The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated June 8, 2016

All sims 3 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated June 8, 2016

Post by Anne »

Back when I first got the Sims 3, I started a Differences in the Family Tree challenge, without any intention to publish it. I did take pictures, however, and now I'm already up to generation 9, so I figured I might as well post everything and go for that medal! I printed the ruleset back into 2010 or 2011, so the rules I'm using are perhaps a bit outdated. I'm not going to swith now, though!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this DITFT, even though the updates will probably be quite short.

Updates
Generation 1 - Jason Jones - Farmer
Generation 2 - Rosanna Jones - Businesswoman
Generation 3 - Nathaniel Jones - Explorer
Generation 4 - Rachel Jones - Artist/author
Generation 5 - Lola Jones - Musician
Generation 6 - Hazel Jones - Family woman
Last edited by Anne on June 8th, 2017, 11:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
ceajaye

Re: The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated December 20, 2014

Post by ceajaye »

This is really cool! I definitely can relate to publishing stories well after you played through them - last December I started an Apocalypse challenge, typed out two chapters, and abandoned it! This is a rad challenge, I haven't been active on Boolprop in a while so this is first I've heard of it! I might have to do one of these on the side to keep from going insane during my current challenge.

Looking forward to more updates!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hooray, a TS3 challenge from you! I broke down a couple of months ago and bought the Starter Pack (BG/LN/Loft Stuff) and found the game quite fun.
Spoiler:
I love the views too, and the sense of community from the Open World, and the career system, though IMO the kids really got the short end of the stick from the TS3 developers :ouch .
I used to follow Solo's TS2 version of the DITFT challenge called Drifting, which was really excellent, but it only went through Gen 2.

One chapter per generation will be nice to follow, and I look forward to seeing all the objectives you manage to meet in this challenge!
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

ceajaye
Spoiler:
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter. I definitely know the feeling of starting something all enthusiastic, and then abandon it! That's exactly why I didn't post this DITFT earlier. :P

I hope to be posting another chapter soon, but my computer is broken at the moment, so I want to figure out if I'll be able to play my DITFT game again first :(
Lorin
Spoiler:
Glad you liked it, Lorin! :D I enjoy playing TS3 as well, although I've played it much less than TS2, and also have less of a connection with it. Oh, and all the glitches and bugs are really annoying as well. I can't believe they never fixed all of that.

The kids look kind of bland, don't they? I think they all look sort of the same, really.

I once started a DITFT in TS2 as well, but what I like about TS3 is that you can focus on the main family and all the spares just start living their own lives once they move out. That's kind of perfect for a DITFT, I'd say.

My computer is broken at the moment (I think it's the video card), so I first want to find out if I'll be able to play my DITFT again ever before posting another chapter... I'm sure it'll be fine (I made a backup), but still!

Thanks for commenting, Lorin! :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is neat! Makes me want to play TS3, again. If only my computer would stop giving me that darned Error 12 every five minutes. Maybe it works better on Windows.

My favorite line from your post: When Rosanna asked for a bedtime story, I don’t think she had this in mind…
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated January 21, 2015

Post by Anne »

Glad you like it, Michelle! I've had loads of trouble with TS3 in the past, too... Luckily it's working for me now *knocks on wood*

There's an update!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated April 11, 2015

Post by Anne »

Generation 3 is now up!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated January 16, 2016

Post by Anne »

It's been a very long time, but there's a new update! Generation 4 - Rachel Jones - Artist/author
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated June 7, 2016

Post by Anne »

Aaand again, it's been ages, but here's a new update! Generation 5 - Lola Jones - Musician
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Jones Family - a DITFT - Updated June 8, 2016

Post by Anne »

Return to “Sims 3 Stories”