What do you do with your sim bin premades?

Proteus Mirabilis

What do you do with your sim bin premades?

Post by Proteus Mirabilis »

Hi, I'm starting a new megahood project just because I've never really played any of the EAxis hoods and I want to bring my particular brand of havoc onto them at the same time. I'm just wondering on what to do with the sim bin guys, I know some of them because my sims usually bring them home from work or school, but I'm not completely sure on where to place them, as they don't seem to fit in any of the EA hoods. What do you usually do with them?
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What do you do with your sim bin premades?

Post by Heather »

I usually move mine into an empty lot, give them all makeovers, then use the sim blender to set them as townies. I honestly don't play the premades very much.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Depending on the neighborhood, and my goals for it:

1) Ignore them.

2) Move them into houses, give them phones, so I can call them, and maybe employ them in my player-run businesses, and then ignore them. This way, when the come home with a sim, they can actually build up a friendship, because my sims can chat with them, and invite them over, but I rarely actually play them.

3) Play them in a house I'm building, to play-test it, as well as depreciate it, so that after 1 week, everything costs as little as possible, when I package it to place in other neighborhoods. After a week of play, I'll also know whether I want to continue with these sims, or not. It all depends on how attached I got to them.

4) Place them in an empty lot, then kill them off, and fill up my town's cemetery. This is usually if I'm trying to do some sort of a challenge that involves starting in an "empty" 'hood, but I don't want to risk breaking the game by deleting the sims, so I just kill them off, and file their graves away at an out-of-the-way cemetery. Or, I can have my sims visit the cemetery, where it's so full, they are guaranteed to see a ghost. Good for Knowledge sims.

5) Place them in an empty lot, then kill them off, then raise them as zombies or other "monsters," to add occult flavor to the neighborhood. I find having a 'hood full of zombies is particularly apropos for an apocalypse challenge. I downloaded a special "bone phone," that allows you to raise the dead as vampires, and other assorted types, as well as zombies. That's nice, if you want to fill your townie population with vampires, without triggering that first Grand Vampire bite, that makes them go on a biting spree, and bite THE WRONG SIMS. I hate it when they bite the wrong sims, while I'm visiting some lot. But if they never make that first bite on the currently played sim, they never bite autonomously, any of your other sims. So, if you want to control your vampire population, this is a good way to go. Great for spooky story-telling.

6) Play them and get attached.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I have just started dabbling in playing the households from the family bin, and in the context of my Build a City Challenge, I'm not all that concerned with how they fit in, though I am having trouble finding an interesting angle for adding Julien Cooke. So far I've only moved in the Goodies and Ramaswamis, and they've been surprisingly different and fun to play.

For the Goodies, I aged them down with Pescado's Chalice of Days and had them run the town's first church, but that plan went haywire with Herbert's habit of telling dirty jokes, which Faith hates, and Faith wanting to be a Criminal Mastermind. Eventually things settled down for them and now they've adopted two girls and plan to run an orphanage.

The Ramaswamis act very sweet and devoted to each other in my game. They have a baby son, Priya works as a journalist and Sanjay owns a jewelry store.

The Ottomas's I've played in a test hood just to observe the genetics and enjoyed playing them, so I have no qualms about adding them to Mesa Vista eventually, along with the other bin families.

It's rare that I don't get attached to my households once I dig in and start playing them and they reveal their personalities and family dynamics. And if I don't, there's always the town cemetery - there's a purpose for everyone in my BaCC!
Image Image
ISTJ
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Lorinsv wrote:And if I don't, there's always the town cemetery - there's a purpose for everyone in my BaCC!
That is some dystopian sounding shit right there; I love it.
Proteus Mirabilis

Post by Proteus Mirabilis »

All of these sound plausibly awesome, really macabre. I kind of feel like murdering them out of habit, but the few I've played as feel really fun; Cyd Roseland already feels like boinking half of Pleasantview in a faux-knowledge kind of way. The Goodies are lining up to be the coke dealers of the 'hood. Nothing like I expected them.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I turn them into Townies using the extracted Townie and NPC maker. Boolprop codes have never worked for me the computer refuses to let me alter program codes, it's annoying but avoidable. I usually keep Cyd in the bin since the maker thing doesn't work on animals, I also delete the Critturs since they're broken. So poor Samantha Ottomas waddles around perma-preggers since I don't care enough to let her birth the twins, or triplets to fulfill Dora's LTW of having six grandkids. They always turn out hideous anyway.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Currently, I'm only playing the Ottomases, Newsons and the Ramaswamis in Riverblossom Hills.

The Ramaswamis run the local grocery store and have one daughter, Sati, who is really beautiful. I only play them about one day per rotation and age them up accordingly, though, because I just want Sati to have enough skills to marry Gavin Newson.

I kept the Newsons together, but Gavin "joined the army" when he aged to adult rather than going to college, which they can't afford. So I sent him to Camp Skillman and he's going to be there until everyone else his age has been out of college two years. He sends money home to Ginger and the kids based on summoning Ginger to the lot and giving her presents of whatever he digs up. Ginger is an adult, is dating Ashley Pitts (who seems to have done a total 180 since college, he wants to marry her...) and is very relieved to have Gabriella, who she argues with a lot, gone off to college. (Gabriella got the minimum number of skill and other scholarships I use to determine if my poor sims can go... Gallagher won't, I can tell you already.) Gallagher is still a teen and helping out his sister by looking after Garett and Georgia, who are about to turn teen in-game. Georgia is Ginger's undisputed favorite.

The Ottomases: I sim-blendered Samantha's pregnancy to oblivion, replaced it, tried for twins with cheesecake, it didn't take, did it again. So now the kids' lineup is: David, Sharla, Tommy, Travis, Bonnie Rae and Joanna Dale. This means Dora is permaplat, and I aged the kids up to a more interesting range of ages, and gave the adults random skills. The Ottomi are going to be self-sufficient (hopefully) with the help of some extra harvestable plants I downloaded. They also got a hound dog named Cleo and David joined the army, so he's off at Camp Skillman too. Dora isn't going to last too many more rotations, but Sharla will be an adult soon-ish and able to help with the twin girls. Tommy's pre-rolled knowledge, so he'll be the first in family to go to university if he gets enough scholarships, and Sharla's good enough at tinkering to help her dad out with restoring cars. She's also best friends with Azalea Greenman (I let Rose and Jason have as many kids as they wanted... Azalea's number 3 counting Daisy,) Sati Ramaswami, and Xander Roth.

Fair warning: Ottomas kids are terrifying as tots and not excellent looking as kids either. I need to find a more maxis-match skin blend with freckles, because the under eye bags are hilarious on these carpet crawlers.
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I normally just ignore them, or I kill them off.... :cheeky:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Scribal_Goddess wrote: Fair warning: Ottomas kids are terrifying as tots and not excellent looking as kids either. I need to find a more maxis-match skin blend with freckles, because the under eye bags are hilarious on these carpet crawlers.
Lol, I played the Ottomai in a test hood and got lucky:
Spoiler:

Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Lorinsv wrote:
Scribal_Goddess wrote: Fair warning: Ottomas kids are terrifying as tots and not excellent looking as kids either. I need to find a more maxis-match skin blend with freckles, because the under eye bags are hilarious on these carpet crawlers.
Lol, I played the Ottomai in a test hood and got lucky:
Spoiler:

They do bear a strong family resemblance to mine, but the eyebags are definitely less dire.

That does it, going off to find a different set of default skins. :pan:
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I have empty templates, so I don't see them at all, though I may find some downloadable ones for my Uberhood.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Strawberry

Post by Strawberry »

I sort the families into the neighborhoods that correlate with their expansion packs and/or themes, while trying to keep the overall number of playable sims in all the neighborhood even. For instance, Belladonna gets the Goodies, the Newsons, the Ramaswami's and the Kim's from the lot bin. It also gets the nightlife sub neighborhood, where I revive the two teens from the House of Fallen Trees lot, Gvoudoin and Fricorith.
Desiderata gets the Picaso's, the Gavigans, Mr. Cooke and the Travellers, and gets the sub neighborhood Bluewater Village.
Riverblossom gets Crittur, Ottomas, Kat and Roseland, with the college Academie le Tour.
Pleasantview just gets Sim State and Strangetown gets La Fiesta Tech. Surprisingly, the number of playables only ranges from 36 to 38. That's just a two sim difference between five neighborhoods. I don't add anything to Verona because it has such a precise character list. I try to keep it as Shakespearean as I can.

I also limit those neighborhoods to certain monsters. Aliens and Zombies for Strangetown, and only one witch is permitted: Olive Specter. (Just so she can raise all the graves in her cemetery and make them a zombie horde.)
Riverblossom is Werewolves and Plantsims.
Desiderata is Robots, and Belladonna is Vampires and Witches.
Author of Bella Noir.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”