Rotations and College?

Pea

Re: Rotations and College?

Post by Pea »

Heather wrote:I won't be uploading the subhood itself, but I'll most likely be uploading the buildings I made for it. :)
That's still pretty awesome. I can't wait to see your lots! :starry:
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I have an extended aging hack that balances this out a bit, so my method probably won't work for all, but I adjust as necessary. I figure, if a sim pregnancy is three days, then that represents roughly nine months, and nine months to a year is three or four days. Of course, if you don't have an aging hack, this screws up toddler aging (according to the cake, they turn four, but then they go straight to school and childhood is in no way proportional to the teen years.)

I also adjust - if I have played through a generation to the point that the heritage houses and greek houses are all filled with placeholders who won't be in any of my stories, I'll play them up to junior or senior year and then just leave them there to rot until I can send in the next batch of Legacy brats, graduate the placeholder and turn them into a townie. :D
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

For my gameplay, I've modified my lifespan to 1 sim day = 1 year, and each round takes 4 days.

However, when I play University, time passed more slowly. Two days in college equals one sim day in the neighborhood and they only have to take one semester per year. So there's a total of 8 sim days for college since University could get pretty boring if I play it any longer than that. By the time they graduate, they literally spent four years in college, which perfectly work with my rounds. :D
ImageImage
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I have a mod that makes each semester only 2 simdays. I play the main households for 7 days at a time, so I need to sit down and figure out how that will affect my college playing and when I send off teens, since I'm getting close to unlocking a university in my BACC.
LaurenElizabethJayne
Origin ID: Lauren_Dillon_x

Post by LaurenElizabethJayne »

I play really short rotations - just 2 days per household (keeps it interesting for me and all the families are pretty intertwined so means I get to play both sides and keep stories flowing)

For college I send the teens off with 8 days til adulthood, then each year is one rotation so in total it’s 4 rotations - or 8 days for me. Keeps them perfectly in line with the rest of the hood so not all teens have to go to college and still gives them a decent amount of time as teens :))

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”