102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 215 updated 22/09/17

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 136 updated 29/03/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

I got super far behind (a whole father!) for a while, but catching up slowly! Love all the ghost kiddies, glad you used a ghost father, it's fun to see all the occults. Maybe some of the other dads could be made occult also?

Re: Advanced Technology skill, if you get a couple of the sonic showers, everyone will flock to them, and they'll gain a couple of levels easily. The idiots in my BISBI are all L2-3 just from using that shower all the time.
Spoiler:
LMAO, that fish glitch is hilarious! I've never seen a glitch like that. Glad to see you managed to fix it!
It might be the age of the file, my towns never last longer than about 20 weeks, and you'd be well past that by now. I tend to get all sorts of weird glitches when the file starts dying. Once the grass even overtook the roads!
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I didn't know that about the ITF showers :thup: thanks - I will be changing the showers later :D

Yeah I love playing with the occults - I hoped that there would be wishes rolled - but up to now they have been very few. I have all the elixir so I am ready for them.
I'm waiting for a forbidden fruit planting wish to come too ... because I plan to get BOTT to pull up the baby - I'm very intrigued to see what sort of sim will come from BOTT
Kale and Ocean wished to be fairies and Ive had a few fairies wish to be vampires but Ive ignored them because it means curing their fairy occult to give them vampire
and I don't seem to be doing too well with vampires in this challenge - they keep dying on me :roll: Plus weve seen vampire so I'm waiting for one of the other occults.
Spoiler:
Looking at the fish glitch now it was funny - but it mega stressed me out at the time!!
I really want this file to last to the end (moreso for the graves) and so far it is good -
I am on week 78 at the moment, which I think is amazing because I don't think I have had a file last this long before - I think this is the best world I have built so far in terms of working correctly.
Ive only found one routing problem on one lot so far and that is a split level lot (half land / half beach) that you can't route once the lot is down - they walk up the rock slope which looks silly but its not drastic.
Overwatch is only having to clear out about 40 cars at most every night and it is rare that I get stuck or unroutable sims cleaned out - only the wild horses - and I think I know where they are getting themselves stuck - behind the Bistro and stadium lot - I didn't leave any walkable room around it and I think the game is spawning the horses behind it.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 137 updated 30/03/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 138 updated 10/03/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 139 updated 01/04/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 140 updated 02/04/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 140 & 141 updated 02/04/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I have been reading, just not commenting. Also your Update 57 has two U's. Anyway, never believe the days left counter because it's a lie. I've had that happen once...I think. So one question, how do you get more than 8 in a house? My name game challenge keeps tossing me twins and therefore have to use the same letter again because rules. Okay, two questions how do you move the extended family households when the main one makes a move to another place? Hidden Springs has no more open houses and no room to put down anymore so I need to move them to a bigger hood. I have no clue how to use the port system to move the extended non-playable houses. I kinda want Analise's siblings and their families to come along, Aloe and Rose (her Plantbaby sibs) have kids who were actually born as Plantsims and I have never seen that happen before. Usually, when they're playable they don't become Plantsims as babies, they just get the green skin. Or maybe it was just not rolled that way...(see Orange gen in my Rainbowcy).
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
I have been reading, just not commenting. Also your Update 57 has two U's. Anyway, never believe the days left counter because it's a lie. I've had that happen once...I think. So one question, how do you get more than 8 in a house? My name game challenge keeps tossing me twins and therefore have to use the same letter again because rules. Okay, two questions how do you move the extended family households when the main one makes a move to another place? Hidden Springs has no more open houses and no room to put down anymore so I need to move them to a bigger hood. I have no clue how to use the port system to move the extended non-playable houses. I kinda want Analise's siblings and their families to come along, Aloe and Rose (her Plantbaby sibs) have kids who were actually born as Plantsims and I have never seen that happen before. Usually, when they're playable they don't become Plantsims as babies, they just get the green skin. Or maybe it was just not rolled that way...(see Orange gen in my Rainbowcy).
Spoiler:
Yeah I was pretty shocked when Basil started to expire ... I've never played a fairy right to the end of their life - so I was getting very confused by it.
NRASS mod status told me 70 days to transition - which is usually pretty reliable - but not this time :roll:
To have more than 8 in a house you need NRASS portrait Panel and Master Controller mods
portrait panel allows you to control up to 24 sims and you set Master Controller to allow more than 8 sims.
If you want to move a sim in after you have more than 8 in the house ... you use NRASS option on sim and add them to the household that way.

Your second question - I'm sorry I can not answer because I have never used the Porter mod - I thought I might have to read up about it when I got that horrible fish glitch and was getting ready to move to a new file - but in the end I didn't need to do that.
Are there houses in town that are not filled with your extended family - because if there are - have you thought about evicting them to move your family into their homes??

Ill have a look at your orange gen - but I have had it before - the children grew into plants.
Spoiler:
I actually have human looking sims who have all the plantsim abilities.
Red ... was a plant sim when they first came into the game - way back before it was possible for plant sims to have babies (even with mods) but she was having babies normally when she was a plant.
Red had six babies - she was a simplant and the Dad was human -
I changed him into a plant half way through the children - but they still kept coming out human looking

but all the babies were human looking and did everything a simplant did

and these are two of his children

Just another family cluttering up my library :lol: I can't bare to delete them even though I probably will never play with them again
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I got the Portrait Panel Mod and the Porter Mod. I haven't installed the Porter mod yet because right now the file is still bearable to use, even though it's only six weeks in. It sounds fairly routine to use when I move the main family to another hood so I think I'll manage them for now, maybe evict some of the Townies and steal their houses. Hehe. :diablo:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Yeah you are playing an EA world :yuck: and Hidden Springs is not one of the good ones :(

Only six weeks in :popeye:
I gave up using EA worlds a long time ago - I got so fed up with them, especially trying to play legacy and challenges - I ended up making my own empty worlds which I build up as I go along
Like this world (Lost Island) I'm playing this challenge with now - I'm 78 weeks in and its still running like a dream. I am confident that I am going to do this 100 baby challenge in the one file :#1:

You will have to tell me how you get on with the Porter mod if you use it
someday I might need to use it :shhh:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Yeah Hidden Springs has a lot of spawner issues, like rocks and metals spawning in places they route fail trying to get to. I can fix it but for some reason my computer doesn't let me modify game files. It won't let me add anything to them, which is where the MTS2 fixes for those hoods have to go. I don't mean the files in the Documents folder, I mean the actual ones on the HD program list. Only the store bought worlds like Hidden Springs and Dragon Valley ever give me issues, others that came with the EP's work fine, even the Riverview one works fine. It sucks because I would really like to use Lucky Palms, Lunar Lake, Midnight Hollow, and Sunlit Tides too. And since I used the Monte Vista code for my laptop Sims 3 game it won't let me install it on my desktop where I play the majority of Sims 3, laptop is a Windows 8.1 and crashes on a dime if I try to use my headphones, wired mouse, and external DVD drive all at once so I can't play Sims 3 on it. :irritated:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
It is not that they didn't work fine - but I find the EA worlds take way too long to load, the game play is slower and the files don't last for very long in comparison to empty cc worlds
Starlight shores and Bridgeport were the worst for me on my old pc that ran on vista and to be honest Im now on a new pc which runs on windows 10 and I have not tried any of the worlds out, so they might be better on this pc - I've only opened Sunset Valley and that was just to swipe the cemetery so I could dig up a sim that I like. :lol:
Ive got all the worlds even though some of them I bought and only played once ... lucky palms and Lunar lake are my favourite - because I love their rabbit holes - they are ideal for smaller worlds.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

I am all caught up :drinks:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 142 updated 04/04/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 102 Rainbow Babies - UPDATE 143 updated 06/04/17

Post by itsjulie »

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

All caught up, yay!
Spoiler:
Sage is so adorable! I love genies, they are so helpful around the house.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

:drinks:

Yeah he is sooooooo cute!! :)
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus