A Random Apocalypse

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: A Random Apocalypse

Post by Rflong7 »

ceajaye

Post by ceajaye »

Your Apocalypse challenge makes me miss the sims 2! It's been so long... I really miss Smart Milk!
I feel you on the building floor square by square...My sims have a sleeping dungeon that is slowly being completed!
Also, I think you made the world that I'm playing my Apocalypse challenge in! That is, if your username on the exchange is the same. I love it, It's gorgeous.

Keep posting! :applause:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

HI, ceayaye :D

Awesome! Yes, it's one of my worlds. I made it just for the Apocalypse Challenge- years ago. I'm so glad you love it- Yay! :D

Oh, and thank you so much for reading. :cookie:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm REALLY enjoying this, and I hope you post more, soon. Random order is quite the challenge, isn't it?
Spoiler:
Your founder is adorable, and I like his wife, and the kids are just as cute as can be, and I feel so very sorry for them. Will they ever be clean?

Watching you build two things at a time is fun, too. Architecture restrictions, right? You really have to plan a lot, when you have to move so slowly.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi, Michelle :mrgreen:

Thanks so much! :celebration:
I am thinking about starting a new one since it's been so long since I played this one... I feel like restarting it all. :whistle:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well don't do that, you already lost your first one. Would be a shame to repeat it again. :(
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi, Ani-Mei :)

You're probably right... but I got this fun random roll... and I, I, I just want to restart so bad. :lol:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I know the feeling about a restart. You want to see how it would go if you started out just a little bit differently. Heck, I have a desire to go through and do the apocalypse twenty times, just so I can see how it would be different with each starting lift, including Law Enforcement, first. Just working my way down the list of jobs, and comparing to see which one is really the best first lift. It is SO tempting.

How about you start the other one, too, but commit to finishing this one, as well? That way, you'll have variety, and you can do some comparisons, as well. Although I recommend doing a new apocalypse in a new neighborhood, so you don't wind up having them both vying to marry the same sims with the great jobs.

Or, if you want to keep things "simpler," by only doing one apocalypse at a time, just follow Ani-Mei's example, and add some plots! Villains! Monsters! That will shake things up. Have some fun with the tombstone of life and death, or the death creator. Have your simself come by, and have some horrible interaction with the founder, and punish them by hitting "reset" on the apocalypse! They have all their previous lifts revoked and have to start over!

Maybe age up your heiress, smite the others, and she gets to start over on a lot that already has three tombstones on it. :eeeevil cackle: Oh, yeah, and set a special restriction just for this family, that if they ever break this rule, they'll reset the apocalypse again. Everyone but the heir/heiress dies, and it all gets wiped (except the tombstones) and you start all over, so they're all very careful not to break the special rule.

That would certainly add some interest.

Heheh. I am so mean.

Seriously, though, I totally get the urge to restart. I've restarted I don't know how many times. There's just something about that clean, fresh page (or lot, in this case) that is so appealing. Anything could happen, and you haven't made any mistakes, yet.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi, MichelleCYoung :mrgreen:

Lol~ You do have a evilly fun mind. XD

It's Business... and then I could make it an NPC spouse theme. How fun would that be- Maybe? :idea:
I think I might just try it. Start him out as an Adult, too. Thanks :fluffy:

I've also been catching up on your Badass-Apocalypse. :#1:

In my opinion, the best first lift with the Borg Rules is Intelligence for an Adult Start then Education... XD
That's another thing... I could try my best and quickest choices. See how short I can make the challenge. XD

What is the best score with the Borg rules? I did the normal rules once in 15 or 16 weeks, I don't remember. It was posted on the Sims 2 BBS so it's not here any more- The Barbie Apocalypse. :(
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Business first lift, and then the spouses are NPCs? As in, unemployed? Ooooh, you're brave! The only unemployed spouse I'll accept for an apocalypse is a college graduate. LOL!

I never got to finish with the Borg rules with Freetime and Apartment Life before Windows blew up and I had to switch to Mac and Bon Voyage, so I really don't know. And for my Badass apoc, I lost track of the weeks. I was doing my tracking on paper, and forgot a lot. Now I set up a spreadsheet for all future apocalypses, and hopefully I'll be better at weeks.

Although, really, I think just plain finishing is an accomplishment enough for me. I don't really care much about scores, although I have begun an attempt at a scored legacy, again with a spreadsheet.

I do remember, though, that Intelligence was an excellent first lift, as was Business. With Business, you can clear out those small items easily, and upgrading early really does help with the moods. Even just having 1 point higher on the sinks makes for faster hand-washing and sponge baths. And Athletic was surprisingly useful, as well. In fact, I read not too long ago an apocalypse where they lifted Athletic before Criminal, and so when they needed more food, they just stuck the empty fridge in someone's inventory, and bought a new one, so they left Culinary until much later.

Good luck with your apocalypse, whether you reboot, switch it around, or start a new one.

As for my evilly fun mind, Thank you! I've already started setting up my "dream" apocalypse - the Alphabetepic Apocalypse! Yes, it's alphabetical! Yes, it's EPIC! It's 20 apocalypses in one! Woot! I may never finish that one, but it will be a lot of fun to play, especially if my villain manages to break out of prison, and the grand vampire manages to get the vengeance he wants, and the super-hacker servo gets her claws into the game... Yeah, I'm setting up the opportunity for lots of fun stuff in that one. I can't really play it until I'm done with the Badass one. Set-up is a fun break, though, when I need something different.

Thanks for reading my apoc-story, too. I hope it's as entertaining to read as it was for me to write.
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

Rflong7:
Spoiler:
First off, yay. First apocalypse I've read. Love your founder. I'm scared to do this challenge. But I might take the plunge now!
:ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

Wow, MichelleCYoung - that sounds epic! I hope you do it and write it up. :awesome:
I didn't get too far but I'm going to read a few more. I keep catching myself thinking, "Why didn't I do that!" and have to remind myself we're using different rules. It's still a fun and Bad@ss read. :#1:

Thanks so much, DreamWeaver! :mrgreen:
Don't be scared~ You can do it! It's lots of stress... I mean Fun. Yeah, fun! lol~ once we get past a few lifts its much easier. :)
Good luck. :highfive:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Almost every time I read someone else's apocalypse, at some point in the story, I'll get new ideas about strategy and how to really work the restrictions. The "Why didn't I do that?" often has to do with different rules, but usually has to do with me just not thinking that same way.

That's why I have started making it a point NOT to check the rules under which someone else is playing, because I have my rules set pretty well memorized by now, and don't want to confuse myself. But if I see something I want to do, I'll go to my rules and check against them, and frequently find out that it is a real thing I could do in my own apocalypse. The restrictions aren't really as restrictive as they appear at first, if you have the creativity and knowledge of the game.

Also, I'm a firm believer in the "it's not a glitch, it's a feature," motto.

For example, I read an apocalypse that mentioned how THEY had learned from Little Nemo to use outings and dates during the college prologue, and really make it count. And somewhere else, I saw someone maintaining a list of prospective spouses, and now, whether it's adult start or college start, I make sure to find out as much as possible about as many townies as possible. Not possible under Freetime, with Intelligence rules - but only in an adult start. College years are free, and you can ask away, as well as making oodles of friends. So, although I didn't read Little Nemo's apocalypse where he set some sort of best-friends record, I benefitted from it.

Another one showed the benefits of primping. Now, it's in the game, but EA broke it, so you need the fix, but it's a self-interaction similar to grooming among family members, and so even a lonely sim can stay clean that way. After my Badass story is done, I'm going to install one more CC, and add that fix.

Anne's apocalypse mentioned learning from someone else the benefits of letting teens do the children's homework, when hygiene was still an issue and the children couldn't get their mood up enough to do the homework. That's important because even if they go to school, without their homework done, they still fail and run the risk of being taken by social services.

I don't even remember where I learned most of my tips and tricks, except that I picked them up from reading other apocalypse stories. So, when in doubt about your own, I highly recommend just taking a break and reading others with a critical eye and your own rules-set in mind. And finding a cool "Ahah!" moment of "Why didn't I do that?" is also great inspiration to get back into the game and try it out for yourself.

I'd really love to see what you do next with your apocalypse, one way or another. Good luck!

And DreamWeaver, I hope you do take the plunge. It's a shock and it can be hard, but it can also be a whole lot of fun.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

I'm updating... finally. :jawdrop:

Tortured Teens 1:7

Will They Go A-Washing 2:1

Climbing the Corporate Ladders 2:2

Generation 3~ 2:3

How Many More Children? 2:4

Thanks so much for checking them out. I'm not a plot writer so... kinda full of Promo this and Spam pic that. :haha:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow, that's a massive update!
Spoiler:
OK, I LOLed at the dog peeing on the couch, and on people's shoes. I didn't even know that sim-dogs could do that!

That first generation of children is so haaaard! Good for you for getting baths, and all the pet restrictions lifted. Woot!

And the 2nd generation lifts are coming along nicely. Architecture! Pretty house! Yaaay! It really does look nice.

How can you be so very, very lucky getting those treasure chests? Don't your inventories get clogged with rocks and bones? I'm amazed. It sure does give a lovely light, though.

Oh, my word, the house is so full! You'll have to wait for the parents (and aunt) to die off, before the third generation can get married and start on generation 4. Unless you get a Military and Journalism lift, that is. But then again, you have a lot of sims to work it, so yaaaay!
That was a fun read. You have a good sense of humor, and I cracked me up several times.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi, Michelle :D

I had left them sitting on my Blog waiting... I don't know why I didn't feel like typing it out. XD

-That dog was so fun. I wish I could have kept him- just because of his goofy faces. =D

~ Oh, no. I leave the rocks on the yard. I think it adds to the look but it doesn't give them things to interact with or increase the yard score. I also place any art items on the roof- and I burned them. They did dig up maps which I could hang- I like them. XD

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope your Epic Apocalypse is coming along well. =D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Must find motivation to write my Apoca-chapter...almost done, so close... >_< Maybe today will be a Simming day who knows? Anywho, nice chapters I had five to read.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Thanks, Ani-Mei :mrgreen:
I did catch up with yours- Excellent. :D
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

I'm not going to be playing this family any more. Thanks so much for all the encouragement in the comments, I really did appreciate it. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Aww, that's a pity! You were coming along so well.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”