Secret Society problems.

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Secret Society problems.

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

So, I have a sim who, in the process of trying to become Big Sim On Campus, has befriended three secret society members and become an inductee.

Problem is, my game crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME she's abducted to go to the secret society lot, because my laptop is getting up there. I'd like to find some way to remove her from the secret society / stop the abductions permanently / get rid of the glitched-on handcuffs she's currently sporting. (I've tried every trick with the dresser, mirror, and batbox there is. Handcuffs are apparently not "accessories" or removable as jewelry... but she's had them through multiple portrait regenerations, changes of clothing, appearances on other lots, and "fix stuck X's." I'm beginning to fear they won't go away when she ages up...)

Anyone got any advice?

(Other than don't bother with the secret society... figured that one out on my own. :duh: )
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Secret Society problems.

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sounds like a mod or hack is the problem, try the 50/50 method in your CC folder take half out go in check if it still has problems exit out and remove the other half and see if that's where it is. And if putting the other half in works then the issue is in the first half you took out.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

No, I actually rather doubt that: I have always had random crashes on loading large lots for the first time on this computer, even from back before I had any hacks. (There are a couple lots in Pleasantview that do it, even on a fresh install...) It has something to do with large, premade lots.

I don't suppose I can just remove her secret society acceptance in SimPE...
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I don't know, maybe use the Sim Blender to remove the three relationships with them? There's still plenty on campus to get the want.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I know this is late, but what if you knew an induction was coming, and instead of waiting for it, you simply boolpropped your sim into having the membership token, already? Then, you are a member, and can do the secret handshake, but it might not make your sim go all the way to the SS lot?

Would that work?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

MichelleCYoung wrote:I know this is late, but what if you knew an induction was coming, and instead of waiting for it, you simply boolpropped your sim into having the membership token, already? Then, you are a member, and can do the secret handshake, but it might not make your sim go all the way to the SS lot?

Would that work?
Since I have repeatedly put off progressing the legacy collegiates for some time, this actually sounds helpful! I've just been skipping the lot to 1 am every night to avoid the abduction trigger. :)

... Gotta get rid of those cuffs though, but I think her graduating might do that on it's own? Either way, best to tinker with her in the main hood, they're merely annoying right now.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”