to see if I could do it and I did pretty well, but then I started moving crap around and before I could begin the 2nd generation I screwed it up. I might try another one again someday, but for now I'm going to leave it alone.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Proudmoore Genetacy

Good heavens, these guys have been busy! Since I last posted, all of Gen 1/A is out of college and starting their own lives, with a few members of Gen 2/B right behind them. Thanks to Real Sickness I've now lost several members of Gen 1/A and a spouse - Adelaide, Amber, Addie and Adrianna are all dead thanks to the flu, and Amber's husband went before she did. Both Addie's and Amber's kids will qualify for the Orphan scholarship, I'm sure. :lol: Yes, I do find it odd that most of the victims (and all the ones I truly care about) were female. I seriously need to get the rest of the Gen 1/A kids uploaded before I get overwhelmed with Gen 2/B adultifying. One Gen 2/B heir is already back home with his new spouse ready to start on Gen 3/C, and a Gen 2/B spare is starting her life this rotation. I've actually started doing 1 day/1 Uni year rotations of each household because one week was just seriously TOO long in some of these houses, plus I'm going to end up with a ton more as I go further.

ETA: Forgot to mention that Adam and Eve are STILL among the living, though I think they only have about 5 or 6 days left before they die of very happy old age. :)

In Other Challenge News

I have started making founders for the other challenges (that I plan to publish) but haven't gotten much further than that yet. Been too busy with computer/internet issues and kind of stuck on my Proudmoore's atm, especially with testing some mods that I've had for FOREVER, but never really used. Hopefully I'll get something started soon though! :)
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Woot! The triples have been born and now I'm going to do the Golden Trio mini-challenge of the OWBC. :D

Their mom is also going to be my Creature for the Monster Mash. :D
She's already used the Genie wish, made a Servo and she's an Alien.... who became a Werewolf and a witch. Waiting for the plants to get a lot of bugs... While taking care of triples. Fun times! :party2:
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

My OWBC family is now unbelievably rich (they just crossed the million mark...). I charge customers $4000 an hour at the Boolprop Clubhouse (dazzle twice to get them to buy in), and set them up at mahjong tables, voila. Credit for that goes to Twilightoutside, who used it to finish a BaCC in two days :P`

edit: This founding generation is taking a very long time. That's in part because of how much time I've spent at the Clubhouse and on vacations (there's still 3 to go for my founder, if she's going to get all of the mementos). It's also largely due to the fact that there are now 10 kids... 5 of which are eligible for heir (B, O twins, O twins again), 1 of which is just an extra, 4 of which are alien quadruplets (born to the spouse).

Yikes.

I'm excited to start the spare line as per the Apartment Life ruleset; it'll be nice to calm down a bit while still playing within the family.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

getmygameon wrote:Let's see...well, I was an idiot and so I just rebooted my WYD challenge upon learning more information about being able to tell genetic from non-genetic when it comes to eyes and hair (been playing this game for about 6 years and still learning! XD). She's already had the first baby, and I made an absolute decision that if she hasn't found a spouse by baby 'E', she'll marry the FIRST baby daddy, which for me was Armando Cox. He's not too bad on the eyes and heck, could've been worse - could've been Komei! Haha!

(snip)
I love Armando Cox! I married him to the founder of the BACC I started once: he produced three gorgeous girls and about $15000 in treasure chests. :celebration:
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I have 13 sims in the house... enough said. These kids aren't the happiest or most skilled that I've ever had, to say the least :shifty:

I'm currently trying to maneuver everyone into a family photo. Easier said than done.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I feel you Chase - I did that with the Proudmoores, had like, 15 sims in that house all said and done. Trips and Quads loves my game.

Right now I'm currently laughing my head off at how the aging is playing out in the Proudmoores - My A generation is now all adults and starting to elderfy, while my B generation ranges from adult to infant, and C is kid to infant! Though in the not to distant future, it will be adult to infant, thanks to plantbabies. Now, if I weren't so anal about them all aging at the right pace...but I am! Pretty sure that this is the furthest I've managed to get through a challenge - need to edit photos and post the others so I can go back to playing them!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
littlenettleheart

Post by littlenettleheart »

Spoiler:
In my BACC, Obi Emen is causing upset with all the other founders, because he's a romance sim. First he broke poor Coraline's heart and then he went after his brother's romantic interest and mayor of Valenwood. After that he changed direction and broke the mayors heart and went after Avery Hopkins. So when I went into their lot, the two hate each other and their sister, Mbali is of coarse taking Wekesa side so she hates Obi too but instead of fighting with him, she just pretends he doesn't exist. Wekesa does the same up until this point, but he's slowely building his body skills. I think he's getting ready for the ultamite beat down. All the while, poor Wekesa, his new love interest, Emma Chapman, well it turns out, she has 3 bolts with Obi. I don't know if I should just friend zone these two and let Wekesa finally have someone to love that won't choose his brother in the end. Or let whats going to happen, happen and see if Wekesa can find happyness elsewhere xx
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

getmygameon wrote:
Sam wrote:Does anyone know if Servos need flamingos on the lawn in the OWBC? I've put some down, but I couldn't remember.

Other than that, my founder and his wife now have 4 kids and the house is coming along nicely.
From what I can remember - it's been a bit since I did a OWBC, I don't think Servo's count in the family member count for the household.
Servos actually do, in one of my more recent attempts at an OWBC I was trying to activate a Servo in the house and it would allow me to because there were seven sims and there was another little one on the way. And the rules say every non-pet member of the household, so I would say yes that you do indeed have to place them down for the Servo.

In my own OWBC,
Spoiler:
this is the third time I've attempted to play through one but I chose an entirely different founder and I've already played up through where she's an elder. So now it's time to back away from the game and write up the chapters. OTL I get too absorbed in playing. Novel Libros is her name and she had two baby daddies since its a matriarchy and neither could move in, but she didn't fall in love until the second one. She also has five children, Bilbo, Ori & Oakenshield (Those two were twins), Oin, and Thranduil (who is also my bad apple this generation.) She's been a pretty good founder, even if she is a grump.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
nox

Post by nox »

So in my BaCC... one of my founder's sons has become an adult, and two are teens. The one who's an adult is not a family sim, but has just married one. The other two are family sims.
Guess what the family sims' lifetime wants are?
Marry off six children
Marry off six children
Have six grandchildren

:party2: kill me now :duh:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Can cousins marry in your game? Because if they can, you can maybe get 2 LTWs with at once.

Is the ReNuYu SensoOrb not allowed in your challenge? I LOVE that thing!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
nox

Post by nox »

Aha I would rather cousins didn't marry!:L
Omg I've actually never used? I rarely use aspiration rewards...
I've basically decided to ignore the wife's LTW, and just complete two of them.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

First cousins can't marry, but second cousins can, game-wise. Whether or not you let them is up to you I guess! :)
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I decided to start a trailer park challenge, I haven't been able to stick with anything in a while. Tanya is a Pleasure sim with a 50 1st date want, which she finally finished. Immediately after, she called up Mark and Abhijeet, both of whom she had three bolts with so I could see who she preferred. She was in love with both of them, they were in love with her. She and Mark kept romancing, while Abhijeet more best friended with her. At one point, ACR had Tanya and Mark woohooing on the couch while Abhijeet sat right next to them. However, Mark didn't get her pregnant, Abhijeet did, so Ab it is. He moved in with 18,000 simoleans, so they have a double wide, truck and junker. The problem is that the hunting land was supposed to cost $4,800 I thought for a 3x3, but it ended up costing $5,350 with nothing on it, leaving them with $6 left, and of course, Ab had to quit his job and Tanya had a day off. I'm not taking pictures, I like doing the challenges, but journaling stresses me out.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”