What's Going On In Your Game?

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Re: What's Going On In Your Game?

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I'm busy rebuilding Riverblossom Hills... again. (The game somehow lost everyone off my legacy greek house lot the night before graduation. Upon further research it seems I managed to corrupt the lot, possibly due to saving with "invisible loiterers.") Fortunately, all sims and lots were recoverable (except for the greek house, which I fortunately had a clean copy of,) so I took the opportunity to rebuild in a clean neighborhood and swap to a better looking genetics set. :heavybreathing:

So my legacy is going to be skipping ahead a few years, because I am NOT replaying all of college.

In the meantime, I've been making over all the premade families and their houses.

The Greenman Family, at (a completely rebuilt and redesigned) 110 Old Farm Road.

Top to bottom, left to right: Daisy, Zebrina (alien in the middle) Briar, Genlisea (long haired alien) Rosemary, Basil, Azalea, Rose, Jason, Beasley (their dog, originally an alpha werewolf I failed to extract... guys, don't move the alpha werewolf in. You get too many werewolves. Also I think it messed with the character files.)
sarathedancer

Post by sarathedancer »

I'm finally playing again, it's been about 6 months or so. I have been slowly playing my legacy, which I play all my spares in. So far, 7 of my generation 3s have had children, and 6 of them had a set of twins. :spin: so many twins...
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

Last night, finished up generation E in my alphabet legacy that I hadn't touched since October.

Recently I've been playing Pleasantview and got through my "Nightlife rotation." Since 2012, I've been playing the original neighbourhoods equally so I can get to the point where the sims in them would have been if each got a one generation playthrough per base game/EP. I still have to do Nightlife for Strangetown and Veronaville, but may have cheated a bit and started OFB in Pleasantview because they are the neighbourhood I assigned Bluewater Village. As of recently, the Broke family name has died out. Dustin married into the Pleasants during the Base Game and the third baby (Zane) married into the Goths. In fact, baby three is still alive and kicking as an old dude in the Goth manor with his niece and her husband and kid as well as her best friend, her husband, and their kid (the kids are engaged in university). Beau kept the Brokes going another generation but his kids married into different families. His daughter Raleigh married into the "Richards", his daughter Montana married into the "Landgraabs" and his son Dakota married into the "Larsons."

Other names that died out so far have been the Huffingtons and the Bubblers (they had a kid who married into the Upsnotts), the Novas (married into the Burbs), and the Pitts (married into the Tellermans who are an offshoot of the Calientes). The Lotharios were revived, but may be one of the next names to die off as well as the Stacks family which married into a whole bunch of them and the Thayers (Alexander Goth and Meadow Thayer's family). The stronghold families right now are the Goths, the Beares (who are an offshoot of the Goths), the Swains, and the Starchilds.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Spent a good chunk of my afternoon fixing the graphics file again. (Darn you, Windows Updates!)

Riverblossom Hills is going to be ready to play in a couple of weeks... but Azaelia Greenman died on accident because I messed up and downloaded the poisonous Plumbbob Keep plants, so I had to rez her.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Glitches [emoji22] . But other an that my first born just became a teenager and my founder has to get pregnant 2 more times to complete her name. And then we can finally move on to generation 2.
This was suppose to be a quick challenge. Ha
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Things are going well in the Miller genetacy, though I haven't played in a long time. Gen 1/A is still growing up and making their way through college, while Gen 2/B is catching up to them. That's what happens when you have too many kids! I need to start ignoring the have a baby want once they have their three kids lol.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

After about 2 weeks of starting a new job and being tired. I decided to play a kinda round robin Wishacy with TS2. Kinda. I've been going around Pleasantview and playing all of the households in alphabetical order and going out of my way to fulfill every big ticket wish they had. So far it has been fun and weird.
Spoiler:
The Broke family was stressful because I had to get back in the rhythm and we'll they're broke as heck. The new baby was probably the most interesting part because he came out bubblegum pink! I don't know how the skin was geneticized but one of the colorful alien skins I had to add some color around ended up on the baby. Dustin was the sole breadwinner for the good part of the week and the poor thing going just kept rolling wants to go to college or get in private school. He just wanted a better life for himself and his family. Little Skip (I know real original) is adorable though.

The next up was the Caliente sisters. With the secondary wishes they rolled, they were more sympathetic than they were when I played them before. Well Nina was. Dina turned into a bigger villain. But I think Nina met her match in Daniel Pleasant. She had a date want she needed to fill before it rolled and he was there. In my head they were just the right sociopath for one another. Dina was quite boring. She would have gotten pregnant if a bigger want hadn't spun up, which I made a rule to make the highest want locked in. So instead she was woohooing and dating around while working on her LTW.

Finally I'm on the Dreamers. I'm about to wrap them up. Darren went at Cassandra Goth hard while Dirk was being really resposible. They were actually quite dull most of the time.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing something after 2 rotations, because I'm really into sharing these adventures.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I finally caved and started a BACC, with some rules tweaks because unless I get really attached I don't see myself playing it beyond two generations. Right now rounds are one full sim day, they'll probably become two days in the future.

The "plot" is that my founders are ten recent college grads who were given an opportunity to conduct a social experiment in self-governance, which will be filmed as a combination reality show and documentary. They got assigned basic housing (each house has the exact same square footage and furniture, except that sims each got to bring a couple deco or skilling items to personalize,) and they got $300 after moving in so they could plant seeds and fund their craftables. They can't sell anything into the air, either, they've got to sell it to the camera crew (my simself and her robots) at cheap. The four people who have already been assigned jobs (the mayor, architect, medic, and educator) are getting a "stipend," which is their actual salary in-game. The architect and mayor were allowed to start work on the second day, the educator has to wait until there are school age children or he earns a skilling-themed lot, and the medic has to learn physiology or wait until someone gets sick.

With the Architect and the Mayor already enemies and kicking over each other's trash cans all the time, that could be very soon indeed. :pan:
Cherelle

Post by Cherelle »

I finished my 10 Kids Challenge and it is the first time I had a family have more than six kids. So, that is crazy haha. Now, I'm in the process of figuring out what I want the children to do. Right now, six of them are in college so I'm letting them do their own thing.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Four of the women in my BACCs have hooked up with the other sims, so now I'm waiting for chimes. Apparently they're all rolling high...
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I just had to delete all my neighborhoods, as Origin did an update and none of them would work. :( Oh well, time to start over fresh!

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I'm almost a year into a BACC now. I've got sixteen playable adults, eleven children, three kids on the way, and a total of I think fifteen businesses.

I'm also due a baby alien very soon. ;)
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

Everyone is preparing for a wedding at the moment, but it might not go well.

It's complicated. My two sims are brother and sister, and their respective spouses are also brother and sister. Well, the spouses' other brother is set to marry my sims' half sister. The groom is a jerk that has almost everyone in the family hating him, expect his brother and sister, including the two teen kids. The bride is getting cold feet. So, that's fun preparing all that. I just got everything ready for her dress. ^^

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

dbars107
United States of America

Post by dbars107 »

I am stuck on my Apocalypse...I'm doing aliens and my founder's spouse did a random autonomous memory erase on my founder!! They aren't married anymore, the abduction kids don't recognize their adopted parent as such (which will cause problems when they hit young adult since no one can move out yet) and I'm so pissed I'm ready to murder them just to get an open spot to bring in the heir's spouse. :/ Suggestions gladly accepted!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Let's see, in my new genetacy, gen 1/a is well on it's way, with two toddler girls - they're going to have to keep trying for a boy to be heir though! They need at least three kids anyway, so hopefully the next one is a boy! I used Damon Salvatore and married him to Eve - so I have the Salvatore genetacy lol.

In my new BACC, Midnight Valley (which I may have already used, but my creative juices are getting low), Agatha Christie is just settling into her first week, making friends and working on getting enough money to open the first business. I went a little crazy in building it (The Food Stand) and it costs like 34,000. She wants to be the Hand of Poseidon, so in her spare time she fishes. The Food Stand is just for fresh food, so she gardens a lot too - might end up putting her in the Natural Science career before she opens up a slot in Oceanography!

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I've finally tracked down a crashing issue that has been delaying how I play New Edenia, my BACC. It turns out I futzed up majorly with the lot adjuster and this *might* be a problem for all my families.

That said, I can still enter all but one house in the neighborhood, so I'm going to take precautions (extracting and documenting all sims) and then try and repair that household. Hood Checker hasn't done much in terms of helping, and since I saved all the important buildings and I can just cheat sims their skills, badges, career levels and relationships back, I don't care too much if I have to reboot. Should be easier than when I rebuilt Riverblossom Hills from scratch. ;)
LaurenElizabethJayne
Origin ID: Lauren_Dillon_x

Post by LaurenElizabethJayne »

I played a few of my households in my Pleasantview hood, it was pretty eventful.

Pleasantview
- Darren Dreamer is continuing to paint, but funds are getting low and he's not sure if he can afford his family home for much longer. He's also stuck between two women, the long term love of his life Cassandra and a new girl on the scene, Laura. He's not enjoying 'playing the field' and is seriously considering his next steps as he wants to take his relationship to the next level and re-marry but with who?
- Dirk Dreamer is preparing for university. He got a job in the Business career which is his long term goal, but sadly lost it on his first day. Something to do with dropping biscotti into his boss's coffee :duh: He was hoping his childhood sweetheart Lilith Pleasant would cheer him up, but since her mum and dad got divorced she has been even more off the rails, Dirk can't handle it and their young romance is fizzling out.
- Cassandra Goth returned from a vacation to Takemizu Village with her BFF Mary-Sue Oldie (No longer a Pleasant after she caught Daniel and the maid, and didn't buy the story that he was 'helping her change the bed sheets') as they went for some respite after their simultaneous break-ups. Whilst away Cassandra found out she was pregnant with her ex-fiance Don's baby. This added to the emotional breakdown she was already having. She decided to keep the baby and extended her vacation so she could spend most of her pregnancy away from Don's sight. She got home in time to celebrate her little brother Alex turning into a teenager and then later that night gave birth to a little baby boy, Draven Goth. He has a rather gothic nursery in the attic and if she gets her way, Don will have no part in his life (at this stage he doesn't even know his first son exists).
- After being kicked out of the family home by his wife and his daughters practically disowning him as their father, Daniel Pleasant has moved into a tiny 2 bedroom condo at the edge of Pleasantview. Kaylynn used what little savings she had to help him buy it after she was fired from her job as a maid for unacceptable behaviour. Daniel is pretty miserable and Kaylynn is getting fed up despite the fact they have only lived together a short amount of time. She is desperate for a baby, and feels Daniel may make things more official (a ring perhaps?) if she was to get pregnant. Luckily for her, there is more than just Daniel on offer to make this a possibility. :smirk:

Sim State University
- In the Bright household, Jane Stacks has finally graduated and is now deciding if she wants to live in Pleasantview or Bluewater Village. She has decided she wants to open up her own pet store, so is figuring out where is best to do that.
- Allegra Gorey is trying to win over the newest Freshman girl in the Tri-Var Sorority House, Tori Wilson, but the majority of the men on campus are proving to be quite the competition
- Heather Huffington is woohooing her way through university in an attempt to achieve her LTW of having 20 Simultaneous lovers, meanwhile Brittany Upsnott is taking her sloppy seconds out on dates, as she trys to get 50 First dates
- Tiffany Sampson is starting to develop feelings for Kevin Beare, but is still holding out hope that Castor Nova will settle down with her after university has ended, so doesn't want to act upon her new found feelings for Kevin.
- Ashley Pitts is making enemies with almost everyone, except one person (remember that new sorority girl Allegra likes? Well she likes Ashley) :smooch:

Bluewater Village
- Gilbert Jaquet continued to run the family bakery under the scrutiny of his mother, Denise. Much to her dissatisfaction, he was spending more and more time working out and going on dates, and less time in the Bakery. Denise nagged and nagged him, threw away his gym clothes, scared off his lady-friends and in the end Gilbert decided enough was enough, he sat his mum down and explained his passion was in sport, not baking and he wanted to give up the bakery to fufil his dreams of being an athlete, before it was too late (and time was ticking). Denise didn't like this and forbid him from doing such a thing, she threatened to kick him out and take over the bakery herself, which didn't suit Gilbert as he could use the money to help him get started on his own. After constant nagging Gilbert snapped. Whilst his mother cleaning up he starting baking some cakes for the bakery, satisfied that her nagging had worked, Denise relaxed and went for a nap. Once his mother was in a deep sleep Gilbert dismantled the smoke alarm, turned the oven up with the cake inside and went for a jog, being sure to lock the door behind him. Let's just say when he came back the house was up in flames and the only person walking around the lot was good ole' Grim. :diablo:
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I finished my Baby Boom challenge yesterday, which is super exciting. First challenge I've ever completed in the 10+ years I've been playing TS2. :lol:

I'm onto year 5 of my BACC now and the generation 3 kids are starting to die, which is really sad. They all had a LOT of kids though, so generation 4 is crazy big. One of the couples had ten kids because I hadn't ever completed that want and the wife rolled it after their third or fourth kid. XD I might go crazy with playing that many Sims, but luckily I like all the kids so far.

I'm also playing in Strangetown and nothing much has happened there recently. I'm only on the second round, so it's still a lot of the same relationships and stuff that EA shipped with the game. Ripp is an adult and living in the same apartment complex as fellow romance Sim Chloe Curious, so I'm crossing my fingers that something happens there. ;)
LaurenElizabethJayne
Origin ID: Lauren_Dillon_x

Post by LaurenElizabethJayne »

Still playing my Pleasantview hood. Just getting back into Sims 2 and pretty addicted :

Pleasantview:
The Pleasant twins are off to college! Mary-Sue has sold the 2 business her short term lover Malcom Landgraab left in her name prior to his untimely death (long story) and is considering what to do with it, she is torn between splitting it between her daughters to give them a good start to life when they graduate, or giving in to her slight midlife crisis and purchasing a vacation home in Takemizu Village. With this life-changing amount of money in her bank account and the girls off at university, she can now finally pursue her dream of being a world class ballet dancer.

Daniel Pleasant on the other hand is working on his career as a professional sports person, he has maxed his athletic and just has one or two more skills to work on, then he should be up for that final promotion, which is good as he is fastly approaching elderhood and their house is a little cramped. His girlfriend Kaylynn on the other hand is not feeling so good, she is still longing for a wedding and a baby but neither seem to be on the cards for her and Daniel at the moment.

Jane Stacks has just graduated college and moved into her first apartment. She has found a roommate who so far seems quite nice. Jane has invited her close friends from college over to see her place, and took this opportunity to as her college sweetheart Colin if he would like to make things more official, which he unexpectedly declined. Jane was heartbroken, but a familiar face known as Castor Nova made an appearance later that night which cheered her up. Sadly he couldn’t stay as Jane also has a busy job as a paramedic. She was a little distracted by that days events so when she wet to work that evening her performance was not up to scratch and she has been demoted.

Downtown:
The Kim family have been relatively uneventful. Cynthia is pregnant with baby number 2 and due any day now. Justin got into private school and Robert is starting to worry he’ll never find a new job. The pets on the other hand are both climbing their career ladders and have both had promotions.

Bluewater Village:
Stephen and Melody Tinker’s toy store is getting pretty successful. After lengthy discussions they adopted a (beautiful) little girl called Rosemarie. She is school-age and fitting right in with all the family including Moody the dog and even moody Melody.
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

I downloaded Jenba's Blythe Harbour save and added some of Peace's lots. Then I filled in the gaps with lots of other builds from a few different people. Now I'm adding AvelineSims' sims. Then, I'm thinking I'll add my Baby Boom kids to the save and start playing on rotation.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”