Glitch Help!

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Glitch Help!

Post by Sam »

Hi

So a guy snuck onto the lot and appeared to drop off a date gift, but nothing turned up. I thought nothing more of it, just assumed it was a glitch, but it didn't end there.

Now my sims complain quite often that they can't get into the hot tub - and there isn't a hot tub on the lot!

I have no idea what to do - the batbox doesn't seem to do anything, and there is no hot tub for me to move for accessibility, and no one seems to walk and bump into it or anything. What the heck is going on?!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: Glitch Help!

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

Wow... Usually if there's no room on the front yard/porch the game will place it on the back yard/porch. Is there a top level? I know I thought a few times the game ripped me off when it put the gift out back. How strange. O.o

Good luck!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Do you have a mansard roof? If so, do you ever put the roof visible, or are you like me, with the walls cut out all the time? You might check up there, if the front porch was too small.

Sometimes, you can see stuck objects from the neighborhood view, even if they're invisible on the lot, in play view. I have that issue a lot with towels from sunbathing. I don't know if that will help you get rid of it, but it might show you where the thing is, at least.

As a last-ditch fix, you might try putting all your furnishings that you want to keep in your inventory, and then move out. Everything that you didn't pack up will be sold. Then you can move back in, and place the stuff from your inventory. That ought to get rid of the hot tub.

Good luck!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Well, I looked ALL over the place for this hot tub, but still couldn't find it, so I figured I'd move them out & back in again.

But because it's a college lot, all of the furniture stayed and none of the problems were fixed! So frustrated right now >.<
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

You could always try the stuck object remover from Pescado...though it would take some guess work as to WHERE this thing actually is...
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sam wrote:Well, I looked ALL over the place for this hot tub, but still couldn't find it, so I figured I'd move them out & back in again.

But because it's a college lot, all of the furniture stayed and none of the problems were fixed! So frustrated right now >.<
Oh, dang! That does happen at college lots, doesn't it? I'd forgotten about that. Whenever my college sims move out of a lot, it's always to go to a different one.

When I had moved some sims out of a house and back into it, in the main neighborhood, all the furnishings they had not packed in inventory, were gone. So, I guess it would have worked in the main neighborhood, but not in college.

Wow, that stinks! At least, since it's a college lot, they'll have to leave it, eventually. Maybe move them into a nice dorm, instead, and just nuke the lot from orbit? Or could they move into a Greek house? Or is this one of those legacy things, where they are supposed to stay on the same lot throughout? I've seen plenty of legacies move due to unfixable glitches.

OK, have you backed up your game, frequently? If so, perhaps you can load a back-up, move out the sim, copy the lot into your lot bin, then load the new game, and move your college sim out of the glitched house, and then place an unglitched version of the same house into the game and move your sim into THAT lot. It will still look the same, or with only a few changes over the course of your game play, and should be convincing enough for a posted legacy-style story.

Or, start a fire, take pictures of that, then a few pictures of a burned-out shell, and have "insurance" pay the difference so that they can then move into a new, unglitched lot, with the same amount of stuff and money in the bank. Then nuke the broken lot, so you don't accidentally play it later.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I hope you manage to find a solution that works for you.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

It is the family Greek house, so no moving out of it really.

In the end, once they had enough money, I bought them an actual hot tub, and now they make a beeline for that instead of the mysterious invisible one. The odd sim will complain about the invisible one, but for the most part, they're pretty happy with the real one. Plus, they've graduated now, so I don't need to worry about that for another generation!

Thanks!
screeny

Post by screeny »

Hi
Don't know if anyone has had this problem before, but when my sims go to work and they get a promotion instead of giving me money its taking money away form my funds.
For example i had 42,000 and my man got a promotion instead of giving me money it left me with 12,499.
it comes up with what i should be getting for example i should have gotten 1,500 for my promotion but it said something like -30,000.
i don't quite understand whats going on
hope someone can help me
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

screeny wrote:Hi
Don't know if anyone has had this problem before, but when my sims go to work and they get a promotion instead of giving me money its taking money away form my funds.
For example i had 42,000 and my man got a promotion instead of giving me money it left me with 12,499.
it comes up with what i should be getting for example i should have gotten 1,500 for my promotion but it said something like -30,000.
i don't quite understand whats going on
hope someone can help me
Is it the natural science career track in particular that you're having the glitch with? Because I've also got the -30k bonus from that before.
screeny

Post by screeny »

no its not the natural science career its the education one
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

If you're still looking for advice, mine would be to cheat that money back into your family (familyfunds Lastname +30000) and make sure your game is patched for seasons, which is where the education career comes from.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”