50 1st Dates LTW

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

50 1st Dates LTW

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The thread about the 50 Dream Dates made me think about 50 1st dates. It occurred to me that this is an ideal LTW for a college-student Apocalypse founder. It's great to get to know that many people, before you start the actual apocalypse, because you can scope out ideal spouses for the founder and heirs. Plus, it's achievable before graduation, which leaves the founder perma-plat while trying to lift Hopelessness.

Of course, that's if you do it right. I bet Little Nemo would fulfill the heck out of this LTW. Probably do both, at the same time.

I did this LTW once, long long ago, when Nightlife was new, and wound up having a whole slew of disgruntled dates coming to my sim's house, to leave bags of flaming poo. I moved the flaming poo-bags into a pretty pattern on the lawn, and let them burn. It was pretty cool, IMO, but my sim was not pleased.

Has anyone had good results with this LTW, or do most of you just give up on it?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: 50 1st Dates LTW

Post by mysterymusic7 »

I haven't seen this LTW in ages because my lappy doesn't have Nightlife.
The desktop does, but so far no sim has rolled it. I'm sure it is quite achievable but I generally moan when my sims roll anything that has such a giant number like 50 in it. Then I laugh at them and refuse to even attempt it. Yeah I'm one of those lazy simmers.
But yes I could totally see how this would be a good LTW for an apocolapyse challenge for sure.
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

I think it is somewhat easy, especially when you have the funds and a hotline to the matchmaker. 1 date per workday, at least 4 on a vacation day. That should be doable.
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

I like the LTW for Pleasure Sims. I like it much more than the 50 DD. :fluffy:
I mostly have them date a Sim they get along with and just do friendly stuff so they have a nice date but not a lot of Love interests. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Rflong7, that sounds like having 50 outings! Which is something very useful, too, because even if you're only doing friendly stuff, you can get a high score, and get presents! And skills! And if you have Freetime/Apartment Life (I forget which one), there's networking, as well. Of course, romantic interactions boost the score faster, but if you're not concerned about making them dream dates, yeah, making 50 friends is AWESOME!

Or not, because the LTW doesn't care about the date scores.

You know, there ought to be a LTW to have 50 outings. Maybe there's a mod.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Keep in mind that even if you do friendly stuff, ending a successful date spawns a romantic interaction. Too many a time has one of my sims had their first kiss stolen, simply because I wasn't quick enough to cancel it...

According to this page, "Okay" results in a friendly hug, and anything above it in a kiss. Though ending a date directly after you've begun it usually ends up as "Lame".

I'm glad they didn't include a 50 outings LTW. Maybe a 50 (great) parties LTW though?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Even 20 great parties would be a good LTW. Dates and Outings can be zipped through, but parties have a set time that cannot be changed. Frankly, even when my computer was at its best, and I could invite more than 2 people at once, a party was never really my thing. Still, it would be a good LTW, for those who are into parties.

To tell the truth, I rarely even bother with birthday cakes, let alone parties. And once Bon Voyage got rid of the "honeymoon" where they come back with perfect moods, I rarely bother with a wedding party, either.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I tend to forget the birthday cakes entirely until about 5:59 pm.

Bon Voyage didn't get rid of the limo-honeymoon, it just enabled one to have a real honeymoon instead of it. If you don't book a trip the limo will still come.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Radiochocolate wrote:it just enabled one to have a real honeymoon instead of it. If you don't book a trip the limo will still come.
Really? I've never had that.

As for the 50 1st Dates, I've finished only once but I used the gypsy matchmaker, and 90% of the dates ended on "okay". :spin:
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I finished the 50 first dates fairly recently (earlier this year) with a kid from my Riverblossom Hills. I initially made sure that all but his first date were 30 sim-minutes or less, and mostly he played kicky bag through most of them. (I didn't want to set the gender preference of every eligible townie teen in the neighborhood, also dates are boring if you don't care if your sims escalate it.) It was time consuming, but not technically difficult: I did two or three dates every day of his teen years until I got to about 20 and ran out of townie teens, moving up the income bracket as slowly as I could. (The last couple teen dates were ludicrously expensive, fortunately he was also a great treasure-digger...)

Once he hit college the dating pool was wide open. Also, he was a philosophy major, so I felt no compulsion to keep his GPA better than "pretty good" while he dated. And his roommate is a pop sim, so between them they went through about four energizers studying, skilling, and becoming big sim on campus.

I finished it his sophomore year of college. The little dork rolled "50 dream dates" as his second LTW, then I laughed until I snorted water out my nose and proceeded to ignore every dating-related want that has come up since. :pan:

... I might relent and casually try for the 50 dream dates with him and his future hubby, as they're only scheduled to adopt one kid anyway. And I'm good at dream dates. In the BACC I lost a couple years ago I had the founder and her husband going on a continuous string of dream dates throughout her three day pregnancy, because I wanted the mood boost and needed the aspiration points for smart milk. :idea:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, that IS funny, Scribal Goddess!

Yeah, I like the 50 Dream Dates want. You can do it quite nicely with just one sim with good chemistry, and it's handy for mood-boosts and aspiration. Yeah, you get interruptions for flowers and all, but it's still really quite do-able. And if you are running short of time at home, head downtown. You can get it on a blank lot, because you really need nothing but each other.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Oh, that IS funny, Scribal Goddess!

Yeah, I like the 50 Dream Dates want. You can do it quite nicely with just one sim with good chemistry, and it's handy for mood-boosts and aspiration. Yeah, you get interruptions for flowers and all, but it's still really quite do-able. And if you are running short of time at home, head downtown. You can get it on a blank lot, because you really need nothing but each other.
I think 50 dream dates and "Earn $50,000" are my favorite of the "difficult" LTW's, because basic gameplay from early EP's renders them far more "time consuming" than difficult, if you know the game well. Plus, they can each be achieved early in adulthood if you have a born-in-game sim or have a sim started in college. But they require more gameplay involvement than the career LTW's, so it's not something you can get passively. (Even if you can buy and sell back the same 5k community lot ten times and do it... I tend to avoid doing that though, it feels too much like cheating.)

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”