Custom Content you can't live with out.

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Custom Content you can't live with out.

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I was wondering: if you play with CC, what items (or types of items) can you no longer imagine your game without?

Personally, I find that I'd be lost without my vast collection of cc plants, and of course I have several metric craptons of Bodyshop CC that I'm slowly weeding through for bad meshes and stuff I just plain don't like anymore. (Like a bunch of ancient AAS meshes that get that wonky leg thing when sims walk...)

The toddler blanket bed (which lets them put themselves to bed and get out on their own,) has also been a huge time saver for me. I always end up regretting not putting it down on any lot where there are toddlers.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Custom Content you can't live with out.

Post by Ani-Mei »

I have a few, the Bat Box of course, the Sim Blender, my maxmotives mirror, my OFB Insta-Gold badge painting, my Monster-Curer (it can fix zombies :awesome:), and of course the set of six altars from GOS. I love those things.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Aside from anti-corruption and fixes, my must-have CC are basic things that tweak/expand on the original game such as the mystic one's Adult Female Default Meshes w/Pregnancy Morphs.

No censor blur, the invisible driveway, two-tile versions of Maxis doors/windows/curtains, upper kitchen cabinets to match the Maxis ones, larger/smaller versions of Maxis indoor and landscaping plants, and more decorative slots for furniture.

Also recently found a mod where your Sim automatically spins into their everyday clothes when they get out bed, so no more living in pajamas!

Lipsticks and default replacement eyes are most important for me appearance wise. Hair and other makeup are important to me, but not quite as the first two.

I'm sure there are others I'm missing, those are just the ones off the top of my head. :)

Ani-Mei, thanks for mentioning the Monster Curer, I didn't know there was any way to cure zombies!
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yeah, I used it in my final Quest for Peace chapter on Gvaudoin and Jon Smith to cure them of Xylen's evil.

Here it is: It's called the Sim Transformer it can make them or cure them.

Sim Transformer
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Got it, thank you! :drinks:
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Ani-Mei wrote:I have a few, the Bat Box of course, the Sim Blender, my maxmotives mirror, my OFB Insta-Gold badge painting, my Monster-Curer (it can fix zombies :awesome:), and of course the set of six altars from GOS. I love those things.
Lol, I didn't even think about the hacks. I have so many and as they're largely annoyance/bugfixes, I often forget about them! My neighborhood would have gone kablooey so many times without, for example, the Pescado fixes and the Batbox. 8-)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Since I've been playing vanilla (I removed EVERYTHING, due to the game exploding), I have slowly added a few specific things I can't do without.

Batbox, Simblender, stuck object remover, and the teleportation urn are my only CC objects. I use the teleportation urn for my simself to set up stories and such, and the rest are just fixes.

I finally broke down and downloaded two whole skins, a hair, and some eyes. I'm living dangerously.

Although, when I get Windows set up on a computer, again, I will have a large Downloads folder, once more, and carefully manage it, with lots and lots and lots of backups. I really miss the home-school options, and the assigned desks and the island castaway and Simstones gear.

Also, I miss the More Awesome Than You fixes, although I didn't have them all installed. Mostly, I went for the fixes more than the mods. Although Autoyak was REALLY nice. It allowed you to keep chatting on the phone until you reached 100 daily relationship, rather than having to phone again and again and again. Particularly nice when you're phoning your target just before midnight.

Ani-Mei, what are these altars of which you speak?

That Sim Transformer looks AWESOME, especially for story-telling.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

They are a set of six altars, Altar of Despair, Anger, Indifference, and four elemental ones so I guess there's seven of them. I lost them when MTS 2 had a server meltdown and then M&G killed my game, but I found them again thanks to a WCIF post on LJ. They were on the GOS site. They have their own animations and interactions for Sims who pray at them. I also used them in my Quest for Peace legacy in the chapter where Paris is killed during a fight between Dalen and Reias.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So sorry about you M&G game destruction. That "stuff pack," actually had some good additions to the game, such as the solar panels, windmills, sliding down bannisters, sniffing flowers. Real play style stuff!

So, I don't know the GOS site, and I don't know what a WCIF post is, but LJ is LiveJournal, right?

Quest for Peace legacy - was that on the old Boolprop? I don't find it here, but then again, my searching skills aren't very good.

The altars sound very interesting. Is it just animations, or do they affect mood or aspiration? Sounds great for story-telling!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

There are mood-altering effects on the altars and my legacy is here in the completed legacies section. And WCIF stands for "Where Can I Find..." it's a community on LJ that you can join to find lost CC that you miss and most of the time the other members will find it for you. The sliding down banisters came with AL not M&G by the way. All M&G did was add some new architectural features, some objects and the smell flowers thing you mentioned, it also fixed the AL glitch where pets couldn't get paid or promoted past level 2 in the Pet Careers. Hence why I lost "official" credit for my pet lifts in my Apocalypse but I wasn't going to reinstall that game killer/crasher just for that so I let it pass because I've worked hard enough on an Apocalypse.

And it was Parasimonius not GOS but I found them if you want them.

Altar of Elements
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, thanks! I love Parsimonious. And the "Where Can I Find It" looks great!

OK, I'll have to check out your completed story. More reading! Yay!

Unfortunately, these altars require Apartment Life, so I can't do it on my Mac. But when I get Windows (someday), I will definitely want these!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Goodness, I have TONS! Simblender definitely (and InSim, I use both lol), the Sim Transformer, Batbox, Lot Sync Timer (for rotational style play), InTeen, ACR, Preg For All Genders, all the MATY mods/fixes (though I'm just now kind of getting into some of them, like Macrotastics more and BUY), the single dish leftover hack, default replacement genetics and face templates, RECOLORS, ALL THE RECOLORS! College Adjuster for getting kids into private school, Monique's hacked computers (that I'm still learning) and of course CC bodyshop, build and buy mode stuff. There's probably a ton more that I just can't think of at the moment as well - too sleepy yet wide awake lol.

I'm always adding and removing stuff from my downloads folder! :lol:
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I can't imagine living without the toddler blanket for very long, it's just so useful! Pregforall, marriage for all and ACR definitely. I also quite like my multi pollination tech because I've got a ton of alien babies and they look different (although I do miss the big black eyes a bit)! A bunch of fixes...
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

Wow yall are so advanced!

The first thing I thought about was food, lol. Fried fish, t-bone steak, greek, chinese, and italian food (omg lasagna), brownies, fruit bowls for toddlers, various salads etc. :smore:

Then of course there are hair, jewelry (yay earrings), purses, and outfits to consider (I couldn't live without my pajama outfit with the bunny slippers!).

I've heard of the things that some of you have talked about, but I'm too scared to try them. I'm not very computer savvy so I'm scared I'll break something. I only have about two or three hacks.
screeny

Post by screeny »

hello there I'm kinda new to this whole thing. been playing sims for years but would really like to know where to get some really good custom content. i would just like some hairstyles and clothing. i know about modthesims2 but a lot of them don't work on my computer can anyone give me some websites where they are free don't want to have to start paying :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

My favorites are Modthesims, Paladin's Place, Simlogical, Simbology, More Awesome Than You (MATY), Parsimonious, and All About Style. Parsimonious isn't about mods and hacks. It's all about the STUFF. All About Style is about clothes and hair and the like. None of them are for pay.

Currently, I have very little in the way of CC, because I used to have a ton, and my game broke so bad I had to reinstall. I'm gradually adding it in, though. I really love the home-school options from Simlogical, and the glorious, beautiful stuff from Parsimonious, and clothes from All About Style! Also, I quite enjoyed playing with "The Simstones" from Modthesims, as well as various "Castaway" type stuff from there. And the medieval themes. However, for now, I'm sticking with the basics, which is Batbox, SimBlender, Paladin's Place's teleportation urn, and a few various fixes. For example, when Pets first came out, strays were able to visit community lots, which made it nice because you could lot-hop and find the pet you wanted. Kobe is hands down my favorite. But then EA broke that, of course, so I downloaded the fix from modthesims.

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE the "put in a group meal, get out a single plate" left-overs mod. LOVE IT!!! It shouldn't take hours to put away leftover, and when you put away a group meal, and then get out a group meal, grab a plate, put away the group meal, and cycle through every time, by the time you're at the last plate, your group meal has spoiled. Mind you, I didn't use that mod during my Badass Alphabetocalypse, but I'm using it now. Also, I got the mod that says, "There are 8 sims in your household, so why are there only six servings of a meal?" mod, that makes you serve 8 sims, rather than 6. Again, I didn't use it in my previous apocalypse, but I have added the mod to my game now, because it just makes SENSE. Why would anyone make a meal that serves two less than the number of sims in the household? It's weird, though, because my left-overs just last longer, and it feels kind of cheaty, but really, it just makes SENSE.

Oh, and the "commskilling" mod from MATY! Along with some flat-out fixes, I love that mod from More Awesome Than You, because it again makes sense to me. If playing chess at home builds logic, why wouldn't it build logic anywhere else? I have long used the Takemizu vacation to build up my skills, because you get an awesome skilling bonus at Takemizu Village, particularly in the fall, but I always had to buy a vacation home, and have them skill there. Now, they can also skill at a hotel. Although, at a hotel, you can't also add the awesome skill-boosting Takemizu souvenir rack, so I still use the Takemizu vacation home. Still... I like my game to have some logic to it.

Also, after having to exit without saving and reload and actually seek out Mrs. Crumplebottom to make sure that I managed to save her from vampirism, I got the mod that fixes that, so that she can't be turned into a vampire. Yeah, I miss the drama of her, but I don't miss the "OMG! I'm going to have to REINSTALL!!!" fear. Yikes. I used to play with a mod that made it so the vampires could only bite while visiting a home lot, in order to avoid that crash, but I kind of like the unpredictable vampire-spreading that came with Nightlife, so I prefer to just get rid of Mrs. C. Twice now, I have had apocalypsers unexpectedly vampirised at the Tuesday night gathering, and once while still at college, and while it annoyed me at first, I quickly realized that it can actually be fun, if I work it right. It gives some extra challenge, to be sure, but vamps are their own kind of fun. I'd like to do a werewolf, but for some reason, my sims just can't seem to get on with the leader of the pack. There's probably a mod for that.

In short - There are links to some great not-for-pay places, and my "gotta have" list keeps growing.
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

MichelleCYoung where did you find the mods for building skills and having strays at community lots?
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

I made a resources page ages ago. Some of the links might be outdated, but it might be helpful for anyone just looking for some sites for clothes & hair & whatnot.

As for can't live without: default eye replacements. Just can't stand the default Maxis ones *shudder*
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

I have to have default skin and eye replacements, good hair and makeup too.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”