Reloads and Memory Bombs

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Reloads and Memory Bombs

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bleh. I tried for THREE DAYS to load my game after it closed last time. Yes, it had been taking so long to load up the game that I simply left it on all night, and would go back to it the next day.

Well, my computer finally forced an update on me last night, and this morning, I tried the game, and just removed EVERYTHING, for the factory reset, and finally the game loaded! Now, I'm putting the stuff back in, but I know for a fact that at least some of my stuff is missing.

Also, I do NOT remember downloading this computer scanner thing that keeps popping up, and why do I only have 17 Gigs free, now, when last week I had 50?! GAAAAH.

So, I'm trying to do the Alphabetepic, and get an update out there, but, yeah. It's taking a while. And with several different things being played on rotation, it will be a while before I sort out what all is missing and what all I can just live without.

BUT! I did get the game to load again! Huzzah! Back to the Rock family! I'm working on it, and will hopefully have an update in the next few days.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Reloads and Memory Bombs

Post by Lorinsv »

ACK! Good luck, hope you get everything back as it should be, Michelle!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! So far, so good. I think I came to a stopping place for my latest apocalypse chapter, and will upload that soon.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
cholliebear

Post by cholliebear »

That sounds very frustrating, but at least you can play the game again. <3
Hopefully you can find the missing stuff, and just be able to play peacefully without any future problems. :hug:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I would check the Control Panel to see if you have anything installed that you did not put in. Sometimes those updates sneak in programs that you don't even want, like my parents ended up having a pop up program that would hyperlink certain words to hit you with ads of you went near them. It was pretty disgusting how they just sneak that in and not even tell you it's in there. Also run a virus check too, they do get in like stealth ninjas under the guise of a new moon.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

No kidding! I went from no pop-ups to a new one every five minutes. I haven't figured out, yet, how to turn them off again. I mean, the options all SAY "no pop-ups," but they still pop up!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”