The Wrongway Legacy: Gen 5, Part 6! 24th April!

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Wrongway Legacy: Gen 5, Part 6! 24th April!

Post by Sam »

Two brothers. Two dreams. One legacy.

Hey there!

I started this legacy back in December 2009, and I love it. I've played and published a couple of legacies before, but this is definitely the furthest I've played to. All of the chapters are currently hosted using slideshare. I also have a livejournal for extra pictures and behind-the-scenes, where you'll find spam of the family between updates.

I'm not scoring, I'm just having a great time with it, and the legacy is plot-driven. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and any feedback is, of course, appreciated. I've changed a lot as a writer in the time I've been working on this legacy, so hopefully you'll be able to notice it gets better as it goes along. I think late generation three/generation four time is when I hit my stride completely. :)

To everyone who voted for my legacy in the recent Golden Plumbbob Awards - thank you!! I am surprised that the Wrongways got as much love as they did, and even more surprised, and flattered, that the won the award for Best Sims 2 Legacy. Thanks everyone!

If you would like any of my sims uploaded, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Generation One, Jim
Part 1: Average Jim
Average Jim begins his legacy, and a familiar face returns from his past.
Part 2: Young Love
Ash and Liam discover dating and other teenage pursuits!

Generation Two, Liam
Part 1: The Love Guru
University! Time for art, love, fights and a self-acclaimed love guru.
Part 2: The Search for the Heir
Decisions have to be made when the heir disappears...
Part 3: Growing Up the Wrongway
Grace wonders what life is like outside of the home she grew up in.
Part 4: Sister Act
Three sisters go to war - with each other.
Part 5: Teen Terror
Ralph's around, kids grow up and Elizabeth has troubles.

Generation Three, Grace
Part 1: Heart to Heartbreak
Nothing's perfect as the generation hits college.
Part 2: Life Goes On
Moving on involves many, many engagements.
Part 3: First Comes Love
A bachelor party ends with an unexpected event.
Part 4: True or False
Eli tries to right his wrongs and Hex tries his hand at parenting.
Part 5: Mind Games
Rose disappears with her friends into the Wronglands!
Part 6: Prince Charming
Lavender discovers that teenage love rarely meets expectations.
Part 7: Life As We Know It
The teenagers sort themselves out, as a new face arrives in town.
Part 8: Not Alone
Ralph's got everyone right where he wants them...

Generation Four, Lavender
Part 1: On the Outside
Music, juice, writing and Hercules decides to learn more.
Part 2: Next in Line
Romance, formal wear, and a change of heart.
Part 3: As You Wish
Mark and Lavender spend their last week in Rubix together.
Part 4: Here and Now
Rose finds romance as Lavender and Hex hit the road.
Part 5: Learning
Maddie makes friends as her parents have troubles.
Part 6: Making Mistakes
The Wrongways discover you can't have everything you want.
Part 7: Listen Up
Broken hearts, songs on the radio, and Maddie loses her cool.
Part 8: Now You Know
Childhood problems and there's an unwelcome face in Mirage.
Part 9: Expectations
A funeral is held, and Maddie makes a decision for her future.

Generation Five, Maddie
Part 1: The Middle Of Nowhere
Maddie's out on her own in the big wide world!
Part 2: Sleepless in the City
Confessions and feelings shape the future for the Wrongways.
Part 3: In the Shadows
The family is reunited, but it doesn't quite go to plan.
Part 4: Bleeding Out
The good times never last long enough...
Part 5: Shelter
Things are changing for the Wrongways...
Part 6: You and I *new*
Things work better when you're not alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Extras
Behind The Scenes
The Wrongway Family Tree Forest
Forrest's BC - One Two Three Four Five Six
Who's Who: Gen 1 & 2 Gen 3 Gen 4 Gen 5
Last edited by Sam on April 24th, 2015, 1:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Wrongway Legacy: Gen 5, Part 3! 25th May '14!

Post by Teresa »

Halfway there! Maddie in the Middle (I could have sworn it said Malcolm ;) )
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Wrongway Legacy: Gen 5, Part 4! 27th Oct '14!

Post by Sam »

Ha, should've named the gen 5 boy "Malcom" :)

New chapter up! :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
-_- You didn't really just do that did you? What happened to Hexander? :cryingeyes: :misspeak: :shiftyeyes: Is this where Solan comes back to visit his protege? Cuz that would awesome... :whome: Anyway, nice to see more Wrongways again. :drinks: :hug:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Wow! That fourth chapter!

I'm glad Leda finally realized that she had DONE something, and I hope she figures it out soon.

I do have to say, though, that the fact that the whole family spent more time sightseeing than actually looking for her was really disturbing to me. Had they found her before Ariel's spell was ready, they might have been able to avoid this.

She's wrong about being useless and pointless and all, but she DOES have a point that her family don't really treat her with very much affection. She was the last to be greeted when she and her brother arrived on the trip. They were invited as an afterthought, and when she expresses her sadness at being less than, does anyone move to give her a hug, or other comfort? Even after she ran away, they were still selfishly concerned about their own issues, issues that really could wait until the crisis was over.

Frankly, I'm kind of ticked at the whole group. Even the "outsiders" Lee and Hex, who are supposed to be guardians for the family, not just the heir. And Gold, who has known Leda since they were kids, didn't say, "Hey, Lance. Let's go look for her some more. Let's ask around. Maybe someone has seen her. Even Tank, who is so new, and not in any way pledged to the family (as Gold already was - they were planning to spend eternity together even before the proposal) takes Maddie on a date. I get why. He only really knows Maddie, and he's trying to cheer her up. Still, Lavender and Hex were the only ones who even attempted to find Leda, and that only lasted a few hours. And not one of them even tried calling her cell phone? And on the third day, they still hadn't contacted the police to report her missing?

The family is dysfunctional, for sure, and I don't blame Leda for feeling the way she did.

I DO blame Leda for the actions she took. Being jealous is one thing, but actually planning to murder your own sister? Even if Maddie died, she would be in NO WAY fit to be the next heiress, and she needs to see that.

So what IS her purpose in life? The same as Ralph's. To live his life, have a family if he wants it, and maybe find some other way to make his mark on the world in a positive fashion. Like, becoming Mayor, or an astronaut, or something. There's so much all-or-nothing here that I just have to wonder what is WRONG with these people?

So, in short, very realistic.

Also, I'm glad that Ralph did learn and grow. Both reactions, learning and growing, and becoming even more hardened are realistic responses to their situation.

I don't necessarily like all your characters, but I really do like this story! It sucks me in, and makes me believe.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

I read all your chapters in a few days! I just couldn't stop
Spoiler:
I've been loving reading all of this. You have so many good ideas! There was so much greatness that I can't possibly comment on all of it. A few things, I LOVED the wronglands. Hoping to see at least one more appearance of storyland. :starry: In the second to last chapter, Wow, Ariel has a very blunt way of making a bad idea sound like a good one. Also looking forward to finding out more about Ralph's change of heart. Most importantly if he is serious, or trying to keep Ariel out of the loop and tricking the main family. And on this last slide. Leda, really? You just realize how much of a dummy you've been? :duh: I love it, and Maddie, and all of it. Update soon!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Go Lee, finally being forthright and honest with Hex! :D I loved your picture montage of Maddie and Hex's night post-drinking, by the way. Very cleverly done.

And also? Way to go, Leda. Way to go. That is all.

(Well, also I'm looking forward, as always, with great anticipation to the next chapter. Now that is all. ;))
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:lemonade: Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
I really did just do that. But for good reasons. Well. For plot reasons! I am thinking about bringing some more imports in soon, so we'll see who comes across! :D Glad you liked it :)
:cookie: MichelleCYoung:
Spoiler:
Yeah, it was about time Leda realised just how serious things have gotten!

You're right in the fact that this current bunch of Wrongways are very self-centred. I've been deliberately holding Leda back from joining in, as she was rather hesistant to do as a child & teen, and essentially I've just exaggerated this for the plot. All in all, I think emotions were running high and no one was in the right mindset to make good decisions. I do, however, think maybe I should have put more into the "let's search for Leda" scenes.

Tank is the only one who can get off the hook with this one, you're right. He doesn't have a clue about Leda, and I feel like he tried his best with the one family member he did know.

I forget cell phones exist in the sims world more often than not, as I rarely give them to my sims. So the fact that calling Leda is completely overlooked is my fault.

I feel like the purpose-in-life is something everyone goes through at a point in their lives, and it's fun to work that with two entirely different characters - Ralph & Leda. I can certainly to try to make them a little less all-or-nothing in the future :)

I'm glad you like the story! I should have more soon. :)
:pizza: WistfulRose:
Spoiler:
Wow! That's a lot of reading!

The Wronglands are due to make an appearance in a future update, although it'll be slightly different to how they've been included in the past. I hope that doesn't disappoint you! I'm so looking forward to working with Ralph's change of heart! The aftermath for Leda is going to be a lot of fun to play around with. Also wow, I think you're probably the first person who has said they like Maddie, you know! She wasn't very popular when I was posting about her teen years :lol: and don't worry, I'll have an update soon :)

Thanks for your comment!
:donut: Keika:
Spoiler:
About time, right? I'm really enjoying playing around with the Hex/Lee relationship at the minute :D I had a lot of fun staging that montage, and the whole of Maddie & Tank's date, so I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah. The aftermath of Leda's decisions should be interesting!

Glad you liked it! I should have more soon.

Thanks guys! :hug:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Wrongway Legacy: Gen 5, Part 5! 16th Nov '14!

Post by Sam »

Update!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Poor Hex. He just has the most rotten luck when it comes to love doesn't he?
Glad Leda wasn't able to actually kill herself. So she and Buck maybe? Or maybe he'll just be a really supportive guy friend. I mean Maddie's with his brother so I'm not so sure how I'd feel about her being with Buck.
At least Lee's still functioning, and good for him wanting to start up a new Supernatural order.
Come on Hex snap out of it? Please? *hugs Hex*
Geez Ariel way to go ruining it or all supernaturals....and man the Mayor of Belladonna's a real jerk.
Makes for an interesting plot line thread for the generation though.
I've got to say it's interesting reading a story that jumps around...you're hitting the important bits in your family's life, but you may skip over other certain details (like the birth and baby phase of Danielle for example) Course this makes it more real? The time jumping I mean. Sort of reminds me of the old Pseudo legacy.
Danielle's cute. I love that she was named after Lavender. Nice to see the next generation's made it to screen.
Great chappie.
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Awesome, an update!
Spoiler:
Really? No one likes Maddie? That's sad... She feels very real... *opens new chapter*
Was your simself one of the cops in the newspaper, or am I just crazy? ...Lavender's dead, it's official. Man, Hex just can't catch a break can he? I've been rooting for those two since Lavender had her drunk night. :couple: Those are really strict rules, just because one of the supernaturals killed someone. It's like banning pillows because someone used one to suffocate a person... Yay! Their sticking around in Belladonna! I love Belladonna! I'm excited to see where you're going with all of the new plot stuff, too! Hmm... Mark's back in the picture. Not sure how I feel about that. I LOVE Tina! Poor Leda... Yay! Samantha! Oh! Lee's plans are awesome! He's really growing into his new job. I'm proud of him. And Hex is all mopey... Poor Hex, but just because died, and just because you have a replacement, doesn't mean you need to wimp out on your job! Yeah! babies! ... Are Maddie and Tank married? ... And leda... :popeye: LEDA WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! Phew... Thanks to Tanks brother saving her. I'm really starting to like her. Ripp... what? :popeye: Jill? ... :haha: ... :rotfl:. Oh they are in so much trouble! :haha: So funny! Ripp and Jill sitting in a tree... :highfive: Danielle is so adorable! And she's named after Lavender, how sweet! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
The supernatural law would make it difficult for Solan to come and help Hex deal with things...but he does know a thing or two about loving an heiress *coughTheiacough* Well if you still need ideas on how to re-introduce Solan I can help. Just been a bit distracted lately and not really thinking about Sims or NaNo as much as I want to get back to writing it. Sounds like Buck will be Leda's anchor to keep those suicidal thoughts away. Anyway, I was right about Danielle's father. The eyes man, the eyes. Nice chappie.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Oooh, great chapter!

Why didn't Mark introduce himself to Leda and Lance, at the funeral? Hmmm, they'd probably react worse than he thought Maddie would. Good for Maddie. She's taking responsibility and growing up. Are she and Tank going to get married, and make it official?

Leda - I'm glad she's seeing things a bit clearer, but she's still so messed up. And self-centered. It never occurred to her the agony she would put on the poor, innocent driver, if her cocked-up "plan" had gone ahead. I hope she learns to think about that sort of thing, soon. Thank goodness for Buck! Those brothers rock!

I think Leda will feel better, and feel like she has a purpose, if she joins the supernatural court and becomes another back-up guardian. Lee seems to have taken over for Hex, which is just as well. Now it's time for him to bring up his own apprentice, and Leda seems to be just the person for the job. She has a reason to atone, and dedicate herself to protecting the line. And with a good witch there, who can teach her the Ways of Light... Of course, that's just my own thinking. I'm sure you have plans for her that will be fantastic and I can't wait to read them.

Good for Tara! Yaaaay! I love her, already. And hate her dad. That law is heinous. Plus, it won't stop any supernaturals who are determined to do evil, anyway.

This seems to be setting up for something very similar to the situation with the Jews in Germany, with most of them in camps, and the others being hid by good people, endangering their own lives, to save their friends. In other words, drama, Drama, DRAAAAMMMAAAA!

My stories are way boring, compared to this.

Moving to Belladonna is an interesting move. Most people would want to leave the city, with the laws and drama hyping up. But this family is walking right into the storm. Probably because in the end, they will be the ones to help save the city. Destiny and Fate (and author) planning for that, all along, is what led Maddie to Belladonna Cove, in the first place, I'm sure.

Now, Ralph - hmmmm. I do believe people can have a change of heart. But it will be very hard to ever trust him again. More drama! Yaaay!

I love how you are writing such screwed-up and believable people.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Wrongway Legacy: Gen 5, Part 6! 24th April!

Post by Sam »

Mystery:
Spoiler:
Hex has never had it easy, has he? :)
Lucky for her Buck was around! As for their friendship, we'll see what happens there in the next update.
I'm really enjoying Lee coming into his own with the guardian thing :)
There's only so much I can put him through, I guess...
Well, he's doing what he thinks is best for his people, I suppose. Good intentions don't always work out.
I'm very excited by it all, can you tell? :D
It's really hard to stage births, so I've been skimming over them! Aw, to be compare to Pseudo is an honour, that legacy was sooo good!

Glad you liked it!
WistfulRose:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Maddie was one my least-liked characters! I really like her!
My simself played the male cop, and my partner's simself played the female cop! I thought I was being sneaky using them as extras but apparently not! I've loved them together for a long time, but things do go wrong sometimes! I really like using Belladonna as my backdrop, it's a lot of fun! It was about time I brought Mark back, really. I've been meaning to for awhile. I am very excited with Lee's plot at the minute! He's really coming into his own. Hex is not quite back with it yet, bless him. We'll see what happens there! Maddie and Tank aren't married yet :) It's been a lot of fun to work on Leda's development, so I'm glad people are enjoying it. :haha: I love Ripp and Jill, but it's definitely going to cause an issue! I love Danielle, and I couldn't help but name her after Lavender.

Thanks for your comment!
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Well, Solan may be helpful in the next chapter... :P It's been a lot of fun writing Leda post-Lavender's death, because there's so much development potential there! Yeah, spot on with Danielle :)

Thanks for your comment!
MichelleCYoung:
Spoiler:
Thank you!

Mostly because it was extra scenes to shoot, and I felt Leda wasn't really up to talking to anyone, let alone her estranged father. As for Maddie and Tank...well, soon :)

Leda's very interesting to write at the minute, as she's got so much going on there. I'm also pleased Buck just happened to be there, too. Got to love the Grunt brothers!

As for Leda's future, well, no spoilers! But here's hoping she finds what she wants out of life, right? :)

It's awesome being able to work Tara in. And man, I am loving her prejudiced father as well - just for the dramatic potential!

Well, I've wanted to do a plotline with the supernaturals being ostracized for some time, and finally I could work it in, so now I'm planning to milk it for all of its dramatic worth! It's so much fun, and my favourite bits to shoot at the minute are the supernaturals.

I'm not they're not. They're on my list of things to read!

Well, with no supernaturals directly in the family tree, it might not be the worst move ever. That said, it's far juicier for the story to keep them in the eye of the storm! Plus I love Belladonna :)

I'm not expecting anyone to trust Ralph instantly. I certainly wouldn't!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them!

Well, it took me a while, but here is an update!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
EEE, my Solan.<3 I luffs him so much. Might that fairy be a throw in to Eirene? Or not? I did extract her I think, I added her to my downloads list after I found her again after M&G...you know did what it did. *is still bitter* Also I did read your Rad legacy and for some reason your second gen heiress (name escapes me) reminds me of Lucy Lawless, you know Xena? I really should get back to my Apocalypse and my legacy but as you can no doubt relate, the desire just isn't there to play or write or even mildly stage them. I thought I could get back into my AU legacy, but I just didn't...I placed my heirs, got the next gen cooking but then pleh, nothing. :sigh: Anyway, rambling over here's hoping Solan can help out his best friend after Lavender find his mojo again.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Well should be interesting to see how they work all this supernatural law mess out this generation.
Solan helping out now nice.
Good girl running in the house like that, but Ariel is scaring. I was honestly terrified for a moment something really really really awful was about to happen. I mean it's not like Ariel's not capable of such things. :heavybreathing:
Well hopefully if those kids do catch a witch or a supernatural it will be the good kind that would help them not the bad kind like Ariel.
Yeah a vacation sounds like a very good plan right now.
Good to see the Wrongways and you again. *hugs*
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! It's been so long, I had stopped checking, but I'm glad I remembered to check again. What a great update!
Spoiler:
Danielle and Susannah are so cute, and I do hope they find some good supernaturals. Also, I'm glad that Danielle didn't get sucked in by Ariel's manipulation. Maybe a chat with Leda would be a good idea.

Leda and Buck - :candyheart: I want them to become a couple.

That escape was great! And I loved seeing all these sims I knew and loved in other 'verses.'

The break sounds great for Maddie and Tank. But what will they miss while they are away?
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Hey, Sam! I know it's been here since April, but nice update! :)
Spoiler:
I squealed a little bit to see my old legacy sims hanging out in your game. Even though poor Rhea was a little worse for wear. ^^

It's so nice seeing Tank and Maddie living such a nice, comfortable life. Maddie's already put up with a lot of crap in her life, so really, very nice to see her happy. The drama right now, really, is coming from everyone else associated with the legacy--Leda, Lee, Hex, you know. I'm really enjoying the supernatural storyline this generation. Really interesting take on it!

Keep Lee away from them vampires, okay? ;) I'm looking forward to the next one!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”