I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/28/2016*

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
lumasong

Post Counts

I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/28/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Welcome to I Don't Play The Sims 3 (A Legacy)! My name is Lulu, and as you might guess by the title, I don't usually play The Sims 3. I've extensively played both 2 and 4, but never liked the look of 3.

But now that I have access to it, the expansions, and a bunch of cool store stuff, I figure, why not? And the best way to give a Sims game a run is with a Legacy, of course! For score keeping... there won't be any. I'm not playing for points or by any real rules except the traditional 'don't cheat' 'build a family' 'repeat x10' ones.

1.0 Founders
1.1 Midlife Antics
1.2 Little Angels
1.3 Sparkles and Critters
1.4 Mood Swings
1.5 Grounded

2.0 Watching the Bar
2.1 Lovely Ladies
2.2 12xBirthday GO
2.3 It's in the Air
2.4 Of Course
2.5 Dogs and Glitches
2.6 Deciding the Heir

3.0.0 Onward and Forward
3.0.1 Clay Toilets
3.0.2 Playground
3.0.3 Deciding the Other Heir
3.5.0 University Life
3.5.1 Muck Up the Family Tree
3.5.2 Weddings
3.5.3 Homewrecker
3.5.4 Pregnancy and Labor
3.5.5 Growing Pain
3.5.6 Doctor, Doctor!
3.5.7 Downsizing

4.0 The Power of Imagination

Feel free to give comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc! I look forward to hearing from you. :plumbob2:
Last edited by lumasong on October 28th, 2016, 2:30 pm, edited 29 times in total.
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy)

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 1.1 Midlife Antics
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/07/16*

Post by Sam »

I'm glad there's someone else out there who isn't that great at TS3 - I'm the same! :) I'm enjoying your legacy, too - I didn't know that the only way to cure the frog potion was with a special kiss!
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/07/16*

Post by lumasong »

Thanks, Sam! I think you can use magic or a cure potion, but I didn't have either available to me! A kiss was the only way to go.

Added chapter 1.2 Little Angels
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/15/16*

Post by DreamWeaver »

lumasong
Spoiler:
Great chapters. I love your founderess and that's funny she turned randomly into a toad. The kids are adorable. Keep up the great work.
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/17/16*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 1.4 Mood Swings
Spoiler:
Thank you DreamWeaver! I was so shocked when she turned into a toad, I panicked for awhile!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

You can fence in the garden to prevent deer and zombies from eating it, just make sure it's got a locked gate too or the zombies will get in. I found that out earlier when they tried to eat my garden through a locked fence gate, then they route fail on me. Hehe. Nice start so far.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Oh, thanks, Ani-Mei!

I'd thought about a fence, but I didn't think about locking the gate. Maybe I'll have zombies back someday!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Fell behind a little, but now I have time to catch up!
Spoiler:
So much black and red!

The thinning potions seem to take loads of weight off, don't they? The sims are left looking so tiny.

Hunter is such a loner, it seems almost odd he doesn't have that trait!

Buck's mid-life crisis seems to be lasting most of his adult life - all the messy relationships! He had so little time he had as an elder :eek:

I love the witch gnome! I just got one for the first time the other day.

Man, the boys had a rebellious day, didn't they?
Looking forward to more :)
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 1.5 Grounded

Sam:
Spoiler:
Thanks for commenting! The thinning potion was WAY more extreme than I thought it would be, definitely.

Sadly, Hunter is only a loner because he hates his whole family. I think in a different environment (or if his mother had actually paid attention to him as a child), he'd really flourish.

Buck's cheating was actually kind of fun to play, since usually my families are so 'perfect', even though it was sad he was cheating on Tessa. I have NO idea what happened to his elder days though. I don't have any other pictures between that time, and it seems odd that I'd just wile away so many days without noticing, but I don't know if it's even possible for sims to die before they age 90. So confusing! I don't let it happen again with Tessa. I'll be keeping a careful eye on my elders from now on.

I don't actually know where any of the gnomes are coming from! I can kinda see the Butternut ones as being spring gnomes and maybe got them from hunting eggs or the garden or something, but what did I do to get a witch gnome? No idea! They all hang out in the garden most of the time.

I liked that the boys' rebel days lined up with their father's death - it seems really in character for them. I don't know what causes the mood swings but I'd like to think a parent dying would have an effect.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

lumasong wrote:I don't actually know where any of the gnomes are coming from! I can kinda see the Butternut ones as being spring gnomes and maybe got them from hunting eggs or the garden or something, but what did I do to get a witch gnome? No idea!]
The witch gnome comes from going in the Haunted House. And also maybe harvesting pumpkins? There's a page on the wiki about how to get them all. I love the gnomes, I might start a family with the aim of collecting them all.

Anyway, chapter 1.5:
Spoiler:
Werewolves and furniture is never a good mix! I always find them destroying it on community lots. I love that you can hit them with the newspaper, though :)

Hunter is having no luck at all, is he :( I like that he got heirship, though. I know it's like, the last thing he'd want but it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Shame about Carlotta's mermaid-ness wearing off. I love that life state! Lucas achieved a lot, didn't he?
Looking forward to generation 2!
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/24/16*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 2.0 Watching the Bar!

I may start updating more frequently. I'm further ahead than I thought I would be.

Sam
Spoiler:
Tessa starting hitting the werewolf on her own! Seemed like a terrible idea to me, but it was cute ^.^

I think Hunter really comes into his own as an adult - He actually surprised me with how much I like him and Angelina.

Lucas's LTW was easy, and sure fell in love easily. They would have made cute babies, but I'm happy with Hunter actually. Didn't think I would be!
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/25/16*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 2.1 Lovely Ladies
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/26/16*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 2.2 12xBirthday GO
FluffyMao
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by FluffyMao »

Just want to say that you've got an awesome legacy going on! It's a very enjoyable read, and I hope you keep at it, despite not playing TS3 usually.
For more Sims stories and some original writing, stop by my writing blog:

If the solution is not beautiful, I know it's wrong. -- David Hilbert
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Thank you, Mao, and thanks for reading! I'm actually enjoying myself a lot more than I thought I would ^.^
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/28/16*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 2.3 It's in the Air
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/29/16*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapters:
2.4 Of Course
2.5 Dogs and Glitches
2.6 Deciding the Heir

Triple update today so I can get the heir poll aligned with the chapters!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/29/16*

Post by Livvielove »

Hey there!
I've mostly been a silent reader for a while now (I'm still figuring out Boolprop here :roll: ) but I wanted to comment and commend you for trying this with the Sims 3!

Overall, I'm an avid Sims 3 player to the point where I feel I know every nook and cranny of the game and glitch fixing... and all of the goods. It's both hilarious and incredibly fun to read about someone's "first" encounters with aspects of the game I've grown very used to. I'm absolutely hooked. I love your sense of humor and you've got such great wit! I also double commend you for handling all the children that you did. That was honestly the most amazing thing I'd seen. The first time I ever played the Sims 3 (I remember it fondly) I only had one Sim and I remember I was so surprised when she aged up to Adult before I had even gotten her a job (as I was just cheating and messing around to figure out how to even play). Needless to say, you're doing much better than I did when I first started the Sims 3 and I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading and I find your story really fun and a great read all around!

Also, I'm quite glad Jillian is the heir. She's really adorable.

Return to “Sims 3 Story Graveyard”