When do you send your teens to Uni?

nox

When do you send your teens to Uni?

Post by nox »

Hi
I was just wondering roughly how far into their teen years you send teens to uni. I can never decide whether to play out the whole 14 or so days, or just send them off two or three days into teen-hood, since it's one of my least favourite life stages. When do you guys tend to do it? :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: When do you send your teens to Uni?

Post by MichelleCYoung »

For me it depends on what sort of game I'm playing. If it's a legacy, I tend to play the teen years out a bit, to be more realistic. If it's a challenge, it all boils down to how useful they are at home (helping with the younger kids, for example), in combination with how well prepared they are for college. If they're not needed at home, and they have enough scholarships, I'll send them to college as soon as possible.

I've had a few kids that got their skills almost maxed AS CHILDREN (gotta love the Bookcase of Education), so when they aged up to teen, I sent them to apply for scholarships, and then sent them right along to college. This was in a challenge, though, and timing was an issue.

It really depends on your goals for that sim, because the teen years are some great skilling/socializing time, to prepare for a career, or other lifetime want. In fact, some LTWs can be fulfilled as a teen, which means they'll be permaplat and zip right through their careers.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I tend to send mine off almost right away in my legacies. I find the teen stage to be rather boring, and as most of my sims already have their skills maxed by then, there's just not much for them to do after they get a first kiss and become overachievers. That's in my opinion, of course. I play the Uni stage in a fairly involved manner, so I don't feel like I'm shorting them too much. Also, I have a lot of large generations in various legacies, so sometimes I need the room and/or sanity. So my personal preference is to play hardly any days of teens at all unless they or a parent have a specific want to fill.

However, I do have one legacy where it is designed for the kids to be voted on as teens all together, so I end up playing teens quite a bit in that one, and a really long time one generation when we were relying only on abductions. So I do play some, but the teen years drag on for me.
pnkpnthr334

Post by pnkpnthr334 »

I play all of my 'hoods in rotation, so I do have a set time that I send them. If I'm playing with 5 day rotations, I send the teens when they're between 2 and 6 days from aging up at the end of their time, since during the next rotation they'd become adults (I always grow Sims up when I get the birthday is tomorrow popup), so instead they become YA. If I'm playing with 7 day rotations I send the teens when they're between 2 and 8 days for the same reason. Although with the 7 day rotations, I'll also send a teen who's 9 days away from adulthood if most of their friends are being sent to uni.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Well, I've modded the ages to make them a bit more realistic (I think I now have 5 day toddlerhood, 11 day childhood, 12 day teenhood) so I send them when my spreadsheet tells me they should be 17-18. Kids who don't go to college will still have a few days of teenhood left (about 3) so they can either go to the army "boot camp" camp Skillman and learn some skills, or they can age up at home the same rotation that their collegiate agemates turn 20. (Sophomore Year.)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow, Scribal_Goddess! That's a cool way to do things. You're way more organized than I am.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Depends on the challenge I'm doing, if it's a legacy, I let them get skill scholarships first then if they've gotten any others like the Top Teen Job one or Alien Reparations then I send them off as soon as they're done. If it's an RKC with no Uni then I can't send them at all, makes my Fortune and Knowledge sims run the risk of mental breakdowns though.
littlenettleheart

Post by littlenettleheart »

I pretty much get fed up with them right away and send them off. I try my best to hang on to them as long as I can but my lack of patience gets the better of me xx
Avery

Post by Avery »

I treally depends on the situation. If it's the heir to a legacy, I wait to make sure I get all the teen stuff done first (Go Stead, Become Over-achiever, etc.) then I send them off.

If they're just bugging me, I sent them straight away haha.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I send mine when they are 5 days away from becoming an adult to keep all my ages in sync. Cause I'm kind of nutty about that!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
muleofthefoxxes

Post by muleofthefoxxes »

They get five days as a teen and four years of college. So if I can't send them to college for some reason I'll age them up after nine days. And if my college sims get academic probation then they'll be dropping out before they graduate. If however they manage to get kicked out of college. :p Well their life will be shorter than their age mates is all.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”