The NeenerNanner Apocalypse - on hiatus

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

The NeenerNanner Apocalypse - on hiatus

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This will be my Sims 3 Apocalypse, playing along with the Sims 3 Apocalypse Tournament, but I'm not actually joining the tournament. I am, however, using this for SimNaWriMo, and hoping to finish, or get as close as possible, by the end of October. Because come November, I'll be writing "real" stuff, instead.

This started as a trial run, and then I meant to start over, officially, on October 1. But since I wasn't officially doing the tournament, anyway, and my trial run started out so well, I decided to just go with it. So, I've been playing and taking pictures, and have a lot of captioning and writing to do, starting October.

Using the official rules found here.

Prologue - October 1, 2016
Chapter 1 - October 1, 2016
Chapter 2 - October 1, 2016
Chapter 3 - October 1, 2016
Chapter 4 - October 1, 2016
Chapter 5 - October 1, 2016
Chapter 6 - October 1, 2016
Chapter 7 - October 17, 2016
Chapter 8 - October 21, 2016
Chapter 9 - October 23, 2016
Chapter 10 - October 25, 2016
Chapter 11 - October 25, 2016
Chapter 12 - October 31, 2016
Chapter 13 - October 31, 2016
Chapter 14 - October 31, 2016

And now I am caught up with my play (well, part-way through Chapter 7, I suppose), so I am posting as I go, with longer intervals in between chapters.

Edit - This is now on hiatus until I can upgrade my computer, so that I can actually play Sims 3 again. For now, it's Sims 2, or nothing.
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on September 28th, 2017, 8:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Re: The Neener-Nanner Apocalypse

Post by cynicalbadger »

You got so many updates out that I had to give you a read. First, after reading your prologue I think you should write children's books because the merging of the Neener and Nanmer waves was just pure gold.
Spoiler:
I see what you did with the names there ;)

Also I only had time to read the prologue but I will most definitely get to reading those chapters as soon as I can
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Children's books, huh? Hmmm, I'll have to consider that. I can't do much for illustrations, but maybe my sister could, or even my niece. That could be a fun family project.

My niece is particularly adept at drawing dragons.

I don't know when my next update will be. My game crashed, and my computer needed updates (I HATE how Windows forces the updates. My computer literally growls at me until I do it.), so I went to bed, and now I am waiting for my pain pills to kick in before I boot up again. It might be a couple of hours before I play again, and I need at least 20 more slides, and getting to a good stopping point, before I can do the next chapter.

Hopefully this evening.

I started looking at yours, but my computer doesn't seem to like youtube right now. It keeps freezing. I have it on my watch list, though, for when my internet cooperates. I've never even attempted a 100 Baby Challenge. I notice at the top of your page, it says that swearing is likely. Well, yeah! With all those babies! YIKES!

Hopefully, I'll be able to watch it without getting too frustrated because when I click on the sims on screen, they do not do what I'm telling them to do, but follow someone else's commands, instead. I don't do well with "Let's Play" videos. LOL! But I will give it a try.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

How fitting that your challenge this month is an apocalypse! This is a cute one too. But darn you now I actually want to boot up the Sims 3 again. I so rarely play the game that so many of the features are still super new to me. I don't know I just can't seem to stay with it for very long......Oh well runs off to boot up the game anyway. I look forward to more gnome plotting. LOL!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I hadn't played Sims 3 in a looooong time, because it was so unstable on my computer. Finally, after much uninstalling/reinstalling, and switching to a laptop, and uninstalling/reinstalling there, I got a fairly stable game. NO MODS. At all.

Yep, I'm discovering a lot of stuff, and having a lot of fun.

And I am also remembering why I love Sims 2. And hate Sims 4. LOL!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Yeah it's so weird actually being able to play Sims 3 now. But so far I just haven't gotten attached/hooked in with anything just yet.
And oh gosh yes...I just can't play Sims 4.....it bores me sooooooooooooo bad.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

If the sims in Sims 4 would actually cooperate, rather than taking a full hour from serving a meal to actually sitting down to eat, it wouldn't be so bad. But I have tried it on two different computers, one a Mac and the other Windows, and it sucks on both of them. Granted, neither one is top-of-the-line.

I figure that if you have a really zippy-woo computer, it might work better. Maybe. Some people must love it. But I'm not one of them.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 7 is up!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

The Apoca-Queen moves on to Sims 3. Hehe just can't get enough of them can you? I have been reading, just not commenting by the way. Also happy b-day! :party:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you! I had a good day, and fun times with my sister.

Yeah, I Love them. I love the challenge, and the variety of strategies and tactics, and seeing what works. It's weird, though, because often times, what works in Sims 2 doesn't work in Sims 3, and vice versa. It's quite an adjustment.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 8 is up!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The NeenerNanner Apocalypse

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 9 is up!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 10 and Chapter 11are posted!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I noticed in Chapter 10 you were calling your elder founder Aurora when she was talking to Xeep who got stuck in the Elder Trap rocking chairs. Anyway, nice to see that lovely Gold Pencil in your medals collection, I think it's one of my favourites that I have too. Nice chappies.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! I'm not sure when I'll post new Sims chapters, in any of my stories. Time for NaNoWriMo!

I'm writing an adventure story. What are you writing?

Return to “Sims 3 Story Graveyard”