A Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge (Updated 9/25/18)

All sims 3 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

A Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge (Updated 9/25/18)

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Totally original name yeah I know. Oh well, I'm too lazy to try to think of anything uber clever. So basically I'm just not as attached to my newest attempt at a Sims 2 RKC. The loss of Avonlea's still aching almost a year later. I still have the neighborhood for Sims 2 and hopefully I'll get around to finishing it, though who knows if I'll bother documenting it as much. Anyway, I found this summer I was really itching to play Sims 3 more...I'm not near the master sim player I am with 2. So I'm hoping the added challenge/newness of most things will keep me excited for this. it seems to be working so far anyway.

So wait how is this going to work? Well I rolled dice to get number of families, class, starting hood, and starting family set-up. From there I'll be playing these guys prosperity style for 5 generations and seeing how prosperous/what disasters befall my little families. Obviously they won't be able to inter marry, but this way it will feel like an actual kingdom right with everyone spread out? Well hopefully it does...no royal family was rolled, but i'm kinda okay with that. I mean what else is there for them to accomplish anyway? Hope you all enjoy!

Generation 1
Generation 2:
Bello Family Dragon Valley Volume 6
Last edited by mysterymusic7 on September 25th, 2018, 10:09 pm, edited 14 times in total.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: A Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, this is cool! Definitely a twist on the traditional Royal challenge. More of an Empire, really, and "view from the gallery" with one representative family from each town, giving their take on life in their area. If I were the empress, I'd find this all valuable information on the status of my empire and my people, and use it to decide what laws needed to be changed/enforced/ended, and the like. I like the way you set this up very much, Mystery! Cool idea!

So far, I like the families. It's a bit early to become attached to individual characters, but there are definitely seeds of interest. I want to see more!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: A Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Glad you like it Michelle. Now that you mention it..it is kind of like an Empire isn't it. Ha! I'm an empress now. Well I'm not very evil to my sims, Too sweet I guess.
Course with me being less familiar with things in Sims 3 they might not end up all super fullfilled and such. Guess we'll see.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: A Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge (Updated 9/4/18)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Great Googly-Moogly! I'm so far behind!
I just have binge-read it all, so I'm afraid I won't be giving detailed comments. Just that I'm really enjoying it. The different worlds, the different characters, and just generally watching them all grow into their own personalities is quite charming.
I feel ya on the glitches!
I just finished round 3, so it's probably too late to give opinions on heirship. But then again, I'm always in favor of some sort of competition, given that it can be equitable.
Back to reading, now!

Dang! I had a comment on Volume 4, and I already forgot about it, by the time I reached the end of the installment. Well, I am still liking this!

Oh yeah! I remember, now.
Spoiler:
I was so proud of Bant for not letting Brian's infidelity break her spirit. I do still hope she finds a true love, though. But there's time. The first one doesn't have to be the last one, after all.
Also, I hope Carolyn and ummmm, I forget her mother's name... anyway, I hope they get along better in the future. At least she's besties with her little brother.
And yay! a new kid at Redding house!
OK, on to Volume 5.
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on September 18th, 2018, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Eh no worries about being unable to give detailed comments. Everyone's been busy writing lately not commenting. We're all in the same boat of having to just binge read leave brief comments. Brief comments make me smile. I may have to think about a competition next time if I get stuck on heirship again.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ha! You beat me to my edit of my last comment. I didn't see yours.

Anyway, still reading. You have been SO PRODUCTIVE!

Edit:
Spoiler:
"He came from a very respectable family" and there he is IN A TOWEL! OMG! :applause: :rofl:
And then the wedding! The Bellos slay me.
Bollingers: EEEEEEE! A great big kitty, all for me! I LOVE IT!
Also, how did you manage to get an entire generation abducted by aliens?! Woooooow!
Awww, Kyle and Siri. I love them.
HOOORAAAAAY! Bant found true love at last! YAAAAY!
Also, I love how you got a new house, but kept the old one for their use as "training grounds." Awesome! I never even thought of that kind of possibility!
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on September 18th, 2018, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
I didn't even notice he was in a towel. ROTFL that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um they just decided to abduct everyone...so I got really lucky. Did not do that on purpose, but i'm not complaining.
Glad you are enjoying all this as much as I am.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I think it happened again. I was trying to get all my comments in my last comment's spoiler.
Anyway, Groves family. Just AAAAAAHHHHHH!
Ummm, good luck? Yeah, good luck! I have no suggestions.

This really is a fun read. Hopefully, I'll keep up with it better from now on.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Yeah the Groves family...hopefully that hood doesn't explode or something.
That would suck.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: A Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge (Updated 9/25/18)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

How did I miss this update?

Ah, it's good to see the next generation coming into their own. They're growing up well. Handsome and charming, and
Spoiler:
I'm glad she did accept the proposal, seeing as how she was in her underwear. HAHA!

Oooooh! A butler! Swanky!

This family is doing really well, indeed!

Return to “Sims 3 Stories”