Merging sims into full households

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Merging sims into full households

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I've been trying to find out the chat where this was brought up, but now I can't find it, so I'm just doing a new thread.

Anyway, someone asked how to move in sims into an already full household. If you have one of the larger household mods, it may allow you to birth sims in, or invite sims to move in, but not merge households in the neighborhood screen. But if you go here:

www.cyjon.net/node/141

You can download a larger household mod (I use the larger household mod at ModTheSims, but they should both work), as well as the information on the text you need to enter into your "userstartup.cheat" file.

Here:

simswiki.info/wiki/php?title=Game_Help:Userstartup.cheat

Is where you can get information on how to set up the userstartup.cheat file, as well as general information about how it works.

Incidentally, players who use a lot of building cheats, like snapobjectstogrid off or 45 degree angles will get a lot of use out of that userstartup.cheat file, because you can set it up to have those cheats on, automatically, when you load your game. Unfortunately, "Plumbbobtoggle" will not work in this file, and must be entered manually, in-game. Other cheats, such as those that change the neighborhood or subhood, actually require this to be used, to boot up in debug mode. Interesting reading.

Happy Simming!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Merging sims into full households

Post by Pony »

I think you mentioned this on Mia's TPC. She was having trouble with the pets breeding.

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to fix my game before I load it up next time. Now I won't have to get pets to breed in the convoluted scheme I was using before!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I hope it will work for pets. I haven't playtested it to that extent. Please let us know how it works for you.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Cool! I've been moving people into 8+ households using the summoning shrub instead... because you can do it right from the sim bin. :) (And, nothing has wonked up so far: I think I read up on this to see if it could/should be done at some point, but I've had probably 100 play hours since I started doing it, so it seems okay.)

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”